PDA

View Full Version : Out dressed in the middle of the day

Starr
06-11-2011, 08:43 PM
Ok for all you girls who worry about what would happen if you went out dressed..

While I have dressed and gone out before it has been a while and mostly to places I knew I would have no problem. The other thing most of those times were at night or late evening... But Today..

I had to be in Nashville so I dressed what I could until I got away from everyone who knew me and then I completed the change in the car. Anyone who has done that knows it is not easy... but can be done. Make up was a little hard to deal with as we all know putting it on in front of a well lite bathroom mirror makes everything go so much better...I was wearing womens white jeans, a black blouse, bra and panites.. with my forms and 2" heel sandals.. my toes nails were painted with a coral color and my fingers where clear shinny. I did pretty good with the makeup but could have been a little better.. then I was off, first stop Walmart...

I got to the store got out, grabbed my purse and headed in, I saw a few folks slow and look but I just held my head, smiled and went about my business. I was looking for some panties that I just love but can't find anywhere anymore so I got a cart and laid my purse in the top and moved back though the store. I checked all the areas but they did not have the panties I was looking for. In the mean time I met and made eye contact with several people and just smiled, some spoke and some just smiled and went on there way. Everyone was very nice. Next stop Kmart.

As I headed out of Walmart I decided I want to put on the short skirt I had with me and did a quick change in walmart parking lot before heading to Kmart... When I got out of the car at Kmart.. There was a Man leaveing who kind of stopped and looked at me a min.. but not sure if he was looking at me or thinking about something else.. There were a couple of young Black Men sitting near the door outside who made me pretty quick... hey I'm 6' tall and 200 lbs so it isn't that hard to do.. I heard them talking to each other and as I got to the door I looked at them and smiled and went on in. While I was looking for the panties there I heard them with a couple of other guys coming down my way. I thought they might be wanting to get another look or show the other guys..but no... they just went on by.

From there it was on to one of the older malls that is about empty but there is a Payless shoe store in it.. I went down to the store and there where a few people in it I just smiled stood straight and went about looking at the ladies shoes.. however didn't find anything.. and as I was about to leave the young lady who was running the store came around to where I was and told me that they were doing the buy one get one half off sale wanting to be sure I knew it.. and I told her I did... she then told me that she got new shipments of shoes in on Thursday's and Tuesday. In other words she was saying if you didn't find anything today come back Wednesday and maybe you will.. She was very nice and professional... I did have a problem here when one of my shoes broke a strap and I wound up having to walk to the car barefoot.. it was around 95 degree and mid day... the pavement was pretty hot... thank goodness I didn't have to walk far to the car.. I changed back to the white jeans and tennis shoes and did a couple of other stops... all of them went off with out a hitch.. no cross words, no one looking at me like I had 4 heads, and no one challenged me about being out..

All in all it was a great trip out, I know as a crossdresser I am a novelity for people to see. Most just look and smile then go home and tell their SO they so a crossdresser "wherever" today. They make a little small talk about it and then it is forgotten. I can live with being a novelity and I don't mind being read as a crossdresser, it isn't the end of the world. While yea I would love to pass with ease and be a pretty sexy lady in everyones eyes that I meet.. I know that isn't goinng to happen. It doesn't make me feel anyless pretty, or less happy about being out so again I can live with that.

Danni Renee
06-11-2011, 09:20 PM
Starr - Thank you so much for this post! I am moving north of Nashville (Clarksville area) in about 2 months and I have hopes about going out dressed in Nashville in the future. It sounds like you had a good trip and that it is an accepting area. I have been wondering what it is like their for our community and this little bit of information gives me hope.

Cynthia Anne
06-12-2011, 12:35 AM
Sounds like you had quite a nice day shopping! Quite a confident builder! Good for you! Keep going and keep smiling! Hugs!

zoe m
06-12-2011, 12:45 AM
Great post! Enjoyed reading about your adventures and I like the way you end it.

cassandra.932
06-12-2011, 01:00 AM
Starr,

What a wonderful story. The first time is always the most exciting. Glad to hear that your adventure turn out well. I find that all the shops I patronize are also very accomodating over here in the far east. I usually do shopping malls where you could have many shops under one roof.

thechic
06-12-2011, 04:20 AM
Good on you,the more often you go out the more confident you get.it then gets easier.

Iskandra
06-12-2011, 04:35 AM
What a trip! In more ways than one! lol
Deff won't be seeing me out in daylight anytime soon!
Impressed!

Paula_56
06-12-2011, 05:52 AM
The more you go out the more confident and relaxed you will be the more you will blend in.

daviolin
06-12-2011, 07:16 AM
159524I just went out on a solo shopping trip the other day too. Had a most rewarding time. I think doing it solo is easier than with a companion. It draws less attention. You blend better alone. Its so fun just going to all regular shopping venues. and not just cd friendly stores. I'm glad you had a rewarding day Starr. Daviolin

PretzelGirl
06-12-2011, 09:13 AM
Sounds like a great day Starr! I have to chuckle at the irony that you were walking away from a shoe store with a broken shoe and had to change because of it. :D

Oilpainter35
06-12-2011, 10:31 AM
I have gone out several times, and just returned from a vacation where I stayed dressed for most of a two week period. A great deal of work. I might add that me going out has always been great. Am I a hot looking woman? No. I am 60 and overweight. I look like a 60 year old over weight woman. Not great looking. Not looking like something dragged in from the rain, but rather a 60 year old woman, comfortable walking around and doing what a 60 year old does. I never try to wear something that isn't appropriate, like a gown out gettting ice cream mid day. Or, dressed to the nines going to Walmart topick up some things. I try to smile and not stare at anyone, but I have never had anyone stare at me, comment, point or run into the night after seeing me, walking by and or talking to me. I do try to keep my comments limited, but I am thinking you are in the same boat Starr. YOu look very very nice. I might add the wonderful and ever so sought after phrase, " you look natural and not out of place here or where ever you would go". Smile Starr you are wonderful and enjoy your day , evenings and mornings.....................Smiling