PDA

View Full Version : Do most TS get to this point?

Nicole Erin
06-17-2011, 12:24 PM
Well, it is not something I even think much about outside this forum.

Like this - I don't sit around and think or worry about all the drama, nothing about being Ts excites me, and I am pretty much where I am bored with it. All of my "firsts" are spent. I don't get excited about being called by my new name, or ma'am, or she...

I am not like some wonderfully passable TS, at a glance or a distance yes but not under scrutiny. I would go out and get surgeries etc if I had the cash but I don't. I do not obsess over things I cannot have at any given point.

Thing is, I see people on here all the time worried about what so and so will think, or about coming out at work, friends, whatever...

So yes for me - there IS a chance of being discriminated for work or whatever, but I tend to not worry about it. Something tells me I should worry but I just don't. It is like "yeah whatever". I mean like if I have to work as a guy, so be it. Sitting at home looking pretty is not getting me anywhere.

So how come some TS, even on here who are post-op or whatever are still all excited about this TS life? Do some ever get past the "pink fog" of it all? I mean when does it get to where a TS normally just wants to once again concentrate of living life instead of obsessing about being TS? I know for me, my concerns lately are - finding work, getting my own place, and MAYBE finding a partner (but that comes later when my OWN life is straightened out)

Sure I exist full time as a woman, but I cannot call it "living".

Schatten Lupus
06-17-2011, 12:34 PM
Different people, different mental functioning. You can look at anything really and some people the excitement lasts longer, and some people it goes quickly but the happiness is found in other areas. Think of relationships especially. Some people are hard wired to only be happy during the initial newness of it, and once that dies down they just have no more interest in the relationship. But for some the newness dies, and the excitement comes from other areas, such as a deeper and more intimate relationship.

Frances
06-17-2011, 01:12 PM
Yes. Total boring normalcy. I think about my bills, a better job, car repairs and what's for dinner. Sometimes I look at all my TS books and wonder why I bought them. It's not that I did not read them. They were tremendously helpfull then, but now it's... who cares? Being TS, however, was NEVER exciting. It was tormenting me, and it isn't anymore. That's all.

GypsyKaren
06-17-2011, 03:02 PM
It's not like there's supposed to be a marching band following you around all the time, life is all about living, and living is all about the routine of getting by. Today, Sharon and I celebrated our womanhood by shoveling 3400 pounds of gravel onto my folk's driveway, later events today will include cooking dinner and the always exciting washing of the dishes. Excited about any part of TS life? Nope, excitement for me is getting "Final Jeopardy".

Karen Starlene :star:

kellycan27
06-17-2011, 03:07 PM
It's not about being a ts for me, it's about being a woman. I love it! I love every aspect of it. It's what I was meant to be. I don't find it boring or mundane in the least. I am happier at work, happier at home, and happier socially. The world ( to me) is a lot more fun and exciting now. Sure there are those routine moments, but i wouldn't change my life for the world right now. The way I see it is that my "real" life has just begun.. like starting over from scratch.
Kel

Faith_G
06-17-2011, 03:24 PM
I love my life and I love being female, but I'm used to it now. I don't obsess about transition anymore - that's the whole point of transitioning, to get from point "B" to point "G". Once one has arrived at one's destination, there's no longer a need to be concerned with the journey. :)

Rianna Humble
06-17-2011, 03:39 PM
I think that many of us - at whatever stage we have reached in our transition - probably do not feel excited about being trans, we are who we are.

I'm not saying that I won't be excited when my next incremental step comes along, but that is not my every day life. Unlike some, I do continue to be active in the support of equal rights (looking back it may even appear that when HE was doing it he was acting out of enlightened self-interest but I do not believe that that was the case).

I have nothing against the people who are barely contemplating the beginning of their transition and who express concerns. Why should they not come here for support? Where else should they look than to their more experienced brothers and sisters?

If you need to find wortk, that will naturally be a major component of your life - been there, done that, made and printed the teeshirt. Being out of work is no fun.
I hope you find a job soon so that you can concentrate on living your life.

Kaitlyn Michele
06-17-2011, 03:41 PM
Yes. Total boring normalcy. I think about my bills, a better job, car repairs and what's for dinner. Sometimes I look at all my TS books and wonder why I bought them. It's not that I did not read them. They were tremendously helpfull then, but now it's... who cares? Being TS, however, was NEVER exciting. It was tormenting me, and it isn't anymore. That's all.

yep..

