PDA

View Full Version : Do You Change Clothes Constantly?

Danielle Gee
06-12-2011, 06:58 AM
Hi Ladies:

Are any of you like me? That is, I never seem to be satisfied with anything I’m wearing! I can lay out an outfit for the day; do my morning routine of primping, shaving, and make-up, then don what I thought was the perfect outfit……Then in less than an hour it happens……..THE DOUBT:eek:

I begin to think thought like “I‘d like to try this blouse……….Or “Maybe the skirt would be more fun”……….Yada yada yada!!!! It’s not unusual for me to go thru 4 or 5 complete clothing changes in a day.:o

All this time my Sweetie is watching this in a bemused fashion. “You’re still just “Playing” at being a girl after all these years!”

Do any of you other ladies experience this, and if so; how did you get past it?

Danielle

Maria in heels
06-12-2011, 07:03 AM
I too do the same thing as you do sometimes. I guess that it is because we don't do this everyday, and deep down, we just want to wear all of our clothes...hence the changing constantly. I know that I can be dressed to the 9's, sit down to watch a little tv with my wife, and in 10 minutes, I decide to go and change my outfit totally...down to my shoes...

suzy1
06-12-2011, 07:14 AM
I sometimes change my mind on something as I dress. But when I’m done that’s it for the day.
But if the post man delivers that new dress during the day then the temptation to try it on is overwhelming. So I give in.

SUZY

Karren H
06-12-2011, 07:18 AM
Nope... Obviously I must have such good taste that the outfit I put on is the one I wear all day! Lol. More liikely I'm too damn lazy to change... Plus I might muss my makeup!! Ekkkkk....

Danni Renee
06-12-2011, 07:20 AM
I used to be that way - changing outfits constantly. I wanted to wear everything I could while I could. I do not do that very often now. I can dress daily (after work) and I feel much better about just wearing one outfit knowing I can try a different outfit tomorrow.

Raychel
06-12-2011, 07:29 AM
Are you kidding me, This happens all the time to me. If I get time to dress, I am getting changed every half hour. Never satisfied with what I am wearing.

Cynthia Anne
06-12-2011, 07:35 AM
I just change when I need to! Such as, I wont wear the nice outfit that I wore to town after I get back home if I'm going to change the oil in my truck!

Wendy_Marie
06-12-2011, 08:53 AM
There have been periods in time where I was like this as well..I wa always trying to mix and match what I had on hand to put togther some new look...after a while I had pretty much tried all the combinations available to me and it became a lot easier to put an outfit together and feel comfortable with my choices for the day.

Cheryl T
06-12-2011, 08:59 AM
That used to be me before I came out to my spouse. Now that only happens when we are going out and I can't decide what to wear.
I used to think it was a problem having only one outfit that I wore all the time. Now I have a closet full of clothes and the decision process is the problem...nicer problem though I think.

KrystalA
06-12-2011, 09:10 AM
I'm kinda like Suzy. I might try on a few different outfits, but once I find the right combination, that's it for the day.

diannecourtney
06-12-2011, 11:39 AM
Danielle Gee, If I had as many outfits as you and Karren Hutton, I might consider high frequency changes but once I snap the bra closed and slip the forms in and jack up the gaff firmly my female feelings are set and the clothes is closed.

Kate Simmons
06-12-2011, 01:17 PM
Only when I'm rough on clothes especially when I play hard. Call me a female Sgt. Fury I guess :heehee:. Usually when I change them(i.e. after a night of dancing) they are sweaty, ragged, trashed or all of the above.:battingeyelashes::)

Sarah Doepner
06-12-2011, 01:35 PM
Why would you not want to change? It's fun! When I'm dressing at home and know I'm not going out I'll change outfits on a regular basis, always searching for some new combination or look that I like. However, if I'm going out I'm in the same thing all day or all evening. But even when I get home or back to my room, I may try on a couple of other things, just because it's an enjoyable experience.

Shananigans
06-12-2011, 01:44 PM
Happens with GGs too. And, then I am usually too lazy to hang the clothes that were barely worn back up, so they stay on the floor and need to be washed by the end of the week. :(

My SO gets a little annoyed with outfit changes. In male mode, he can throw whatever on and just go. I'm always taking forever trying to figure out what I am going to wear. (Does it match my makeup? What about my hair?) No matter how stuffed my closet is, I never have ANY clothes. And, if I decide to wear my sorority letters that day and he wants to go out drinking with me, I have to make ANOTHER outfit change to get out of my letters. So, on average, I wear about 2-3 outfits a day. I have whatever I roll out of bed and grab to make it to my 8AM class. I have what I think is suitable for work. And, then I have my outfit for later that night when I am out with my friends. If we count bed clothes, it's 4 outfits total.

Tina B.
06-12-2011, 11:11 PM
I can do two or three outfits while deciding what I'm going to wear, but once it's picked, that's it for the day. My wife sometimes wonders if it's all about the clothes, then why not change and change, as often as you can, but then she doesn't. I dress often enough, what I don't get tried today, just might be tomorrows cute outfit.

Kathy4ever
06-13-2011, 03:17 AM
I like to change into several outfits when I get dressed. I think it might be me acting like young girl. If you ever notice they change their wardrobe almost every hour. I reserve the right to change my mind and my outfits. A girl has to have fun!!!!!

erickka
06-13-2011, 05:28 AM
I lay out my outfit the night before, and that is the one for the day. I only change when it is time to chill, then it is into leggings and t shirts, or anything else considered "slob" attire!

Jay Cee
06-13-2011, 06:09 AM
I don't have enough femme clothes to have this option yet. :) All in due time, I suppose.

Annie D
06-13-2011, 07:16 AM
OMG! Are you kidding??? Not only do I have to budget my time for putting on my make up, I need to set aside an extra 20 to 30 minutes to find just the right outfit.

