PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Costume shop

Jodie_Lynn
10-04-2005, 07:28 PM
I was in a seasonal shop this past weekend, and saw many items that I could use, wigs make up, costumes, etc, and was wondering if any of you ladies had any experience with buying supplies from these types of shops.

They had some adorable costumes (there were some very pretty 'french maid' outfits, and the cutest white ruffled panties! ), but I couldn't really shop, since my daughter was with me.

In fact, the reason we went in was to get her some face paints (brown and green- she wants to go as a commando), to go with her camoflage outfit.

I know that with some things (wigs) price shouldn't be an objection, but I am trying to save a few pennies where I can.

Nlenro-nu
10-04-2005, 08:01 PM
I do use Halloween Costume Shops to get things that things are special to me.. You might try www.cosmicoutfitters.com if you're really low on income.
Go to Menu Page and click on Adult Novelties. I buy stuff
from them. They do support crossdressers. They don't over
charge for things either. They do have interesting costumes too. Also try Thrift Stores... you can always say
you're shopping for a friend or cousin... if you don't want people to know you're a cross dresser. I love wearing dresses, skirts, panties even bras. I once went to the beach in a swimsuit. Only a few new I was a crossdresser
until it rained. Which washed away my makeup. So be sure to use waterproof makeup. I don't dress up to attract
males. I dress up to feel comfortable. I didn't start crossdressing until someone dared me to. He didn't think I'd do it. He wanted to prove me to be a coward. Now instead of calling me chicken, or coward he calls me gay, or
queer. It use to bother me but I simply ignore that. Insulters are just some thorns. Life is beautiful like a Rose
just be careful around the thorns. Don't let thorns control you! If crossdressing feels right for you, then it must be right!

Jodie_Lynn
10-04-2005, 08:23 PM
TY Nienro-Nu, and welcome to the site.

I know about thrift shops. A couple of weeks ago, I was able to pick up some nice things there. Luckily I have a good 'poker face', so people think I'm shopping for the wife.
:D

Rainbow6562005
10-04-2005, 11:43 PM
Hi:)

Welcome to Funland!

I'm sorry that you encountered a creep like that fellow; one of those bullies that will criticize you no matter what you do. I also like your take on such people, "thorns."

Rainbow

Wenda
10-05-2005, 01:15 AM
Halloween is a god-send for dressers. You can go pretty well anywhere to shop for almost anything and pass it off as a costume. Mostly, the barriers are in our own minds, however. I have tried on and purchased shoes, skirts, bras, etc from places like Sears and Walmart without much notice. To keep budgets in line however, thrift stores are a great source, and I have found the staff in most to be very obliging. I have a favourite glittery gold, net thingy that I picked up about a year ago during Halloween season. Shop on! wenda

PinkDressLover
10-05-2005, 04:36 PM
yeah, i've used halloween as an excuse many times, some of my first outtings were at halloween, french maid outfit one year was very rewarding, but most of the stuff I have now I either bought, or had someone else buy.

Jadeanne
10-05-2005, 10:09 PM
Jodie-Lynn,

I buy lots of clothes from thrift stores, and I have a huge advantage - my loving, supporting, similar dress size wife shops with me and does an excellent job of estimating fit. I also buy from various catalogs and websites.

I do have one long black straight wig that I occasionally still wear that was a $2 Halloween special. My other wigs came from a year round costume shop, online or phone orders from websites/catalogs from Blair, Paula Young, TWC (The Wig Company). I receive lots of catalogs adressed to my male name, but it's my house, and my wife doesn't object, and I'm not worried about our cats telling anyone :) .

Jadeanne

Billijo49504
10-06-2005, 02:07 AM
A lot of the stuff you buy at costume shops are only made to be worn once or twice. Follow others advice, go to the thrift stores, Good Will store, Wallmart, Kmart or Target. Or if money isn't that big of a thing, shop some of the better store at the mall. They will go along with you excuse of it's only for halloween. <G> Actually, they don't really care, they want to make sales. Some of the sales people get paid a commision on the sales they make. So tell them it's for a party, then wink. But be sure to have fun, and happy shopping. Hugs BJ

Gunda
10-06-2005, 02:48 AM
Hi,
Thrift stores are definately the way to go. More than once I've bought clothes in the $5-$10 range there that were anywhere from $150-$250 when they retailed.

Best,
Gunda

GypsyKaren
10-06-2005, 04:32 AM
I went shopping the other day at a Salvation Army thrift store. I got 4 skirts, 3 sweaters, 3 blouses, and 2 sets of jammies for $38. All of it is new or like new and some are name brand such as a L.L. Bean sweater. The nice thing about these stores, besides the great prices, is that they have a huge selection to pick from. Give them a try and you won't go back to shopping retail.

GypsyKaren

Mistress Frillee
10-06-2005, 08:54 AM
Last year I when to Army & navy. I told the girl there that I needed a halloween custome. She told me she just sold a dress to a dude that morning fo rthe same reason. So she took me to the womens wear & grabbed some dresses that matched my eyes...... had me try them on in front of everyone...... she even called over her manager, but he just kept on walking...lol..she said he is one of those "manly" men, so she wanted to get a reaction out of him........

when i tried on this sheer dress, she told me I would have to wear panties under ..... little did she know I was already wearing them!!!

It was so much fun!