Transition is getting rid of something that tormented me in various ways until I simply had to do something about it...

I felt all those things you described...first time this and that...and i loved those moments..i learned from those moments...but transition has nothing to do with flowers, panties and pink fog, and i mean nothing.

for cisgendered people, i don't think they ever get excited about being the "right" gender...
they get excited about all the other things in life..like getting Final Jeopardy or falling of my chair watching Ned Stark get executed on Game of Thrones

Badtranny
06-17-2011, 04:08 PM
Hi Kel,

Have I told you lately you're still my inspiration?

...oh and aren't you a California girl now? You still have LV listed as your location.

Melody Moore
06-17-2011, 07:32 PM
I think life for you is just settling back down to normal. Just the other day I was talking to a
trans-girlfriend of mine & we were saying that nothing really exciting has been happening in our
lives & life has just been getting back to normal. Prior to transitioning dealing with our Gender
Identity Disorder is a big issue & occupies most of our mental thoughts & emotions because of
what we have to deal with & overcome, like the issue of coming out to family & friends etc.

Once you have transcended these issues then there is little else to deal with except for getting
on with living your life in your new gender role & identity. Prior to transitioning just trying to buy
clothing, make-up or whatever else was difficult & just to buy one little thing was a really big issue.
For me, all my life I wanted to be able to own all the typical girly things, which includes nice clothes,
jewellery, make-up because that is how I always wanted to look & express myself. I like to look nice
& enjoy shopping for nice clothes & things. But I don't believe that I suffer from 'pink fog' because this
is what women do - most women enjoy shopping like this. So I am not bored with anything now in my
life & I don't think I will ever be. If this was 'pink fog' then all women suffer it & I will be caught up in it
forever. But having said that, when I go shopping now it's not the big deal it use to be because I use to
feel very nervous about going out, but now I am use to it So I enjoy shopping a lot more now that I am
relaxed & can really take my time browsing around without feeling rushed or out-of-place in society.

One thing I know I am not obsessionable about transition anymore
because I have overcome my hurdles that made me very anxious.

I am no longer nervous about buying the things I like & I want to have in my life, it's my right as a
woman & also as a human to make the choices that I want to make me happy. And when we start
living our lives for ourselves as a transsexual then we start to feel freedom & happiness for the first
time ever. But I believe the problem is the new emotions we experienced & probably made us feel so
euphoric before are now just becoming part of the normal everyday way of life for us & are being lost.
So I believe that we should try & appreciate where we have come from & what we have come through
to get to where we are now. We must not ever take life forgranted if we are to get the most out of it.

One thing I know is that I don't want my life to ever become the boring & mundane existence like it was
before I transitioned. So while I already understand & accept my past & I do like to put it behind me, I
sometimes use it as well to just remind myself of where I have come from & what I have come through
to get to the happy place I am in now. I appreciate everything that is in my life now that wasn't part
of my life before. My greatest asset would have to be my new friends who accept me for who I am now.

Life for me is really great, so how has your day been? :heehee:

Avana
06-17-2011, 09:41 PM
i definitely get this feeling at times. i haven't even been transitioning a long time, but i went really quickly and started hormones, changed my name, and came out to everyone in the world all in the course of about 3-4 months. after all that drama things became boring. i took the opportunity to focus on myself as a person beyond my trans identity, and i worked on my relationship (of 2.5 years, which had been not going too smoothly late last year), worked on my social life (making more friends than ever in my life after coming out), and focusing a lot on work. Starting the HRT was a big adjustment for me because I was forced to adapt to the pace of nature and my own body, rather than the pace of my impulses and decision making.

erika130
06-19-2011, 06:30 AM
i feel this way sometimes too. I mean personally there are a lot of other things that i would like to or rather focus on instead of TS stuff. Relationships being one, as I have issues there, socializing more, and of course developing my career further. but the truth is im just starting on this path, barely making the first steps, so it's not really obsessing over it, maybe for full timers, but for me is really just concentrating on how to do all of it (transitioning) the best way possible. I still think developing your character/personality as a whole is important. in other words other aspects about besides just being a TS. I mean i guess if you look at women, they aren't happy or content just living as women. they have interests, relationships, careers, hobbies, etc to focus on.

