PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about your crossdressing

Princess Chantal
06-19-2011, 06:13 AM
Is your act of crossdressing weigh more on the side of gender expression, on the side of clothing preference, or on the side of appearence preference? Is there a side where draws no weight at all?
What about your curiousities? Do you like to dip your toes in and test the waters of experiencing activities as the "crossed-over" gender? Do you have a desire to try on different types and styles of clothes just to experience how they feel and/or look on you? Do you like to play with different appearences to see if you could pull off a "look" and/or capture the feeling of being in the desired look?

KrystalA
06-19-2011, 06:36 AM
The answer to all of the above is a resounding "Yes!"

Lady_Chaos
06-19-2011, 06:43 AM
I favor the clothing preference. Women have significantly more options and the colours are more vibrant!
I do have a curiosity to get my feet wet some more. My next outing will defiantly be in a skirt and heels, maybe dancing with some girlfriends.

For the different styles, I play it safe and work with clothes that work with my body and show off my great legs. I have tried on a wedding dress before and it did feel very special. Maybe if I start dressing more often I will buy some nice gowns.

On the appearance I still look like me. I don't favor the makeup and wig (thinking about a photo shoot with my head and post it here for all of us girls here when I get home from my trip)... maybe if something changes in my life and I become a woman I would ...lol

CarolineWolf
06-19-2011, 06:51 AM
I favor the clothing preference. Women have significantly more options and the colours are more vibrant!

I completely agree. For me it is all about clothing, and not appearance or personality. It's almost like a fetish, I guess ;)

Karren H
06-19-2011, 07:38 AM
The truth is I don't know... Its just what I have to do....

Tina B.
06-19-2011, 07:53 AM
For the first part, what Karren said. As for curiosity, I've found my clothing style years ago, but I do love playing with make up, trying out new looks, and colors. And of course clothing style follows the fashion trends of the seasons.
Tina B.

Barbara Dugan
06-19-2011, 08:00 AM
It is more of a gender and sexual identity expression clothes are just accessories that most of the times are not really need it

Cynthia Anne
06-19-2011, 11:31 AM
The answer to all of the above is a resounding "Yes!"

Oh yes I agree! Life doesn't began until I have my makeup on!

wendy360
06-19-2011, 12:39 PM
I love the clothes. For as long as I can remember I have looked at what woman get to wear and thought why can't I wear such cute colorful clothes.

Doodlen
06-19-2011, 01:03 PM
For me it's usually "Hey, I like that. It's bright and pretty. I wanna wear it!" :P

I love "weird" clothes, and I've always dressed differently. Back in high school I came to school dressed as a pirate a few times (no eye patch or anything, it wasn't a costume it was just pirate clothes :P)

Erika_bagels
06-19-2011, 01:30 PM
I like the thrill of the masquerade, it lies within the realms of the taboo for me. It's like having an affair with society behind its back.

TGMarla
06-19-2011, 02:37 PM
I dunno...I admit, I love the clothes. I enjoy wearing the clothing so much, I often wish I was female just so I could wear them more openly. I also enjoy the appearance factor, like wearing my hair long, and appearing pretty. I enjoy being pretty. As for the personality aspect, for me this is less about that than it is about the clothing and the appearance aspects.

Natalie D
06-19-2011, 05:04 PM
I think for me its just my feminine side coming out. I spend most of the time in mens clothes. CD for me is just an escape, I love the way I feel when I dress in my woman's clothes. For a few hours I become Natalie and Im happy. It makes me feel like a different person. I don't own many items of women's clothes all casual stuff denim skirts and tops and of course underwear. I only CD at home and I feel very comfortable in my clothes. I just love wearing them.

S. Lisa Smith
06-19-2011, 06:52 PM
The truth is I don't know... Its just what I have to do....
Yep, That's the way I feel.

sissystephanie
06-19-2011, 10:30 PM
It is not something that I HAVE to do!! I am not forced into doing it, not by anyone or anything!! I believe the same thing would apply to a very large number of people on this forum. I dress simply because I like the fit, feel, and look of feminine clothing! That has been the only thing that has kept me dressing for over 60 years. But I have a mind, like everyone else, and only I control that mind! If my children, or my girlfriend, tells me to stop crossdressing I will. I know I can, becaue I have done it before!!

docrobbysherry
06-19-2011, 11:11 PM
So, I DRESS like I EAT! I'll try nearly ANYTHING ONCE!:brolleyes:

And, if I LIKE how it tastes/looks, again and again!:D

VioletJourney
06-19-2011, 11:16 PM
The appearance preference. I've never been into male style or anything, but female presentation is something I can actually get into and be proud of and hopefully someday I can present that way full time, even though I don't actually want to be a woman or be considered a woman.

Pythos
06-19-2011, 11:29 PM
The clothing is a very high priority. The different textures and materials. The different styles. Tight, loose, and so on. Male clothing options are severly limited. Second is definitely the overall look. If I can pull of the perfect (in my eyes) of male and female, (leaning heavy toward what is considered feminine) then I am very happy. The behavior, well, I try to move more "gracefully" or in a more "feminine" manner. For instance last night when walking to a meetup place I did my best to walk single file, so as to produce that sway in the hips. Why? It felt awesome. LOL.

