PDA

View Full Version : Famous trans that i have met online

RobertaM
06-16-2011, 05:53 PM
As im a full out working career woman now i have been with passion finding other trans women that are successful. Some of these are military as im an ex canadian army officer.

Some of the cool people i have chatted with:

Lynette Nushbacher is a post op working at sandhurst , she has done documentaries with the BBC, has helped me with my dad.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynette_Nusbacher

Alya Holdem,, helicopter pilot who fly with the prince william, and such babe, i chatted with her regarding her day at the wedding which she attended as a girl. wow such a sweetee.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/royals/2944339/RAF-chopper-pilot-is-undergoing-a-sex-change.html

more later as i have time to add some,, hugs Roberta

Katesback
06-16-2011, 06:39 PM
Ok so your entitiled to your goals and aspirations but I can tell you that a large number of women that have gone through transition have NO I repeat NO desire for people to detect them, track them down, remind them of their past, ect... I am sorry but when your a woman you are a woman. Nothing more and nothing less. I assure you I myself do NOT look for trans people. I could care less if they are trans or not.

Katie

Zenith
06-16-2011, 07:28 PM
God I hate to agree with Kate here...but there really isn't a sisterhood. A lot of these alpha/famous trans won't want a thing to do with you (in a general sense) or trans issues at some point (usually after their transition is complete). I've seen it time and time again. A very few keep involved out of kindness to others, and some make a career out of it...but most disappear to all but their friends IRL...

Sara Jessica
06-16-2011, 09:29 PM
Kate, sometimes I have to wonder why you are even in these pages, given you are so above the trans thing.

While what you say may be true of many, you're completely missing a key point...

Lynette Nushbacher is a post op working at sandhurst , she has done documentaries with the BBC, has helped me with my dad.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynette_Nusbacher

Granted, the second example may have been a bit more fluffy of a contact but if people are willing to be available to communicate, and heaven forbid actually help someone who may be traveling a similar path, why shouldn't they? Not everything needs to be a lecture on the virtues of stealth.

Hope
06-17-2011, 01:14 AM
I assure you I myself do NOT look for trans people. I could care less if they are trans or not.

Which we all know is a lie, as you regularly come here to abuse everyone of us.

Do us a favor - if you don't want to have anything to do with trans people - go away. We will find a way to muddle through without you.

God I hate to agree with Kate here...but there really isn't a sisterhood. A lot of these alpha/famous trans won't want a thing to do with you (in a general sense) or trans issues at some point (usually after their transition is complete). I've seen it time and time again. A very few keep involved out of kindness to others, and some make a career out of it...but most disappear to all but their friends IRL...

I have to disagree about the sisterhood part. Sore - LOTS of girls disappear and go deep stealth, which is disappointing, but we can all understand their motivations... Folks pop into our lives and disappear from our lives all the time, trans or cis. That doesn't mean that they aren't real friends, or that there isn't a sisterhood of transgirls - only that it is, like all groups we belong to - transient.

I am sure you are contemplating disappearing - that doesn't mean you aren't still a sister... and it doesn't mean that the sisterhood won't continue after you go, if you choose to.

thechic
06-17-2011, 04:41 AM
Your find that most transsexuals just want to be excepted and live the life of a woman and not be labelled transsexuals TG or any other label that is around, they just wont to merge into the life of being what they should of been born.I would like that but it can only happen if i vanish.In saying that some don't mind being in the public spotlight.

noeleena
06-17-2011, 05:23 AM
Hi,

As I was reading these posts & similer has come up on an other forum im on . im really in the middle in this i look at both sides, because im nether one or the other.
& im in the public eye & theres no hiding my face people know . as to liveing in a way that people dont know me well it wont happen.
My story line is what's it like living as a transfemale for the sake of trying to explain my self . who is a woman in her own right, yet has that male background.

Some of us can stand in front of `1000's & be seen for who we are . when you join groups of large numbers of people & your accepted on who you are , not on looks or some times not even your background yet can talk about your self & when people are interested then that to me is how we show others we can be a part of socity & communitys like every one else who wont's to ,

I work in with other groups so that does say something. & we are very public in what we do.

...noeleena...

RobertaM
06-17-2011, 10:56 AM
Well interesting thread so far;

You obviously dont understand my modivations.

I am a career women, and i am a out and about trans, and will always be. So to be success one must network, one must find role models and learn and feed of each other. I am professional and pleasent to deal with. whats the harm. I seek out professionals and engage them. I seek some solice that others have been successful and i want to as well. so whats the harm. If they dont want to talk to me, i bow out politely.

