PDA

View Full Version : Can you predict when you want to dress?

Lucy Long Legs
06-18-2011, 07:19 AM
I know a lot of people here dress everyday or even full time I'm not like that. I am very enthusiastic about dressing and when that urge happens I go for it 100 per cent and am convincing, I'm told. It makes me feel great and I have no guilt about it, although hardly anybody knows about it. This urge happens fairly regularly, every few weeks, and then goes away wondering why I did it.

Does anybody else behave like this, and can you predict when it might happen? I'm beginning to think that I experience a monthly cycle, from male to female mode. Circumstances sometimes prevent me from dressing every time I want to but I think it probably happens on a monthly basis.

KrystalA
06-18-2011, 07:29 AM
Wish I could help you there, Lucy, but my urge to dress never goes away. It's just part of who I am.

Raychel
06-18-2011, 07:32 AM
I can predict when I am going to want to dress very well, It happens everyday, as soon as I wake up, I find that it will last all the way thru the day until I fall asleep again. Although on work days I can manage to supress the feeling trhu the day.

I know that isn't much help for you, But that is my story.

Mollyanne
06-18-2011, 07:37 AM
Well lets see, for me its everyday, all day!!!!!! The fact of the matter is I SHOULD HAVE BEEN BORN A GIRL IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!

Molly

Karren H
06-18-2011, 07:38 AM
I've honed my prediction skills over the years. I get the urges almost immediately after every breath... Wooo. It just happened again!! :D

Gina X
06-18-2011, 07:39 AM
Well lets see, for me its everyday, all day!!!!!! The fact of the matter is I SHOULD HAVE BEEN BORN A GIRL IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!

Molly

Same goes for me !! LOL

wantstocrossdress
06-18-2011, 07:41 AM
at night
or
when im alone
or
if i know nobody will see my dressed up
or
i can just lock up in the bathroom(usually when i buy new stockings and i want to try them on)

Erica Lauren James
06-18-2011, 07:47 AM
Nope I can't cause it's all of the time!!!

Loveday
06-18-2011, 08:15 AM
No predictive powers here because the need, urge is always there. It just keeps saying "I Want It Now".

gender_blender
06-18-2011, 08:25 AM
Very predictable. Usually when I get up in the morning, I prefer to shower and get dressed.

Sheren Kelly
06-18-2011, 09:40 AM
Lucy,
You can find your crossdressing motivation by being honest with yourself. Don't look to others, but gage your own feelings.

For me, my motivation peaks when I feel unfulfilled or inadequate as a male or need to allow myself some vulnerability. Turning femme is my way of seeking shelter. It is like saying, "I'm tired of maintaining the male fascade an need to switch off for awhile". During these times when my mind wanders, I usually drift off in a daydream of just being a normal person in a feminine role and attire. There is also gender envy; when I see a well dressed woman, I often wish that I had that style and choice in clothing and get motivated to femme up.

When I am actively engaged (e.g. sailboat racing, skiing) I don't feel the drive to crossdress.

Cynthia Anne
06-18-2011, 09:56 AM
I agree with most 'cause the urge never goes away! The only time I don't dress is when I'm in the shower!

suchacutie
06-18-2011, 10:14 AM
Up to this point the details of life limit Tina's time, so it hasn't been much of a choice. The transformation to Tina happens whenever life allows. If Tina had the opportunity to exist every day, I'm not sure how my genders would settle out. My guess is about 50/50.

tina

Dawn cd
06-18-2011, 11:06 AM
It seems that for most girls here the need to dress is ever-present. For me, as for Lucy, it's more sporadic. It ebbs and flows like a tide, but--also like the tide--never completely goes away. I go through periods when my male persona is dominant. I can carry it off quite well, but it takes effort. Projecting my masculinity takes much more effort than projecting femininity. So going back to the femme side restores balance for me. I prefer "balance" to CapHill's "shelter," although I understand what she's saying. Obviously, some active enterprise that engages my male side can obscure the need to feminize, sometimes for long periods, but the effort involved in maintaining the male persona always falters after a while..and then, ah, sweet balance.

Alice Torn
06-18-2011, 12:14 PM
To be honest, I may like to do it more, but, it really is WORK getting all dolled up, and often, I am just too tired out, and would rather lay down, with my cat and listen to radio. So, about once or twice a month, i actually do it, though, i feel like it often.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
06-18-2011, 02:05 PM
Very predictable. Usually when I get up in the morning, I prefer to shower and get dressed.

Hopefully in that order.

