PDA

View Full Version : Compliment on my legs

APRIL0401
06-14-2011, 06:43 PM
I'm a letter carrier and today I was working overtime on a different route.
I was waiting to cross this busy street and noticed this tall black lady walking on the sidewalk toward me. I wasn't really paying attention to her and starting crossing the street. She says "Wow your job really tones your legs." (My legs or my best feature, they are shaven and tan.) I looked back at her and realized from her voice that she wasn't a woman. She was either a CD or transgendered. She was wearing a simple tee shirt and jeans. She was very passable. I replied that 35 years on the job will do that for you. I should of replied, "You should see them with strappy heels and a mini skirt."

Cynthia Anne
06-14-2011, 11:16 PM
That's cute! I use to get compliments on my legs, but that's another story! Perhaps you can do that route again! Could become a nice friendship! Hugs!

AllieSF
06-14-2011, 11:25 PM
Those unexpected compliments sure make the day for us. Congratulations and maybe next time you will remember to respond with what you wanted to say this time. Thanks for sharing.

joanna4
06-15-2011, 01:36 AM
that's really nice coming from another transgendered or CD

Eryn
06-15-2011, 02:02 AM
That was a nice interaction, and perhaps your response was perfect for the situation.

Sophie86
06-15-2011, 08:16 AM
She says "Wow your job really tones your legs." (My legs or my best feature, they are shaven and tan.)

Are they shaved? Maybe she noticed that, and thought she could get a conversation going that would lead to you saying, "You should see them with strappy heels and a mini skirt." :)

Pythos
06-15-2011, 09:47 AM
I do like to get such compliments. I would imagine being a mail carrier would tone your legs quite well.