PDA

View Full Version : Best Chain REstaurants to Dine Solo Enfemme NJ/Pa Area

Sarasometimes
06-15-2011, 08:24 AM
I'm wondering what restaruants I should go to in early July when I have my 2 days enfemme? Thx

Sara Jessica
06-15-2011, 08:31 AM
While I couldn't give you any advice as to where to go in your specific area, I will say that if you are dining solo, be sure to take a magazine, book or even your smart phone to keep you busy while awaiting your food.

Daphne Renee
06-15-2011, 08:35 AM
I am not real familar with that are so the only advice I can give you would be chain restaurants in general.
You shouldnt have too many problems with these types of restaurants. Are you wanting fast food , casual dining , upscale/fine dining? If you are wanting a casual type of restaurant I would say maybe something like Applebees ,Fridays or Chili's. Fine dining is much more difficult to say.. The only chain type I can think of in that category would be Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.

Wendy_Marie
06-15-2011, 09:24 AM
Sara,
Here in little Old Springfield Missouri I have been surprised twice to run across CD's in Olive Garden..both times I was endrab myself, but that may soon change.

Paula_56
06-15-2011, 10:14 AM
I have dined in Cheesecake Factories in the phily area and have always been treated great!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jannis
06-15-2011, 11:50 AM
Outback Steak house. Always treated well there. I've been in this restaurant in various parts of the US and always respected.

Lorileah
06-15-2011, 12:13 PM
As many have stated, the national chains should be less likely to cause a problem. In larger areas, if you really want to feel safe, you can always go to LGBT friendly restaurants that can be found on sites like Gay.com or Gaycities.com. Just a quick search of restaurants here in Denver listed over 25.

In general most places will welcome you as long as you are creating a scene. Know that most patrons have their own agenda and long as you conduct yourself is a proper manner, no one really cares. If you are really concerned you can always ask for a secluded table.

The only chain I can remember who has an anti-LGBT stance is Cracker Barrel.

Eryn
06-15-2011, 01:48 PM
I think you meant "not creating a scene," right? :)

NathalieX66
06-15-2011, 09:16 PM
Sara,
Last Halloween, us group of Tri-Ess girls went to Applebees's in Flemington, NJ. ....must have been about 10 of us. Some of the girls there were joking with the waitress saying that we haven't even got into our halloween costumes yet.....which.was true. We also convinced her that we dress like this all the time....which is also kind of true. Laughs ensued, including the waitress, but I don't thk she really got the depth of us. We Tri-Ess girls are also known celebrities at an all-night diner that's often full of military personnel, and race car drivers since it's near a race track and a military base.
I've been to Ruby Tuesdays and Chilis, and in northern NJ....all good experiences.
I've been to Starbucks many times.

donnatracey
06-15-2011, 09:25 PM

I hope so.....*picturing Lorileah creating a scene*........................:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Sarasometimes
06-15-2011, 10:18 PM
Thanks for all the great info. I may try a Cheesecake Factory...

Sarasometimes
06-16-2011, 06:58 AM
To those who made suggestion and others who will, could you share what you know about the Ladies rooms? Single stall....Thanks so much, Sara

kristinacd55
06-16-2011, 07:15 AM
Raven in New Hope is very TG friendly Sara....... :)

Lorileah
06-16-2011, 12:57 PM

consciously yes that is what I meant, subconsciously...um probably not :)

Wendy_Marie
06-16-2011, 04:25 PM
The only chain I can remember who has an anti-LGBT stance is Cracker Barrel.

I Did Not know This About Cracker Barrell...thats too bad cause I love their Battered Shrimp and Potato Soup.....
If they are Anti...then they lost me as a customer.

Lorileah
06-16-2011, 05:04 PM
I Did Not know This About Cracker Barrell...thats too bad cause I love their Battered Shrimp and Potato Soup.....
If they are Anti...then they lost me as a customer.

for many years they would fire anyone who was in the LGBT community and made it well known that they would not tolerate anyone who was LGBT. They "relented" a few years back and publicly stated they would not allow anti-gay practices in their restaurants, but they are still on the list of worst companies when it comes to LGBT

skirtsuit
06-16-2011, 08:00 PM
I don't know from chains, but you should be comfortable anywhere in center city Philadelphia. The gaybourhood is around 12th and Pine, but my experience in Philly is that you will be treated just like everybody else, guy-in-a-dress or not. I have been to 2 cafes en femme in Philly recently and nobody seemed to notice. On Tuesday I was at a coffee shop in West Philly near Clark Park and I'm pretty sure the person behind the counter was a transitioning FTM, so there's lots of lots everywhere.

Best,
SS

sissystephanie
06-16-2011, 08:30 PM
I don't know about where some of you live, but I eat at a Cracker Barrel near where I live several times a month! I am always dressed totally enfemme, but no wig and not makeup! In other words, a guy in feminine clothing!! I get treated like everyone else, and always get good service. Have never had any problems!!

To answer the main question, if you go into the restaurant looking to for trouble you probably will find it! But if you do as I do, which is to walk in as though I own the place, you will get treated properly!! Not that means that you don't walk into a nice restaurant looking like "Flaming" Drag Queen! That would really be stupid!! But if you just dress like most women do, most people will not even look twice!! I go out to eat at least once almost every day, and I am almost always dressed enfemme but male looking! Nobody ever pays any attention to me, except the waiter or waitress!! People really don't care!!

One other point, you don't always have to go to chain restaurants. In todays economy, every business wants your money. Unless you are making a scene, any restaurant is going to serve you so they can make money!!