PDA

View Full Version : Why?

cd_in_de
06-18-2011, 07:43 AM
If a woman can like football (American), why can't a man like girly things like dresses, make up, fairies, princess stuff, etc.? If a woman likes football, does that make her a lesbian? Obviously, the answer is no. So, if a man likes girly things, that does not make him gay.

Karren H
06-18-2011, 07:47 AM
No it doesn't but if he was gay what's wrong with that? You got something against gays? My son is gay and he hates girly things!

Emma England
06-18-2011, 08:12 AM
Lots of men like girly things. Asking why can't a man etc is meaningless.

cd_in_de
06-18-2011, 08:44 AM
No it doesn't but if he was gay what's wrong with that? You got something against gays? My son is gay and he hates girly things!

No, I do not have anything against gays. I was merely making the point that that does not necessarily mean a man is gay.

Sophie86
06-18-2011, 08:50 AM
If you're really asking because you don't know, then the explanation is this: It is assumed that a guy who adopts the mannerisms and dress of a woman would also want to adopt the role of the woman in the bedroom. In fact, many, or perhaps even all, crossdressers do have that fantasy. It's just that the majority prefer that the role of the man be played by a woman. That's too subtle of a distinction for the average person to grasp, so you might as well get used to being thought of as gay.

Tina B.
06-18-2011, 09:28 AM
But some guys that like girly things are gay, just like I know a couple of Lesbians that like football! I guess you just can't tell a book by it cover, unless it's a tall football player in a dress, that one the cover says a lot.
Tina B.

Pythos
06-18-2011, 09:41 AM
Because our culture, along with other cultures have double standards for the genders. It's also known as blatant sexism. In answer to the thing about being thought of as Gay.

I personally think gays have every right to live life how they wish. I think they should have equal rights when it come marriage as well as other aspects of life. But, I am not gay. I have no interests in men on the romantic level. I also do not think I would want to always play the submissive or feminine role in the bedroom. But that does not mean I am closed off to the idea.

Still in our culture for a man to be called "gay" is a taboo. Maybe not in the cities or other enlightened areas, but definitely in the rural or backwards areas of this country. Usually when someone slings the "insult" gay at you, it is not to happily acknowledge you. It is to insult you. Maybe you don't take it fully as an insult, but the intent of that word being used is to make you less that human.

This is slowly dying thank the maker, but is still very much alive in some areas of this country.

Cynthia Anne
06-18-2011, 09:41 AM
I understood what you were saying right off! And I agree with you! Thanks!

VioletJourney
06-18-2011, 04:47 PM
I've yet to meet a girl over the age of 10 who likes princesses and fairies. However in this day and age things like baking aren't considered "gay" anymore.

Sarasometimes
06-18-2011, 04:56 PM
I think that there are stereotypes for everyone to be put into that are more often incorrect than correct. A football loving women who dresses in a masculine way would be thought of as gay (lesbian). Did you ever think how frustrating it must be for a gay iron worker to be always thought of as straight??

sissystephanie
06-18-2011, 05:05 PM
I think the only answer to the main question is, WHO CARES?? There are things that way more important that maybe should be discussed! I crossdress and I am definitely not gay! If people want to think that I am, that is their choice. Just don't say it to me openly unless you want a broken nose!!

VioletJourney
06-18-2011, 05:05 PM
Did you ever think how frustrating it must be for a gay iron worker to be always thought of as straight??
After that Simpsons episode I doubt they have any problems... lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icIwKaci3MI&feature=related

NathalieX66
06-18-2011, 05:10 PM
RuPaul's Drag Race tv show, as much as I like it, unfortuantely reinforces the notion that all crossdressers are gay.
Liking feminine things, and admiring feminine or female presentation seems like a hetero guy thing when you think about it. I'm perfectly happy perusing a Victoria's Secret catalog...that's not very gay, is it?
I would think that gay guys find more interest in Brad Pitt.
I'm a fan of 80's punk rock, and I was shocked to find out that the singer of my favorite band Hüsker Dü was gay, Bob Mould is a pretty macho and square dude.

TinaMc
06-18-2011, 05:22 PM
A lot of girls probably like football for the same reason a lot of guys like women's beach volleyball...

Genifer Teal
06-18-2011, 06:18 PM
It is assumed that a guy who adopts the mannerisms and dress of a woman would also want to adopt the role of the woman in the bedroom.

Does that mean he will pick all the clothes off the floor and change the sheets a least once a week?
On another note, Men are the stronger sex so it is understandable to want to be more like them. Why would anyone want to give up male status to be a woman?

Momarie
06-18-2011, 07:29 PM
Sophie86:

It is assumed that a guy who adopts the mannerisms and dress of a woman would also want to adopt the role of the woman in the bedroom. In fact, many, or perhaps even all, cross dressers do have that fantasy.

That seems a rather broad statement Spohie86.

I doubt it is true for many hetero cross dressers here.

cd_in_de
06-18-2011, 07:29 PM
Gay people have every right to be gay. A feminine heterosexual crossdresser should not be assumed to be gay just because he acts feminine, likes girly things, and crossdresses. I naturally assume the male role, but I also like to be naturally feminine. Call it a paradox. FWIW my ex-girlfriends (ages 23-49) have all liked princesses and fairies.

Loni
06-19-2011, 12:30 AM
one can go to other parts of the world and see men/women doing what is believed to be "homosexual" in other parts of the world. just cultures have different ways of showing things as gay or straight.
just because i like to have a dress and bra on does not mean i want to have sex with a guy. i just love the female form so much. no real interest in changing body parts, but would like to be a woman for a time. what was that film about having a robot body and you got to stay home and sleep?

Lorileah
06-19-2011, 12:55 AM
No one says you can't like anything. The biggest obstacle to men "liking" things is their own minds. men need to start thinking for themselves instead of how they THINK they are supposed think

t-girlxsophie
06-19-2011, 12:58 AM
Of course the thing us Brits are asking is,why anyone (male or female) watches American Football!?
(ducks for cover:devil:)

Sophie

Stephanie47
06-19-2011, 01:28 AM
Of course the thing us Brits are asking is,why anyone (male or female) watches American Football!?

Sophie

And why would anybody male or female watch "The Rest of the World' football. To chase up and down the field endlessly for an hour?? Why?? Oh, has the Rest of the World invented Lingerie Soccer yet??? I didn't think so!

Shelly Preston
06-19-2011, 03:30 AM

Sophie

I cant believe your cheerleader outfit has not arrived yet .............................lol

Too many people believe the stereotypical image and dont think thing through

Iskandra
06-19-2011, 04:31 AM
Well here in Victoria Australia a lot of chicks like footy coz of the tight short shorts.. :tongueout But really, nothings changed over time, in ancient Rome women swooned over thuggy gladiators.. Meh...

Does that mean he will pick all the clothes off the floor and change the sheets a least once a week?
On another note, Men are the stronger sex so it is understandable to want to be more like them. Why would anyone want to give up male status to be a woman?

I know you're joking right?! Pick up clothes?! :devil: No seriously, about the stronger sex thing.. :eek:

eluuzion
06-19-2011, 05:24 AM
A man can like girly things...it is just a ten yard penalty and loss of down.:D

A woman that likes football is a lesbian if she is watching the game with her female SO.:heehee:

Liking girly things does not make somebody gay. Being primarily attracted to the same biological sex as your own is what generally identifies you as being "gay".

Sounds like you might consider making some new friends...:)

:love:

cd_in_de
06-19-2011, 05:51 AM
I have naturally assumed the male role, but sometimes I think I do that because that's what is expected of me. Sometimes, I think that I ideally I would like to be a woman's "housewife".