To the OP, I go through different moods where sometimes I want to get sort of feminine, but other times I like being more guy-ish. These days though, even if I have on eyeliner and stuff I still feel like I look really MALE when I look in the mirror and I kind of dig it. I'm pretty much always down to be wearing a skirt if I can, which is most times, but the only times now where I definitely get the feeling of knowing I *want* to dress, aside from special occasions that I look forward to, is when I'm at work and I'm having a particularly rough day, I start thinking about what outfits I'm going to wear when I get home. I think this is in no small way more of a rebellion against my work and it's dress code though, sort of a "ok, you own me now but the second I get off the clock.."

sometimes_miss
06-18-2011, 02:12 PM
The desire varies, but basically whenever I'm in male clothing I always feel like it's just wrong. So I guess the answer is, all the time.

Lainie
06-18-2011, 03:28 PM
Not fully predictable. These days I underdress almost all the time. Still I occasionally get the "pink fog" when skirt or dress seems really desirable. Occasionally I didn't really feel like putting on a dress, but the opportunity came along so I did, and only then did it hit me that "This is just terrifically fun!" More often the desire ebbs and flows.

Robyn2006
06-18-2011, 03:41 PM
I used to be like this, having the "urge" come and go. Sometimes I'd go for months, once for a few years, but these days it's a regular affair, every weekend and over most holidays. It's who I am now and I couldn't be happier.

joank
06-18-2011, 04:03 PM
I've honed my prediction skills over the years. I get the urges almost immediately after every breath... Wooo. It just happened again!! :D

I get the urge ONLY after I blink. No other time.

SusanMarie
06-18-2011, 05:32 PM
Easy answer...everyday!!!

Genifer Teal
06-18-2011, 06:06 PM
I will refrain from repeating what others have already said. For the most part, Genifer is my social side. If I am going out, and it is not to work or to run an errand, then it is girl time.

Loni
06-18-2011, 07:28 PM
it would be far easier to count the nano seconds that i do not want to dress as a woman. they are 0.

Robin Lee
06-18-2011, 09:38 PM
Lucy,
Sorry, Like a lot of us, when I get up in the morning I dress. I also dress when Igo to bed. Nothing lie a silky nighty!

Best Wish
Robin Lee

Jenniferpl
06-18-2011, 10:02 PM
Like most have already said. Everyday is girl time.

Cari
06-18-2011, 10:48 PM
I think I might know where you are coming from:

My urge to dress never really goes away but it will get stronger and weaker based on many factors.
I can almost predict "strong" urges just based on those factors; and at times I feels like I have a cycle.
In my case I feel its just the way I schedule my time and circumstances
I don't think its a mental or physical cycle; just a routine or pattern Ill fall into.

In general I will dress every few weeks;
If I miss a few sessions a Pink fog may blow in.
If I dress too much it feels like "work" or I feel a little guilty about neglecting other things ect.

So I have a pattern or cycle where I dress every few weeks.

Sharon B.
06-19-2011, 09:33 AM
For me, I can get by, by wearing some panties, bra and perfume or a woman swimsuit for a couple of weeks. But for the most part I will remove all of my body hair and get fully dressed as a woman just about everyday. Whether I go out or not I will stay dressed as a woman. It just feels so right and natural.

Krista1985
06-19-2011, 09:43 AM
Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

It's true for a lot of things, for me this includes dressing up. I can't really predict when the stirrings will hit, but the longer I go without indulging, the stronger the urge becomes. Adding to that, the more I feed the urge, the stronger it becomes. Basically, no matter what I do, crossdressing thoughts, feelings and inclinations seem to get stronger over time.

So I can't help you predict when the urge will overtake you, one prediction I do have is the innate need to self-feminize will trend stronger over time. That tends to be the way for most based on what I have read.

It's holding true in my experience too, I can see my TG-ness blossom as my comfort with it increases. I've taken my crossdressing further than I ever set out to, but each new milestone I reach just puts me in sight of another irresistible temptation.

Still I know what you mean; some days I calmly stroll to my closet and decide to spend a little time en-femme, other days I sprint into the closet pulled by an irresistible force, and emerge all girl'ed up thinking, "What just hit me?" I don't know where the, "What just hit me?" days come from, but they follow a pattern. The longer I've abstained from girl-time, the more likely I am to have an urgent need for a femme-day; whether I like it or not. I've chosen to like it, and I'm looking forward to the next one already :daydreaming:

Sharon B.
06-19-2011, 01:25 PM
I was doing just fine until I reply to this post earlier, now the urge has come back with a vengeance, when I get done with some chores outside I will be getting back into my feminine mode. Something I haven't done since the first of May other then don panties and a bra. I have don my woman's swimsuit a few weeks ago but didn't keep it on as long as I would have like to.

Krissie1962
06-19-2011, 02:12 PM
I am realy with Mollyanne. I feel I should have been born 100% female.not 90%.I see women in public and envey them at the same time admireing thier dress . yeh whenever there is a breeze,ITS SKIRT time .

dianne_1234
06-19-2011, 02:18 PM
Hi Lucy, I'm also not a full-time CDer. I seem to get the urge every few weeks too, as you describe. I've also thought it might be every, oh, 28 days or so. But I kid myself about that, there's no way that's true, what with my XY genes. I'm happy in guy mode most of the time.