Like Violet, I don't want to be considered a woman either. Attractive to the eye? Exotic? Oh heck yea, but I would like to be recognized as just something good to look at, and emulate if one would like.

AllieSF
06-20-2011, 12:34 AM
Is your act of crossdressing weigh more on the side of gender expression, on the side of clothing preference, or on the side of appearance preference? Is there a side where draws no weight at all?
What about your curiosities? Do you like to dip your toes in and test the waters of experiencing activities as the "crossed-over" gender? Do you have a desire to try on different types and styles of clothes just to experience how they feel and/or look on you? Do you like to play with different appearances to see if you could pull off a "look" and/or capture the feeling of being in the desired look?

I had to quote your thread so that I could remember all your questions! I don't really feel like a woman when I dress. I dress to go out and in so doing I express my female side (we all have one, right?). The look is important to me as well as blending as best possible. I definitely am always putting my whole foot and sometimes both feet into the waters to experience new activities en femme. I guess that one of my goals is to experience most if not all of my male activities in femme mode, and so far even though my bucket list keeps expanding, my real experiences are too. I am definitely curious about everything. That is what seems to drive me to interact with complete strangers when out dressed.

I would like to experiment with all kinds of styles. However, I tend to stick with what I call a Classy Chic, with the shorter skirts and tighter tops thrown in when the planned outing venue calls for it. I would love to try period clothes, renaissance, some goth/cosplay (darker dresses with strong color highlights), some formal wear, and who knows what else. I have been thinking about doing a femme male presentation like a tuxedo look, or a femme pants suit with a man's tie and oxford tie shoes. I have also been trying to get down the simple club wear styles that I have seen some girls pull off so successfully and that should and do work for me even being 2-3 times older than they are. Like a darker gray simple cotton short pencil skirt with a neutral color top, minimal jewelry (hard for me to do because I love to wear a lot), dark (black, gray or other colors) tights and simple comfy black shoes. I am sure there are other looks that I would like to try. I already have a lot on my plate, so time will tell where I end up.

brandi.tgurl
06-20-2011, 01:08 AM
I find for me its clothing and appearance driven. I feel like there are so many options and styles of fem clothing that there is infinite possibilities for finding the right outfit for an occasion. Also, fem clothing is much lighter. This works out, for me in two favors: first, comfortability... second, it takes up much less room in the drawers or closet... or suitcase. Then you add in hairstyles and make up, and it seems that dressed en femme allows me to express any side of me that I might be feeling. Expressing gender to me is almost moot. I have a rather open feminine side as a guy, so while dressed in drab or drag really makes no difference in my attitude as male or female. However, i do play more to the lady in me through my mannerisms when dressed. And i think, dressing helps to bring that side out more - again if i want to be uber-girly, i can get cute with makeup and hair and wear a dress or skirt.. but I can also be plain jane/joe in sweats and a tee too.

erickka
06-20-2011, 05:45 AM
I like the clothing. Lots of soft, comfy, and in many cases, much cooler materials. Also, styles seem almost endless as opposed to male attire. I am one who likes many different looks, depending on the occasion. Males have only two looks available to them...monkey suit or no monkey suit.

cd_in_de
06-20-2011, 06:22 AM
My act of crossdressing is an expression of my feminine side. I also happen to prefer women's clothes.

VtVicky
06-20-2011, 07:30 PM
Clothes only. First the feel and second the look. No interest in, or effort at, trying to pass. I'm definately on the fetish side.

Cassidy
06-21-2011, 05:15 PM
It's all about the clothes for me. Despite being a predominantly evening gown and formal fancy cocktail dress afficionado I love to experiment with vintage and antiquity. That being said I had a go with hobble skirts. I even figured out how to modify dresses to approximate them. Take particular care in walking while wearing one of them. Chantal I loved the vintage gowns you and your friends wore when you posted the Titanic exhibit visit. Now only if I could find dresses like that.

My favorite question to myself after seeing something that catches my eye is '...how can I get and wear something like that...

Annaliese2010
06-21-2011, 08:55 PM
A state of mind entered by a complete surrendering to it but not out of conflict or angst not out of curiosity and not in charade but....hmm.. actually I really dont know.

StephanieC
06-21-2011, 09:21 PM
For me, I guess things have changed a bit over time. It used to be just about the clothes (color/texture) but now it's about the appearance...the makeup has become increasingly important.

Regardless, by the end of the week, I just HAVE to get into heels. And when I do, the "look" I pick depends on a range of things: mood, weather, etc. But I do find that I can be influenced: sometimes I see an outfit on a woman that I want to emulate or an outfit in the store that I just HAVE to try.

I try not to over-analyze what I do. And I never give it a title.

sarahNZ
06-22-2011, 06:04 AM
Apearance based on my own perception of gender.

