PDA

View Full Version : Don't you hate it when......

Natasha1
06-13-2011, 08:48 PM
Don't you hate it when your wife's best friend is a nail and beauty tech! I am always wishing when I sit and watch my wife get her nails etc done that it was me getting a set of awesome nails done!!

Karren H
06-13-2011, 09:04 PM
Not really. I just go get mine done or do my own when ever I want. My wife is a nail bitter and her nails suck! Lol.

Cynthia Anne
06-13-2011, 09:37 PM
That's enough to make you bite your nails! Just hollar I'M NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sissystephanie
06-13-2011, 09:41 PM
My late wife's nail and beauty tech used to do my nails after she did my wife's. Manicure and pedicure! Since my wife died I now go to a shop that is closer to my home, and have two girls! One for my fingers and one for my toes!! I know, I am picky but I get great work done!! And I do tip very well!!

Samantha Scott
06-13-2011, 09:43 PM
Does your SO know about your dressing? If so maybe you could discuss getting your nails done, and let her suggest her friend doing them. Or as Cynthia said, just say you want your's done and see what their reaction is, you could end up with a beautiful set of acrylics painted your favourite colour.

Eryn
06-13-2011, 09:51 PM
Don't you hate it when your wife's best friend is a nail and beauty tech! I am always wishing when I sit and watch my wife get her nails etc done that it was me getting a set of awesome nails done!!

Been in a similar situation many times. At least I was able to be there and enjoy the conversation.

CindyT
06-13-2011, 11:52 PM
My daughter sells makeup... of course she doesn't know about me. She gave me books to bring to the Ladies at work! Wish I could order something... maybe I could act like it was for someone else???

Natasha1
06-14-2011, 10:19 PM
My wife is very cold about my dressing, but oh well, I can always wish!!

GMCD
06-14-2011, 10:59 PM
My wife isn't a very "girly" dresser. She's more of a casual type (jeans, t-shirts, sneakers). She prefers that if we're going to spend money in the salon that I get something done rather than her. I never leave the mall without at least getting my eyebrows threaded by the nice Indian lady there.

Christine1954
06-15-2011, 03:17 PM
I am in a similar position, my wifes best friend being an Avon representative. I do get to order items for me, in my wifes name. I unfortunately have not painted my nails as my wife has expressed a negative opinion on this as yet, maybe this may change soon.
Christine :straightface: