PDA

View Full Version : Clocked at 50 paces

Sometimes Steffi
06-19-2011, 07:38 AM
When I was in Denver, I met one of my girl friends who had recently moved there from DC.

She was taking me on a driving tour of downtown Denver, and we were just chatting girl talk as we were seeing the sites.

We were at a stop light and a car pulled up next to us on our driver's side. The (male) driver rolled down the window on his passenger side and motioned us that he wanted to talk. I figured that he needed directions. When we lowered the window, he said

"Where did you girls start crossdressing?"

I'm not a very quick thinker on my feet, so I have prepared lines for some typical questions. But I had no prepared lines for this. I couldn't think of anything to say.

My friend responded DC, and told him to check out the Mile High TG group. And then the light turned green. We went right, he went left, and it was over.

We both couldn't figure out how he made us. It was dusk. We were in a car, with probably only heads and shoulders visible through the windows and he still made us. I've gotten peculiar looks driving before, but I never thought I could get made while in my car.

Tina B.
06-19-2011, 07:48 AM
There is always a chance to be made, anytime you walk out the front door, but how he made you both in a car, coming up from behind, wow, who would have thought it?
Tina B.

Fab Karen
06-19-2011, 07:59 AM
Maybe he was an admirer & couldn't think of an opening line. He called you girls, so doesn't sound malicious.

sometimes_miss
06-19-2011, 09:17 AM
Just goes to show, outside of this forum lots of us aren't as passable as we'd like to think we are.

eluuzion
06-19-2011, 10:00 AM
Here in Denver, you have to be able to recognize a CD at the same distance as the span required to dim your headlights for oncoming cars. It is part of the test to get your drivers license. Isn't it that way in your city? :D

Yep, that was a weird encounter. Some people are just more observant of their surroundings than others. I would think that particular guy was an exceptional case though. I guess some folks are bird watchers and some are CD watchers, eh? :heehee:

:love:

TGMarla
06-19-2011, 10:03 AM
Never forget to shave! :D

(Sorry....couldn't help it!)

Cynthia Anne
06-19-2011, 10:20 AM
Kind of a sweet and sour response! Although you didn't pass, everything turned out sweet!

Sallee
06-19-2011, 10:37 AM
that is weird but I have been read from inside the car before also. Some days we pass really well and others we are read in the dark by a blind man.Go figure

Sheren Kelly
06-19-2011, 11:39 AM
Hi Steffi,

It is likely the driver was TG as well. We seem to be a bit more alert to even the slightest gender tips. The exchange between your friend and the driver also indicates more curiosity than the average non-TG person.

PretzelGirl
06-19-2011, 02:02 PM
Maybe you should take down the "T-Girls Rock!" sign from the back window.

Debglam
06-19-2011, 02:21 PM
Maybe you should take down the "T-Girls Rock!" sign from the back window.

Thats what I was thinking!

Funny story - I was coming home from my second time out en femme and this car is behind me paying a lot of attention to my car. He keeps trying to pull up next to me in the left lane but traffic was blocking him so he would move behind me again. Now I'm getting nervous because it is pretty clear that I may have a "situation" on my hands. This is going on for a couple of miles and finally the guy pulls next to me, gives me a real hard stare, and then pulls away.

When he pulls ahead of me I see that he has a military unit decal on his back bumper that is identical to mine. Now I start laughing. The way I read the situation is that this guy though he has a shipmate in the car ahead of him and wanted to say "Hi." He pulls up and sees that it is probably "just an SO" driving the car so he takes off. My SO, the REAL Navy wife in the family, thought it was hysterical.

AllieSF
06-19-2011, 02:35 PM
Great story. I think that when we look at ourselves in mirrors and pics (selected ones only, of course) we see mainly frontal face shots. However, to a passing driver they will get a side profile and I think that for some of us, me included, the strong protruding jaw can be a very clear give away. You chould have asked him when he started dressing too?

Jodi
06-19-2011, 07:04 PM
Maybe he noticed the vanity plate on your car that said "Tranny". (lol)

Jodi

Christina Horton
06-19-2011, 08:38 PM
I gt looks all the time in my car...... But I have a 80 corvette that has a color changing paint. So dressed or not I get stares and it's hard to tell if there looking at my car or the pretty plus size CD driving. Lol. I have never had a bad experience driving dressed.

erickka
06-20-2011, 05:57 AM
I guess some folks have the gift as to be able to instantaniously make us girls at a great distance. Guess it's kinda like these rednacks around my parts that are equipped with "Gaydar"!

Staci G
06-20-2011, 06:23 AM
Hi Steffi,

It is likely the driver was TG as well. We seem to be a bit more alert to even the slightest gender tips. The exchange between your friend and the driver also indicates more curiosity than the average non-TG person.

I agree with Kelly, It is easier for us to spot the things we see in ourselves. Maybe he needed help unlocking the closet door.

linda allen
06-20-2011, 08:04 AM
Many, many years ago when I had long hair, I was sitting in a car with a date (female), when a guy pulled up beside us obviously thinking that we were two females. When I turned around (I had a mustach), he quickly rolled up his window and left.

AnnaCalliope
06-20-2011, 08:52 AM
Some of us just have really good "T-dar". I once met a girl at a party who I immediately picked out as trans, despite the fact that she was incredibly passable having started HRT at 16. I later told her it was certain facial features that clued me in, but the initial feeling was just intuition.

KellyCD
06-20-2011, 09:07 AM
Just goes to show, outside of this forum lots of us aren't as passable as we'd like to think we are.

Quoted for truth.

THANK YOU!

AKAMichelle
06-20-2011, 01:32 PM
I don't know how they made you, but no harm was done. Besides you had a great trip to Denver - so its all good.

Mikaela
06-20-2011, 01:34 PM
Quoted for truth.

THANK YOU!

Times a million. I don't try to pass, I just try to pass under the radar, but even stealth fighters have radar cross sections. :D

StarrOfDelite
06-22-2011, 10:56 AM
Great story. I think that when we look at ourselves in mirrors and pics (selected ones only, of course) we see mainly frontal face shots. However, to a passing driver they will get a side profile and I think that for some of us, me included, the strong protruding jaw can be a very clear give away. You chould have asked him when he started dressing too?

I think that all you can see of another driver are the head profile, shoulders and hands, and these are three of the things which are hardest to feminize. In addition to your comment about the jawline, the masculine brow ridge and the adam's apple protruberance would also be emphasized in a side view.

Dana921
06-22-2011, 12:29 PM
I am guessing because neither of you were on cell phones and talking animatedly with the other folks on the phone and each other at the same time! Oh wait, guys seem to be doing that also, never mind! Heehee!

Really though the movements, gestures, reactions to their environment of men vs women while going through out their day is quite different to those observant to these situations. More times than not it really is several little things that combine to give us away!

Dana

Annaliese
06-22-2011, 12:39 PM
In my Hot or Not page some of the comments
is it a dude
nice dress
yea it is a dude
you look great

these were just a few of the comments

Dr.Susan
06-22-2011, 03:35 PM
We tend to forget that it is still a male face with makeup on it, and the male profile is difficult to change.