Confused?... so am I

cd_in_de
06-22-2011, 06:27 AM
Is your act of crossdressing weigh more on the side of gender expression, on the side of clothing preference, or on the side of appearence preference? Is there a side where draws no weight at all?
What about your curiousities? Do you like to dip your toes in and test the waters of experiencing activities as the "crossed-over" gender? Do you have a desire to try on different types and styles of clothes just to experience how they feel and/or look on you? Do you like to play with different appearences to see if you could pull off a "look" and/or capture the feeling of being in the desired look?

My answer is the same for all of the questions: "Yes".

Sarasometimes
06-22-2011, 06:42 AM
The answer is yes to all of the questions. More to some and less to others but yes, all the same.

Molly Wells
06-22-2011, 08:53 AM
For me crossdressing allows me to feel comfortable and to find a sense of being. I am not particular to certain clothing items but to the entire experience of being dressed. I love the feel of my bra weighted with my breast forms and tugging on my straps and feeling pressed against my chest. I love the snugness of my panties holding everything in place. I love the feel of the shoes on my feet. I am comfortable when I dress. I usually have 2-3 opportunities a week to dress for a few hours. During these short times I rarely go for the makeup and only occasionally wear my wigs. I just feel comfortable. I am usually looking for a look that "blends in" with what would be seen on any typical GG during the day. Skirts, pants, fem top,etc. I like to show a little cleavage when wearing a low cut top, etc. My goal is to be able to walk slowly through the crowd and not draw undue attention. Just to blend in. (not always successful). When I have the opportunity to go out, again I want to dress in a fashion that fits the occasion and location. When I go out it is full makeup, wig and accessories. I want to look like I care how I look, not a slob, not a tramp. All of this to say that when I dress I feel relaxed and at peace. The noise in my head goes quiet for awhile. If only the rest of the world would smile back and not reject what I do. I guess, to answer the question I would have to say I am focused on appearance expression which I feel is an expression of the femme aspect of my gender.
Of course like any girl I fantasize about the opportunity to experience a real "dress up" occasion with formal wear, gowns, special make up, hair and all. That would be thrill!
Molly

prettytoes
06-22-2011, 09:28 AM
I just like the way I feel in the clothes. I am much more comfortable in a denim mini skirt than in denim shorts. I like the feel of women's yoga shorts (snug, but not overly tight) over baggy, loose men's workout shorts. I like the way a sport bra feels on me anytime, especially while working out. I wear panties 24/7 and can no longer stand wearing men's underwear; I like the bright, cheery colors and fun patterns that panties come in. I sleep much better at night in a spaghetti strap nightie, or satin pajamas. I like to look down and see my toenails painted and a nice little gold toe ring. I am not much into makeup, shoes, or accessories. I surely would never pass as a woman. I dress at home for a few hours a day, and at night while sleeping...other than the panties, which I wear all the time. Women's clothing is just more fun!

retrofitme
06-23-2011, 04:31 AM
For me, it is mostly the tactile sensation of womens' clothing that I like.

noeleena
06-23-2011, 04:53 AM
Hi,

For me day to day is much the same, depending on what im doing & where im going, & unless its a day out or night out . just normal womens wear, skirts & tee's & top's ,shoe's , boot's , my style sense is okay tho i like the summer , as its winter here so warm clothes are needed,

Tho. for me i dress in Edwardian style for our group , 1900 to 1910. & i make all of my clothes, Bonnits as well or hats of that time,

Next & i like this so much more as im a S. C. A .member i make my clothes for that as well. this of cause gives me more scope 1400 to 1700. tho ill get to my peoples back ground of Prussian wear or garb. as a ie = im a chateline or Lady of the Castle or misstriss. so this is more my thing. & a lot of fun. & i can make my ..look.. as i please, & dress garb for field Archery,

...noeleena...

Lorna
06-23-2011, 12:03 PM
Definitely it's the clothes - the feel and the look. When I see a woman wearing the kinds of clothing I like, I just want to feel what it's like to be inside those clothes. My shape, size, general appearance mean that I can never really achieve the look and feel I would like but I can get part way there. Women have so much choice and even simple things like the contrast between a loose, flaring skirt and a tight one are a source of fascination and enjoyment for me.

Veronica Lacey
09-01-2011, 09:46 PM
I love to wear female attire primarily because the clothes look and feel more appealing than male attire. Wearing any or all of the various materials women are privy to is far more desirable.

On occasion, yes, I love to try on new items that fit differently although I usually have a good idea if I will really like it or not before I even try it.

sarah kay
09-01-2011, 10:19 PM
I am like retrotime I believe, the sensation of the soft silky bra and panties make me feel comfortable, happy, and calm.

danielletorresani
09-02-2011, 01:42 AM
I love the feeling of women's clothing on my body, as I'm sure everyone here does. For me, it's a sexual thing. As for the looks I wanted to pull off, I've dressed up as a sexy maid, a 50's pinup girl, and a medieval maiden. I'd say the 50's pinup girl probably gets me the most worked up out of all of the looks I've tried...