I have let my hair grow longer, long enough that it almost touches my shoulders, and every two weeks or so I go to get my hair done. My hair salon is one of the places where I go dressed, followed by shopping or the nail salon. Well, I am almost always running late because I don't know the exact look that I am trying to achieve and of course, I want to be accepted by the other girls at the places where I will be going. When I finally pick that colorful top, I need to find an acceptable bottom: skirts and a pedicure don't mix plus do I want to run around with those ugly "flip flops" they give you when you get your pedi? Absolutely not! So now acceptable shoes/sandals don't match the bottom that you change and now you need to find a different top. Now back to the jewelry; my earrings don't match the color scheme of the outfit and my lipstick is too bold a color for the pastels in my top. Now you know why I'm always running late!

Amber_Lynn
06-13-2011, 10:17 AM
LOL, this just happened to me yesterday. Usually I'm pretty easy with my male attire. Cargo shorts and a t-shirt, button down or polo. Don't give it much thought. Yesterday we went to the Pride Parade in LA. I knew I was wearing white womens 3.5" inseam shorts and originally I wanted to wear a black woman's top. I also wanted to wear some pink panties as I knew if someone looked close they could see the color. I then changed to teal panties and a light blue shirt, then changed to a pink/mauve shirt and pink panties. That's what I finally settled on. My GF was laughing saying she has never seen me change cloths so many times!

dawnmarrie1961
06-13-2011, 10:35 AM
Yeah. I'll admit I've done that. Usually ten to fifteen minutes before I leave to go out somewhere. It's a pain when you start second guessing yourself like that. Then later I think "Alright. This outfit just isn't going to work. I should have stuck with the first one."
It's always a GIRL'S right to change her mind. Isn't it?
How do you get past it? Lock the darn closet door after you've taken out your first choice and hide the key!!!(A Timelock, like they have on bank vaults,work too.)

RenneB
06-13-2011, 12:14 PM
Yep, me too. Some days I'll change three or four times. As soon as I change a skirt, the shoes don't match so I have to change them too. Then, I'll think of what elese goes with that skirt and the tops will change three or four times too... Somedays, I spend the night before picking out my outfit in my mind and then checking the weather to see if I want to venture out into the real world. That'll change which outfit to wear again.... Decisions, decisions, decisions. But it's all fun.

Renne.....

Stephanie47
06-14-2011, 11:53 AM
I usually stay with one outfit when I have only six or seven hours to be en femme. When I have 24/7 time I do change outfits. During the day it usually gets warm in the summer- a blistering 75. A night it will fall into the 50's. So, during the day I'll be wearing a knee length dress, usually sleeveless. During the evening cool temps I change into a floor length dress with at least cap sleeves. If I'm going to take a drive, I'll change back into a shorter dress so I do not drive my heel into the hem of my dress. Even if it is cool, I'll change into a knee length dress for a evening walk.

"Mary"
06-14-2011, 12:52 PM
I do change a lot when I dress. I don't dress often and I find I want to "test drive" many combinations.

Zoe Preston
06-14-2011, 01:18 PM
Do You Change Clothes Constantly?

Oh God Yes! Even when I go to the support group I can't decide what to wear so I take a spare outfit. And of course a spare wig... and shoes..... and jewellery.... :battingeyelashes:

I'm pretty certain I'm indecisive :D

Zoe

betty1253
06-14-2011, 03:22 PM
Sure, why not? Sometimes you put something on and you say "I can do better than this" or "this isn't working for my mood" or "I need something more comfortable."
Also, my wife will change at the drop of hat. Like changing jeans and top just to go to the grocery store. So if she can do this.......

Have fun and be creative!

Betty

TGMarla
06-14-2011, 03:28 PM
It's rarely a problem for me. Once I'm dressed, I tend to wear what I put on the first time, and I don't change clothes all that often.

Aneline
06-14-2011, 11:25 PM
Maybe if I had more clothes to change into, I'd feel like that. But I do change my lipstick constantly..

hera_cd
06-15-2011, 05:57 AM
I dress in the morning, and I do not usually change until noon or the evening I put on something more comfortable. Office work. Then as the evening if I get a little more sexy and go out there with my wife for a drink ;-)

Pythos
06-15-2011, 12:05 PM
The changes I do are usually involuntarily. Usually I am having to "tone down" an androgynous outfit in order to be around the parental unit without strife. Other times it is due to clothing mess ups. Example.

During the process of getting my hose on I don't notice the bloody great hole that magically appeared :) Or even more fun, the busted seam in the side of a pair of leggings. If I notice these I CHANGE SAID ITEM, if able.

Jane G
06-15-2011, 01:57 PM
I Used to. Nowdays I will try a few optons while I'm dressing but once I'm ready I tend to stay with the same outfit. The only time I do change and change again is when I get new clothes. Then it seems like I go through a dozen swaps and changes just to see what goes with what.

ReineD
06-15-2011, 02:15 PM
…….Or “Maybe the skirt would be more fun”……

How can different outfits be more or less fun than others (assuming they are not fetish wear)?

Anyway, this probably explains your need to change. If you're looking to get a thrill from wearing the clothes, it makes sense you'd become bored quickly since soon after putting something on you likely discover that it doesn't make you feel much different than before? So then you change hoping to find that thrill again?

boardpuppy
06-15-2011, 02:21 PM
most of my pants are jeans (not all though) and that helps a great deal as fare as the selection goes. Of course, the pants do depend on where we are going and who we might run into. However, the selection of blouse and cami ( most times) is done by holding them together and thinking about the boundries the SO has set for my "adventures" into the real world, will she be with me or not and how excepting is her mood today if she is.