Granted, the second example may have been a bit more fluffy of a contact but if people are willing to be available to communicate,

i obviously did not explain my relationship to her enough,, i was an airforce brat all my life, and was a army infantry officer. So this girl is in a active british airforce squandron and trainsitoning, wow tough. Much respect from me. i hooked up with her via a facebook group of current and ex military trans. i have chatted with her many time, we are good friends.

How bout i post some others that i have seeked out to network with.

Carol ptat is a leading female in the supply chain planning world, i am a associate of hers, and she publically gave me cudos during a 300 person professional development meeting. It was one of my first professional networking events as a girl. OMG i am seeking career women who have written books!
http://www.beyondmrp.com/carol-ptak-and-demand-driven-mrp/

so whats the dif,, just becuase i filter my professional network down to some trans. I wanted to share that some success stories do exist. Im proud of all our sisters, stealth or not.

By the way im not stealth.

Roberta McPhail CPIM, CIRM, CSCP
Director of Global Supply Chain Planning
Tree Island Industries LTD
PO box 50
New Westminster BC. Canada
V3L 4Y1
rmcphail@treeisland.com
www.treeisland.com
main: 604-524-3744
direct: 604-523-4541
cell: 778-772-4676

Jorja
06-17-2011, 01:54 PM
Roberta,
I understand what you are saying and trying to do. I too am a business woman and have met quite a few TS women who have been fortunate enough to rise to the top of their field, own their own company or are very high up in the company. Let me say this doesn't happen by accident. They have worked very hard to get where they are. By the way, for those that have never been involved in networking it is not like you are standing around waving a flag that says "I Am TS". A friend of a friend that just happens to know you are TS introduces you to someone else that they know is TS. The two might not even know or guess it about the other until told. It is no different than going to a cosmetic convention or a doctors convention and being introduced to the owner of MAC Cosmetics or the best and brightest neurosurgeon in the world. You are right in saying one must network. If these women are there to meet and offer you some assistance or encouragment or if a friendship develops then great it can't hurt. Everyone needs that one contact or that one favor called in every now and then. You just keep working it girl. It will happen.

Now for the other side of the coin. Yes it is true that many post-op women do go stealth. That doesn't mean they have no compassion for others. It doesn't mean that they will not extend a hand and help another up the ladder of success. While some are still sitting on the couch wallowing in self pitty and can't get past the idea a TS in stealth would actually help another TS move up the ladder, you will be jet setting with the best of them. You Go Girl!

GypsyKaren
06-17-2011, 02:51 PM
You might find this (http://www.karenserenity.com/OldSerenity/main.htm) site helpful.

Karen Starlene :star:

Stephanie Miller
06-19-2011, 02:07 PM
Seems like Roberta sure got blast away for being someone that has the innocent intention of communicating with like minded people. Also seems to me that she just might have the intelligence to NOT communicate with those that do not have the desire to be detected. I really doubt that those that DON'T want to be detected have it in their Facebook profile (just an example) that they are TS, had SRS etc. Nor do I think Robert has put a private detective out there to find them.
Now, with that said, if people have it in their profiles, do blogs, speeches or in any other way let public know about themselves ( not someone else ratting them out) - then I would not think they would mind contact.
So what's the harm?

Avana
06-19-2011, 02:21 PM
Do you have permission from these women to share this information?

Sheren Kelly
06-19-2011, 03:18 PM
If you google: TS Success Stories, you get a link to:

http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/conway/TSsuccesses/TSgallery1.html

That may be of help.

celeste26
06-19-2011, 04:00 PM
The closest I came to this was meeting Virginia Prince. Who is not TS but is well known.

Zenith
06-19-2011, 04:44 PM
The odd thing is so many of those links are old or dead...It's just life that people want to move past this...

Kaz
06-19-2011, 05:45 PM
Hi Roberta,

Just ignore the negative people, and stay true! I accept and agree with all you've said...

I have a colleague who has decided to come out and live in transtition... he/she is awesome, and a beacon.

JodieGreen
06-19-2011, 06:00 PM
:P Bailey (jay) Granger is on my steam friends list.

lol we've played l4d2 together with a few other "gals"

pew pew pew

i'd guess thats about the most famous person i know period, well besides my dad... but thats SSSshhh!

Zenith
06-19-2011, 07:19 PM
...Just ignore the negative people, and stay true! I accept and agree with all you've said...

Not negativity...reality...I used to be one of the most positive people here but I have seen a lot...I've offered my hand a lot of times only to have it pushed away...

Katesback
06-19-2011, 09:17 PM
As was said in Avatar. You cannot help one whos glass if already full. The fact is that Pre-op girls tend to ignore the wisdom of those that have come before them. Unless it is something they agree with. That is why so many people that make it through transition leave the community. They get tired.

Not negativity...reality...I used to be one of the most positive people here but I have seen a lot...I've offered my hand a lot of times only to have it pushed away...