PDA

View Full Version : What did she just say??

RylieCD
06-16-2011, 03:10 PM
My wife and I were talking last night over dinner, just general talking, i think the subject was thank you cards and that we didnt like recieveing them as the thank you is implied. But I made a rude (jokingly) comment, say that why just they say thank you by returning a like gift card, yea monitary value, Yes Fully Joking. But her reply was "thats a rude guy way of thinking, for someone who has a part womans brain." :eek:What was that:eek:, "you know what I mean".

That was a weird comment from my wife who doesnt support my fem side.

Stephanie Miller
06-16-2011, 04:08 PM
You know, I get comments like that once in a while. And the only thing I can put my finger on is that the wife is trying to "show" me that, (in her mind at least), how much I am really still a male and not a female. Kind of an in your face kind of thing. As if showing me how much I think like a guy might make me give up being a CD. :facepalm:
Well, the female me isn't going away........ so I guess neither are the comments. :strugglin

Wendy_Marie
06-16-2011, 04:16 PM
Thats known as a Freudian Slip...When your brain isn't in logical thought mode and you say something without thinking too much about it. Many Psychologist use this technique to help them discover subconcious thought.
Its similiar to the words association...

Cynthia Anne
06-16-2011, 04:32 PM
I think she just said you have a part of a womens brain! So she must know that c-deing is something you can't give up! Sounds like she should start excepting you for who you are!

GMCD
06-16-2011, 07:20 PM
It's not what she said, but HOW she said it that matters. Context and tone matter.