PDA

View Full Version : sorry wrong pronoun

5150 Girl
06-16-2011, 05:32 PM
So I was all dolled up today, when I realissed I had buisness up to the University today (OUZ) and the lady in student services,,, as she was talking with me about what I needed to do and speaking with others in the department about what needed done, She kept waffling back and forth somtimes refering to me as "she", and somtimes calling me "he".
she later apologised for indecivieness, saying "When I look at the name on the papers, and then look at you, it's kind of confusing"
I said "Hey, it's no big deal really, that's quite understandable"
She then went on to tell me that she (and some other staffers) will be attending a diversity seminar, and how they were going to be put up in a really cool hotel for the duration.
I wanted to talk more about it, and say somthing like when one is part-time like I am, a bit of confusuin is just part and parcle to the game, but it was at that point someone else walked in needing assistance, so I moved on. And as they walked up, there was somene else walking in the door.

Cynthia Anne
06-16-2011, 06:07 PM
I hope you get another chance to talk to her! By the way I think she sounds better then he! Hugs!

Michelle James
06-16-2011, 07:42 PM
That happens to me a lot. As I am mostly full time now you would think it would stop. As an example I was at Avenue (where they know both of me) looking for a particular top to go with a particular skirt. I didn't have any luck with that but of course found a few things I didn't need but they were on sale. When I went to pay I handed over my Avenue card and the same type of interaction took place. First I'm she, then he. Etc. So there were a couple of other customers fairly close by and two other SA's. The SA was a little embarrassed by her continued faux pas. To lighten the situation I said "well if I wasn't gender confused before I came in here I sure am now. Broke up the room!! I left amid robust laughter. LOL