PDA

View Full Version : Discovered something strange...

Sophie86
06-17-2011, 06:25 PM
In the years long ago, when I was young, being alone in the house so that I could play at dress up was such an exciting thing to have happen.

Well, the family left this afternoon and won't be back until Sunday. I'm here by myself, I'm dressed up, and I'm bored to tears. :sad:

*Sigh* (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-ifr4csoOY&feature=related)

:p

Gocaps14
06-17-2011, 06:32 PM
Don't tell me that!!! I am eagerly anticipating Monday, when my family leaves for 3 weeks!!

Danni Renee
06-17-2011, 06:35 PM
Yep, sounds like my every weekend.... I cannot wait to leave here so I can at least travel on weekends!

sallyissuper
06-17-2011, 06:37 PM
Get in your car and drive to a fast food drive thru that you have never been to and order something to eat! That should put a little excitment in your night.

Debglam
06-17-2011, 06:41 PM
Oh puhleez Sophie!!!! My kids (I really do love them!) are now out of school for the summer and I don't get a moments privacy! I just got a new pair of forms that I haven't even been able to try on yet and I was hoping to meet up with some girlfriends this weekend but it ain't gonna happen! I could just scream!

Trade ya???

Nikki A.
06-17-2011, 06:43 PM
Being widowed and with the kids away in college I have the freedom to dress. Unless I'm going out though I usually don't bother, at most a skirt and top. After all you're at home to relax, most women don't dress to hang out.

Sophie86
06-17-2011, 06:46 PM
Sorry, false alarm!

I was wearing capris. I changed into a dress, and everything's fine now. :D

@Gocap: Three weeks sounds awesome, but I'd be too depressed by the end of it to have any fun. I'd miss the family too much. :)

Cherry Lynn
06-17-2011, 06:48 PM
You are bad, Sophie.

Sophie86
06-17-2011, 07:08 PM
Karren tried to warn me. :heehee:

5150 Girl
06-17-2011, 07:16 PM
Board?!?! Well waht are you waiting for, Go shopping imidiately!!!

Sophie86
06-17-2011, 07:27 PM
Board?!?! Well waht are you waiting for, Go shopping imidiately!!!

Doh. I've already spent my monthly allowance. On some capris, a skort, blouse, and a new dress. I could go out to the club, but I'm just not feeling it tonight. :/

Stephanie Miller
06-17-2011, 07:32 PM
There ya go! A built in shopping trip/excuse to get out. The capris are defective in making you feel like a lady.... so return them and get another dress!

Cynthia Anne
06-18-2011, 12:07 AM
Such great advice here! I almost shed a tear for you! Not going to now! You should've listen to Karen!

gender_blender
06-18-2011, 08:32 AM
I live alone and frequently don thousand-dollar bridal gowns at home. My bedroom resembles a bridal salon with clothing racks because I filled 2 large closets with high quality wedding and prom dresses. That's one reason I got into modeling formal gowns (along with working with talented Makeup Artists and photographers).

Pythos
06-18-2011, 11:07 AM
I have had this happen too. My mom takes off for the weekend, or even a week, and I get fully done up if I am headed out to got clubbing (goth style), or maybe one time the whole period fully enfem, usually to try out a makeup idea that popped in my head, or an outfit idea.

However, it is not like I have stopped wearing non traditional clothing. I still wear my leggings and skirts, I just don't put much if any makeup, or a wig on.

It is funny for sure how our desires work at times.