PDA

View Full Version : Fathers day

Jan Michell Collins
06-19-2011, 09:51 AM
Dose Fathers day hold odd feelings for you or do you not think about it or would you rather celabrate mothers day ??? just a question that I have wondered about today.

Brett
06-19-2011, 10:46 AM
I just feel pressured to buy a gift for the guy who has everything.......... so I wind up going to GolfZone and buying him a totally unnecessary golf-club, like a 9-wood

Michelle 2
06-19-2011, 10:53 AM
I have no odd feelings about Fathers Day. After all it is a day to honor Dads everywhere hopefully for being a good parent. In reality I am not a Mom and I would not want to take away anything from there special day that is so well deserved.

Michelle

Cynthia Anne
06-19-2011, 10:58 AM
Good question! I'm not sure if Mothers or Farthers day is correct for me! Although I'm not a mother I have been called one too many times!!!!!!!!!!!??????

Karren H
06-19-2011, 11:05 AM
I'd rather not celebrate either one.... So far today... My fathers day sucks!!

Nigella
06-19-2011, 02:13 PM
IMHO anyone who wishes they could celebrate mothers day are being totally insensative, with the exception of those who identify as TS.

arbon
06-19-2011, 02:27 PM
In a way it is good if the family is going to recognize it they have to be nice to me and not give me to much grief if i don't get anything done today!

t-girlxsophie
06-19-2011, 02:49 PM
Had a great Fathers Day,my son was over all day,and we had a great laugh,playing (and even beating him) on Xbox and eating junk lol.

On Mothers Day my stepsons and I make it a big day for their mum.It is her day and hers alone

Sophie

Sara Jessica
06-19-2011, 03:53 PM
I'm a parent, first and foremost. There's no good reason to inject gender issues in that world, as in "boo hoo I can't be the mommy today".

That said, my little girl who just wrapped up kindergarten gave me a card she made at school. It had pre-printed lines where the kids finished the sentences. One went as follows....

My daddy is as handsome as...

She wrote: a flower!!!

Of course I smiled and was all good with it.

BRANDYJ
06-19-2011, 04:53 PM
I am envious of those that have children to celebrate this day with. I am not a father. I have not seen my son in 41 years. That's a long sad story that I will spare you all with. I have had step children from 2 previous marriages and enjoyed this day with them when we were all together. But since one wife passed away, her kids had drifted out of my life. Next my ex-wife's daughter and I were very close and now she has chosen to not be any more. I'm sad about it, but OK with it. Now on the bright side, my SO had to take guardianship of 3 grand daughters ages 5,6 and 9. Sadly there dad and mother are unfit parents. It's heart breaking to think about the tough beginning these 3 girls had. They live in Michigan and I have been there to be with them about 4 -5 times in the past 2 years for 3- 5 days at a time. They are very special to me. I love them as if they were my own grand daughters. The 5 year old calls me on the phone almost daily. This time next week I will be there with them for 10 days! I am excited! Today the youngest told me that she is going to squeeze me so tight and not gonna let go. So those words are a gift to me on this day. I am blessed to have a very accepting SO and her grand daughters that for whatever reason accept me as someone very special in their young lives. I look forward to my roll in raising them to be good, happy young ladies. I look forward to the day we can all be together under one roof. Crazy I know. At my age thinking about helping to raise 3 beautiful little girls. But love does some very strange and wonderful things to us. I just want to be the very best step daddy or step grandpa I can be.
Being a CD is pale in importance compared to how important being a good father to your kids is. I might be the only father figure in their life some day. So for that reason, if none other, they will not know about my private life as a CD.

Happy Fathers day to all of you Daddiess that have children you love... and that love you.

JodieGreen
06-19-2011, 05:08 PM
having a blast, kiddo swam by herself (well wearing floaties off every appendege + life vest + me like 2 feet away) today for the 1st time.

shes gettin on towards 4 years old.

we baked a chocolate cake, watched hello kitty. ate some icey pops went to the park. went for a walk with pups. watchin cartoons, shes playing in the sink right now with paper cups lol.