Julia_in_Pa
06-19-2011, 07:47 AM
Oh yes, very very much.

Life just returns to normal.
The normal problems of everyday life.
You know you made it when this is now your daily life.

Julia

pamela_a
06-19-2011, 08:46 AM
I've not thought about anything TS or transition related since my name was changed and my gender marker corrected 1 1/2 years ago. Since then I've only focused on life and living it. With work, home, family, and life in general who has time to worry about anything else, well, except dating but that's difficult no matter what. Even my impending GCS next month I consider just a procedure to correct a birth defect. Boring and mundane? Life can be that sometimes but that's life. I will always love to shop and I will always try to look nice but that's an expression of who I am, there is no fog involved.

Since I've gotten past my transition issues and just started living my life I'm happier than I've ever been and I look forward to even better days ahead.

noeleena
06-19-2011, 09:14 AM
Hi.

Oh dear'e me , well what can i say that will tell you first off, im different so see things some what differently ,

......To live life to love life ,....... is what for me its all about,

I am blessed im thankfull for my time here , to be who i am ,im exited to be able to express my self in a way i could not for 50 odd years,

i have lots of friends i'v joined many groups & have such a neat time with them no dought boreing for some well thats a part of being different, i enjoy meeting people strangers new people . haveing fun with them & enjoying thier commany , i / we Jos & i , have our 3 grown up adults , & will be next week 9 grand kids. i love our kids & our grandkids.

Okay the mundan washing clothes meal's food shoping & every thing else we need to do we can enjoy that as well if we wont to.

Im a woman i love being here & doing things, hobbes if you like . so is there any thing wrong with that,

I accepted my self years ago, was happy then as i am now,

Heres a miner detail , im just most of the time happy tho i am more happy being my self, i dont claim being trans no matter what name is used. i thought i was normal at 10. & i still am now , tho others may think differently . & thats okay,
& i do express my self as to who i am , really being different is fun, & can be, if you wont it, or you can let life pass you by , im not letting it, each day is neat, each new day can be so much fun when you embrace it,

Im nuts, strange, & insane ,weird . different , yet you know what , i love it because i dont have to conform to any ones idears of what i should be, i take what i have & .....RUN.... with it,

...noeleena...

Traci Elizabeth
06-19-2011, 02:32 PM
It's not about being a ts for me, it's about being a woman. I love it! I love every aspect of it. It's what I was meant to be. I don't find it boring or mundane in the least. I am happier at work, happier at home, and happier socially. The world ( to me) is a lot more fun and exciting now. Sure there are those routine moments, but i wouldn't change my life for the world right now. The way I see it is that my "real" life has just begun.. like starting over from scratch.
Kel

I really have to agree with Kel on this one.

At one point in my past, I was transitioning publicly from a man into a woman. Now I am what I always was, a woman. Not a transsexual woman but a woman. My life is exciting even the routine things. Life is what you make it. You can spend your life happy for each day or miserable, complaining, and finding faults all around you. The choice is yours regardless of gender or life's circumstance.

So was my transition boring? No, it was a fantastic journey metamorphosing my exterior to match my interior. Now I am a woman inside and out....nothing dull about that!

It is my humble opinion that most if not all TS will come to a point that they no longer see them selves as TS but either a woman or a man as it applies to our brothers.

Sejd
06-19-2011, 09:45 PM
Without getting into a cat fight, I'll just say: I like what you write. We all have to move on, and it is important to know what you need to focus on. I also know TS friends who's whole life is around being TS!!!!! I think there is more to life also, and if you find your "grove" in your true gender (whatever it is) I think it is important to go on with your life and not sit and obsess about your T'ness all day. Great post Nicole :0)

AnnaCalliope
06-19-2011, 10:34 PM
I think Chaz Bono said it best:

“Everything in my life is just a lot easier now.”

Kelsy
06-20-2011, 04:21 AM
I've spent my life trying not to be noticed. I've always hidden mostly because
of my gender stuff. I don't find being transsexual especially exciting. It has always been something difficult to live with and expect to find more of that! My hope
is to find, at the end of my transition, some peace and normalcy of the kind some may describe as boring!