PDA

View Full Version : I'm scared of my wig

Jay Cee
06-15-2011, 06:16 AM
I admit that sounds weird. While I wear femme night clothes, and underdress to some extent, I can't seem to get around to going that extra step lately. I think it may be because I am discovering that I am more TS than TG, but I'm not sure.

I won't be ostracized at home for wearing a wig. My SO fully supports my being whoever I am. So that's not the issue.

Anyone else have this problem?

linda allen
06-15-2011, 06:26 AM
I admit that sounds weird. While I wear femme night clothes, and underdress to some extent, I can't seem to get around to going that extra step lately. I think it may be because I am discovering that I am more TS than TG, but I'm not sure.

I won't be ostracized at home for wearing a wig. My SO fully supports my being whoever I am. So that's not the issue.

Anyone else have this problem?

I don't get to dress around my wife and can't let her find hairs, etc. But, if you dress, it seems pointless not to have the hair if you can. For most women, it's a big part of being a woman.

hera_cd
06-15-2011, 06:34 AM
Jay Cee, I've been for a year and a half I've been living as a woman to 99% of the time ... so I understand you perfectly, because I also go with a wig, even I started to grow my hair to somewhat forget the wigs at least around the house. Y como bien dice Linda:

For most women, it's a big part of being a woman.

juno
06-15-2011, 06:42 AM
It seems that your fear is really about finding out how far toward feminine your true self is. You will never know the answer until you try it. Avoiding learning the truth about yourself is counterproductive. You will eventually get there, but you are adding stress to the process of discovery.

No matter how much TS you are, it will be fun. For me, putting on a wig the first time was an amazing experience. That is when I realized that I could actually look feminine. It was a "butterflies in the stomach" moment. It is valid to fear an episode of Pink Fog, so it might be a good idea to start wearing a wig when you know you have some spare time available.

Also, this reminds me of Donald Trump skits on the Letterman show. Be sure that you don't get a wig that barks.

BLUE ORCHID
06-15-2011, 07:10 AM
Hi Jay Cee, To me dressing is not complete without one of my many wigs
My wigs are my Crowing Glory!!

Orchid

alyssaenglefield
06-15-2011, 07:21 AM
Also, this reminds me of Donald Trump skits on the Letterman show. Be sure that you don't get a wig that barks.

That reminds me of the many times I've gone to tell the cat to get down off there before realizing it was my wig.

Pythos
06-15-2011, 11:36 AM
Personally I do not see long hair or certain styles as inherently feminine. But I can understand the "fear" of seeing how much you change when you put on an article, be it a wig, or even a an outfit. It is merely because you have been brought up your whole life looking one, or a couple of other ways, so seeing yourself looking almost entirely different can be a shock. I know the first time I saw myself in a long blond wig for Rocky Horror, I was shocked, and immediately liked what I saw, I had no feeling of being more of a "woman" but just being more my liking.. Over time this trepidation should wear off.

carhill2mn
06-15-2011, 02:15 PM
I do not really understand your statement. Are you afraid of how you will look when wearing it?

Jay Cee
06-15-2011, 03:59 PM
I do not really understand your statement. Are you afraid of how you will look when wearing it?

More like what it represents, I guess. I don't look too bad wearing it (with makeup, of course :) )

Karren H
06-15-2011, 04:38 PM
I've had some scary looking wigs but have never been scared to wear them...

Tammy V
06-15-2011, 05:05 PM
Nothing to be scared of, wigs can be a little hard to manage but ts friend have told me how liberating it is not to ahve to wear a wig anymore. But then again they grew their own hair out and or have it styled fem. Is that a possibility for you?

sandra-leigh
06-15-2011, 05:16 PM
I stopped wearing wigs over 2 years ago, even when I go out in a dress or skirt. They were getting to be too much of a nuisance, always slipping, and so hot, and getting mis-shaped...

On the other hand, I do have hair down to 5 or 6 inches below my shoulders now, which is about the same length as the longest standard wigs around. My natural hair is very thin, unfortunately (I said thin, not sparse!) so styling it is not easy. OTOH, my mother's hair is even thinner.

Fab Karen
06-15-2011, 06:28 PM
"More like what it represents, I guess. I don't look too bad wearing it"

What does it represent?

That reminds me of the many times I've gone to tell the cat to get down off there before realizing it was my wig.

Time to see an eye doctor.

Badtranny
06-15-2011, 06:57 PM
Hmmmm, being a TS has very little to do with wigs and clothes. Perhaps you're just scared of how much you love cross dressing?

I think the one common denominator among TS women is a desire to be treated like a woman without all of the crossdressing effort.

Loni
06-15-2011, 07:05 PM
other than it gets very hot under a wig, i have never been scared to put one on. now if only i could grow my own hair again. it is so thin and not really growing in places any more, so kept very short.
maybe i should try and let it grow and see if just maybe?

docrobbysherry
06-15-2011, 07:22 PM
I've this REALLY OLD, blond wig!

But, I REALLY like it! So, I wear it A LOT! And did, for years and years!:D

After wearing it, I'd usually just throw it on the floor after every CD session. Along with most everything else I wore! ( I clean up the next morning!) :straightface: No matter what I do to it, it brushes out quickly and easily!:)

One nite, while getting up to go pee, the dam thing JUMPED UP AT ME!:eek:

Next day, I threw it in a bucket of suds and let it soak all day! And, THAT DID IT!:thumbsup: It hasn't moved since!:brolleyes:

sandra-leigh
06-15-2011, 08:21 PM
I think the one common denominator among TS women is a desire to be treated like a woman without all of the crossdressing effort.

So that explains me! :daydreaming:

Phylis Nicole Schuyler
06-16-2011, 10:46 PM
Reminds me of when I was golfing with my ex-father-in-law. He was bald on top and wore this hidious rug. While we were golfing, the wind picked up and blew it off his head. I chased with my 9 iron and commenced beating the s*#t out of it. I walked back with the club extended outward with what was left of the rug on the club head. I came back proud of myself and said to everyone, "I killed it!" Maybe thats one of the reasons he's my ex-father-in-law. I dun't knoooow!!!

thechic
06-17-2011, 05:26 AM
I too have stopped wearing a wig found it inconvenient especially when working got to hot,instead went to the hair salon and got my hear styled short.and omg it made me look so feminine.best thing i have done.