PDA

View Full Version : Being out(ed)

Diane Elizabeth
06-18-2011, 06:49 AM
Later this month I will volunteer to "man" a booth for the CLCC (city of Lakes Crossdressers Community) at the Pride weekend. My SO asked what will if her gay nephew, who is going to school in Mpls sees me. I am sure I am quite recognizable in fem or drab. I had no reply for her. I am a little nervous about that happening, but I think he would be discrete and not tell his family. Her brothers are a bit on the redneck side. Luckily, they live a few hours away.

I fear that I will choke and try to hide if I see him first. I hope that doesn't happen. I want to think that I will "woman up" and say here I am.

Princess Chantal
06-18-2011, 06:51 AM
First words to say are "Happy Pride"

sissystephanie
06-18-2011, 07:14 AM
Starla, you will "woman" up, as you should. If the brother is gay the chances are that he wouldn't tell anyone! Don't worry about it!! Just enjoy the Pride day!!

cd_in_de
06-18-2011, 07:14 AM
I came out of the closet after being outed. It's really not a big deal. At first, people are shocked but they get over it and end up considering it to be just a bit of trivia about you.

Cynthia Anne
06-18-2011, 07:17 AM
Just say: Don't knock it until you try it!

Sophie86
06-18-2011, 07:23 AM
Why not just talk to him before hand? That way instead of it being a gotcha moment, it becomes you sharing something with him.

My oldest nephew is gay, and he's one of the two people in my family with whom I'm out. It wasn't easy to talk to him about it, but I was glad I did.

Princess Chantal
06-18-2011, 07:24 AM
Why not just talk to him before hand? That way instead of it being a gotcha moment, it becomes you sharing something with him.

My oldest nephew is gay, and he's one of the two people in my family with whom I'm out. It wasn't easy to talk to him about it, but I was glad I did.

Great suggestion as he may have some friends that crossdress which doesn't know about the group. Therefore, he may introduce them to the group's table

Mollyanne
06-18-2011, 07:42 AM
Actually I don't see what the problem is, should he do indeed come to the event and sees you and recognizes you that the first step and greet him cordially. Why would he "out you" ????? Does the family know he is gay and if they do, so what!!!!! If they don't then there are secrets all the way around, I wouldn't worry about it.

Molly