PDA

View Full Version : Toe & Finger Nail party!

Natalie Wood
06-16-2011, 06:12 PM
Last night I took my 6 year old daughter shopping for sandals and fingernail polish. We were going to have a fun night of painting our fingernails & toenails along with my wife and our 3 year old daughter. So my 6 yr old got about 5 different colors, all with glitter of course. I got a hot pink and a glittery red one. When we went to pay the girl behind the counter commented that she doesn't see too many Dads take their daughters to buy fingernail polish. I proudly told her that we were having a nail painting party when we got home. She didn't say anything...lol.

The real fun started when we got home. The four of us sat in the kitchen, talked and painted our nails. Oh but first we had ice cream cones. Fun fun. Even our 3 yr old gobbed the polish on her own nails. We had a good time. Now how many families can say that? Ha ha

I love being me. I love being a good husband and Daddy. I like the fact that although my daughters do not know the whole truth yet (due to age), they see me as I am, accepting, girly at times, and I can have fun with them with feminine things. I feel that will teach them tolerance and they too will be more accepting of others as they grow older.

Amber_Lynn
06-16-2011, 07:00 PM
That's awesome! Your bonding with your kids while also teaching them some positive life lessons about accepting others and that it's OK to be different. Sounds like it was a great time!

Miranda09
06-16-2011, 07:10 PM
No that is awesome, and what a nice way to bond with your daughters. :)

Cynthia Anne
06-16-2011, 07:50 PM
Wow! What fun! It's great to know that there are dads that still spend quality time with there familys! KEEP on loving your family and I'll keep on loving you! Hugs!

Debglam
06-16-2011, 08:24 PM
I love being me. I love being a good husband and Daddy. I like the fact that although my daughters do not know the whole truth yet (due to age), they see me as I am, accepting, girly at times, and I can have fun with them with feminine things. I feel that will teach them tolerance and they too will be more accepting of others as they grow older.

You can't ask for much more than that! Very nice!

KarenCDFL
06-17-2011, 11:19 AM
What a cool thing to be able to share with your child!

Wendy_Marie
06-17-2011, 11:55 AM
Fun for the kiddos and Theraputic for you....What a great time.

Natalie Wood
06-18-2011, 12:28 AM
Fun for the kiddos and Theraputic for you....What a great time.

Yeah, gotta love that! It was a fun time.

Thanks for the supportive comments gurls.