PDA

View Full Version : Good-bye clip-ons!

Missy Anne
10-04-2005, 08:22 PM
Well girls, I finally did it!

After aggravating over it for more than a year, I got my ears pierced. I can't wait for the healing period to be over so I can finally wear some of those nice, dangly earrings that I have been hot for, for a long time.

I had previously modified some clip-ons to accept a few danglies, but they never really looked or felt right. I was unaware that my wife had already decided that she was okay with me getting pierced ears when I was sitting at the computer, dressed in one of my favorite outfits and my modified clip-on fell onto the desk. I was really agitated since it was about the fifth time that day that the earring fell off. I gave an exasperated look to my wife, just as she turned to me and said "Go for it!" I couldn't believe what I was hearing, but boy, I wasn't going to question it! It's a new dawn!

I know some of you who have had pierced ears for a long time are probably saying, why did I wait so long, and I don't know what the answer is myself except that I didn't think it would go well with some of our clients. After realizing that no one can see that little hole anyway, it just became a matter of getting through the healing period, and we have taken care of that by doing one ear at a time and covering it with a bandage, as though I had gotten cut.

For those of you who are contemplating having this done, I recommend having someone you trust do it for you. I tried going to a store and got an unbalanced look, so upon arriving home, had to remove the offending post and let it heal up. Then we bought a piercing gun, practiced a little bit, and my wife created a perfectly placed hole just where we wanted it. It has been less troublesome than the other one which was professionally done.

I believe that the one shot ear piercing kits commonly used, though reliably sterile, are difficult to control, and the cost of a professional gun isn't much more than the price of a skirt and blouse on sale. Anyway, that worked best for us.

Thanks for sharing in my joy.

Missy Anne

Fallen Angel
10-04-2005, 08:26 PM
Thats great ive had mine both done for a very long time and its one of the better things i did for my self. enjoy your peircing ! !

Sarahgurl371
10-04-2005, 09:03 PM
I've seriously been considering doing my other ear. Have had my left done since early teens. That was acceptable then. Seems like nowadays all kinds of people have all kinds of piercings, so a guy with both ears pierced is fairly plain. I agree that clipons are horrible, they really ache. Plus i love the way a dangly earing feels in my one peirced ear.