I shaved my legs yesterday for the first time .. feels great

S-j

:cool:

britney1
10-04-2005, 05:24 PM
Lucky!

Felicity
10-04-2005, 06:04 PM
My legs are shaved, but now I can't wait for it to grow out a little. I just bought an Epilitor. The area I was able to get at the hairs with it is baby skin smooth. I now need a day or two more for it to be able to pull out all the hairs.

Gale R
10-04-2005, 06:31 PM
Tried the eplilator way but it was agony for me, shaving does it for me but for a real all over smoothness got be a chemical strip ( veet, etc).

Luv ya, Gale.

Zenda
10-04-2005, 08:19 PM
There's nothing like the look and feel of stockings with bare legs! There's a thread in Beauty Club about leg shaving. I asked for help before taking the plunge...I took Tamara's advice and went for waxing. Best thing. You'll need to shave the stragglers as well. Apparently the Epidoodad route can promote ingrown hairs and other problems so I gave it a miss. I'm gonna save up and treat myself to a salon wax onme of these days...

michelle19845
10-04-2005, 10:52 PM
what all does the epilator do? if it works ,what is the benefits compared to shaving? where can you get them?meijer/walmart?

michelle19845

GypsyKaren
10-04-2005, 11:14 PM
I finally started shaving this year and I can't believe how good it feels, even when I'm just wearing jeans. I should have done it a long time ago.

GypsyKaren

Wenda
10-05-2005, 01:22 AM
I started shaving, first my legs, over a year ago. I have used wax strips and am thrilled with the results. Some advice: use a cream. I had good results with Aveeno. Use a new shaver. After shaving, wipe yourself with alcohol or peroxide to minimize shaver bumps.
My gf prefers my shaved legs (and some other areas). I shave my chest as well. I have tried some wax strips on my chest, with uncomfortable results. Enjoy! wenda

Wenda
10-05-2005, 01:25 AM
PS. I bought the cheapest epilator at London Drugs. Runs off one AAA battery. Epilators pull hairs out. The little pen-style that I have is great for eyebrows, ears, etc. You can be very precise with an epilator.

Deanna2
10-05-2005, 02:26 AM
Started shaving my legs about five years ago and wouldn't have it any other way. Its great for wearing pantyhose and the thrill of a skirt swirling around bare legs is out of this world.

DawnRodgers
10-05-2005, 02:34 AM
I have used an epilator for years now and the hair that does regrow comes in appreciably finer so that shaving results in a much smoother feel (actually feels very feminine now when I have to shave. I still use the epilator infrequently since it does last longer than shaving. I think it is ny far the best and the cheapest way to go. I am on my second one and am extrmely pleased with it. I use it everywhere on my body and am completely hairless below my neck. It is a bit touchy around the pubic area and you have to keep your slin very taught there or you will have some problems. I use the Phillips Satinelle and it can be bought online at the Phillips web site.
Dawn

Felicity
10-05-2005, 03:24 AM
what all does the epilator do? if it works ,what is the benefits compared to shaving? where can you get them?meijer/walmart?

Most epilators use a rotary head that has embedded tweezers. As the head rotates, they grab a hair and pull it out. The benefits are like waxing. No hair for 1-3 weeks and fine ends when it grows out. No prickly stubble!

You seldom see these at regular department stores but most the higher end stores carry one or more model. I don’t think Wal Mart carries them, but they might. Places like Macy’s, Nordstrom’s, 5th Avenue, etc. should all carry them. I’m in Portland, OR (USA) and I don’t know about other places in the nation or world. I bought the Braun Silk-epil Soft Perfection Body System from Meyer and Frank. I paid $59.95 for it on sale. The regular price was $89.95.It comes with the Silk-epil 5318 with an Epilator head, and a regular shaver head. The shaver head has an attachment to cut the hairs to the right length for the epilator head, or can be used as an electric razor. The Epilator head comes with two different guides for positioning against the skin.

When an epilator is used correctly, there will always be some pain with at least the first use. Since it pulls the hair out from the root, the hair grows back finer. Generally, only the first time on legs can have a level of pain that is distressful for some. Once the hair is finer, there is often no pain at all. This particular model says it can be used in the ‘bikini area.’ This is where the first time, the pain is less manageable.

Using these can cause ingrown hairs. You must take daily care of your skin to keep this from occurring. I hope I stay diligent at that.

I think tomorrow my hair will grow out enough to try it again… can’t wait…

jenny c
10-05-2005, 08:09 AM
I have been shaving my whole body for quite a while now i have found the thing to do is to exfoiliate the skin first this reduces the risk of getting shaving bumps or hives. another thing is the room temperature has to be just right and the water not too hot this also reduces shaving bumps.
once shaving is finished it is important to apply a good moisturiser over the shaved area this will cool the skin and keep it subtle.

A great gadget i use sometimes is a Babyliss Simply Smooth this is great keeping those legs nice and smooth this also exfoiliates the skin.

Jenny xx

morgantoy25
10-05-2005, 08:28 AM
By far this is not intended to be rude but this isnt the forum for those questions . this is a F_T_M sight and although the reading is interesting and intrigeing it isnt a topic that we would converse in.

Angela Burke
10-05-2005, 08:59 AM
By far this is not intended to be rude but this isnt the forum for those questions . this is a F_T_M sight and although the reading is interesting and intrigeing it isnt a topic that we would converse in.
Oh yeah?
Have another look sweetie!
Love the sprelling!

Love Angela XX

kymmieLorain
10-05-2005, 09:10 AM
I started about 2 years ago and love my shaved legs. a nice pair of stocking being pulled up freshly shaved legs is quite a thrill. I just need to find a better way than shaving. epilator is a little too much $$$ right now.

Kymmie