PDA

View Full Version : Girl talk

TGMarla
06-14-2011, 02:24 PM
So today I'm working on some computers at a new client's office, and three of the women there begin talking about their preparations for this wedding that's coming up in July. There I am, sitting there listening to all three of them discussing their dresses, and all the dresses they own, and what to wear, etc. Too much!

So one of them asks one of the others which dress would look better on her, either the coral one or this other really fancy one in a dark navy blue color. "Almost black, but not black," she says. I glance over to her and say, "You'd better do coral, dear."

She looks at me, smiles, and says, "Ya think? Coral? Why?"

I told her she didn't want to be at some fancy affair, all dressed up to the nines, in a room full of women all wearing pastels and summer colors, and be the only one there in brilliant navy blue. She'd stick out like a sore thumb. "Geez....," she said. "Good point!" They were all pleasantly surprised to find such sensitive and astute advice coming from the guy in the room.

They were all looking forward to doing girly things that evening, like trying on dresses and playing with their hair. I admit I had pangs of regret for things that I've had to miss out on in life....the curse of being born male, I guess. I want to try on all the dresses with them, and play with my hair, and do my nails and my makeup just so. Oh well. I wish them all the best, and I hope they have a lovely time, both getting ready, and going to the wedding in July.

sissystephanie
06-14-2011, 02:47 PM
Sorry about your probelm, Marla. You are a pretty girl, and would probably be the best looking one there!!

I am goin to a wedding in November, but it is my grandsons and I don't think a dress would be appropiate for me! He does know that I crossdress, but I don't think his wife to be does!!

Jannette H
06-14-2011, 02:48 PM
WOW! sometimes it seems that we just can't help it. We have to say something. Wonder what the ladies are thinking about you now.

Fab Karen
06-14-2011, 07:27 PM
Good advice, but brilliant isn't a word I'd use to describe deep navy.

TGMarla
06-14-2011, 07:39 PM
Deep....I meant "deep". :D

Cynthia Anne
06-14-2011, 10:39 PM
It takes a real lady to know how to dress for a wedding! I guess you showed them that!!!!

GMCD
06-14-2011, 10:50 PM
Yeah, I go through that kind of pain a lot, usually when I'm shopping and I see gals trying on cool stuff, or when I'm at an office in a situation like yours. It is kind of sad to not be able to dive into the conversation. Fortunately for me, I have a good GG friend who I sit and have girl talk with every now and then. She loves having someone to talk to and I love talking about girly things with her.

t-girlxsophie
06-15-2011, 11:22 AM
I quite like when talking with my GG friends,and they ask for my input,even better when they take my advice on board

Sophie

Jane G
06-15-2011, 02:17 PM
Marla
That's such a sweet little tale thanks for sharing.

boardpuppy
06-15-2011, 02:32 PM
I've never had the oppertunity to offer an opinion into mixed GG discussions on clothes as you but the SO does take my input when buying most but not all of her clothes. I do take her opinion on clothers and weather though.