ElaineB
06-19-2011, 06:19 PM
For me the urge is pretty random. I could say it happens more when I am bored, but even that is unreliable.

Karen__Starr
06-19-2011, 06:45 PM
I dress everyday usually in jeans or leggings as this is what most females are wearing in my environment. Usually on weekends I will wear a skirt at least once for going our to dinner. When wearing skirts I can become un-decisive between knee length pencil skirts, ankle length dresses to mini-skirts and flip flop between them for a long time before heading out LOL and if it is a really interesting day I will be doing the same with my shoes too.

NicoleScott
06-20-2011, 08:15 AM
Decades of crossdressing has conditioned me this way: when dressup opportunities approach, the urge gets stronger, and when I know dressing isn't possible the urge gets supressed (I guess). When I was single and had the opportunity to dress every day, I got the urge every day. Now, married with a child and other distractions that limit dressup opportunities, I don't dwell on what can't happen. The urge gets saved and builds up until the next opportunity.

Beverly
06-20-2011, 12:29 PM
I dressed yesterday, I'm dressed today(black skirt, purple knit top), and I predict I will dress tomorrow... and Wednesday and Thursday, and.............

SweetIonis
06-20-2011, 12:33 PM
When I haven't done it for a while, I notice that the urge is stronger. But, honestly I could do it every day, I like it so much. I've had the opportunity lately to do it everyday, and I have done just that. Actually, the last few nights I starting sleeping in my panties with a T shirt on. Girl u just don't know!

Gaby2
06-20-2011, 02:24 PM
I certainly feel better when dressed so it's constantly in the back of my mind.
I love dressing in bed and in the dark where the feeling can come and go as it pleases - this was once only an urge but now it has become quite important and normal for me.
I'm always a little apprehensive while dressed during the day or when the light is on .
That's a problem made worse by being a long-time closet-dresser.
I'm trying to do something about that but progress is slow.
Gaby

SweetIonis
06-20-2011, 03:55 PM
I certainly feel better when dressed so it's constantly in the back of my mind.
I love dressing in bed and in the dark where the feeling can come and go as it pleases - this was once only an urge but now it has become quite important and normal for me.
I'm always a little apprehensive while dressed during the day or when the light is on .
That's a problem made worse by being a long-time closet-dresser.
I'm trying to do something about that but progress is slow.
Gaby

That's interesting Gaby. For me I want the lights on because I think, and have been told that I am pretty dressed up. I Actually I had never really dressed in the dark until a few nights ago. Like

SweetIonis
06-20-2011, 04:20 PM
That's interesting Gaby. For me I want the lights on because I think, and have been told that I am pretty dressed up. I Actually I had never really dressed in the dark until a few nights ago. Like

Darn computer.

I was saying....
Like I said I started wearing panties to bed a few nights ago feminine honey. Panties have always made be feel feminine. Actually that's how I started dressing. When I was younger I saw a pair of panties. I honestly don't know why, but something made me want to put them on. Really I had never felt like a girl, but something made me put on those panties and WOW!!! Girl, something shot through me so fast. I felt so much like a girl it's not funny. Girl I got these real pretty legs and a big butt and when I saw myself in the mirror I can't tell you how I felt. I never really did anything with it for a while. Every now and then I would do that for a few minutes just to reproduce that feeling, but I was an adult before I really started dressing up. It's been a little while but a couple of times I even went to a place where I knew no one knew me, checked into a motel and went out dressed up to a drag club. I got a lot of compliments. But the only reason I went out was because I knew no one there knew me. I have never done it again.

I know I went off on a tangent but I said all that to make the point that I really like seeing myself dressed up. So I love having the lights on. Going to sleep in panties was new for me, but WOW, that was far out. Honey I would wake up in the middle of the night and feel those panties and that feminine feeling like when I started was there.

Your post was so interesting so u got a little of my story hun! LOL!

Cheryl T
06-20-2011, 07:40 PM
Of course I can predict when I want to dress.
What time is it? Oh, ok I wanted to dress 5 minutes ago...lol.

Pattie O
06-20-2011, 07:59 PM
I look back at my life of crossdressing and see an ocean.On many occassions my dressing has helped me to be calm and serene a little like a very smooth sea and then other times it has been more tidal and undulating.It seems to come in surges some times and almost "drags" me along and then at other times I have more control and plan out my journey.Is it predictable?Yes and no is my answer which is maybe a poor answer but as I am totally confused with my situation at present it is the best I can give.

docrobbysherry
06-20-2011, 08:28 PM
YES! Almost always! Yes!

Tina B.
06-21-2011, 10:56 AM
It's easy to predict when I will want to dress, just about anytime, the question should be, can you predict when you are going to need to dress, or explode. Never have figured out what goes on that triggers that.
Tina B.