PDA

View Full Version : I felt totally free and female for a few seconds.

Jay Cee
06-19-2011, 09:57 AM
I was listening to some 90's techno music, and for the first time in my life, I danced like a girl. It was soooo liberating. I felt so free and relaxed...

...until the critical part of my mind said "Stop it - that's gay!"

Still, I feel good about the experience. Little glimmers of my true self, shining through. And now I understand why women dance - it feels great.

Inna
06-19-2011, 10:14 AM
little by little the shell cracks under pressure of truth. And glimpse of the light comes in and fulfills. I often begged for this shell to crumble at once, but now I realize that the time it takes to chip away at this shell also makes us stronger and inevitably wiser and readies those around us who understand but are slow grasping the severity of who we are.

So dance, dance your girl wild!

Jorja
06-19-2011, 10:23 AM
I was listening to some 90's techno music, and for the first time in my life, I danced like a girl. It was soooo liberating. I felt so free and relaxed...

...until the critical part of my mind said "Stop it - that's gay!"

Still, I feel good about the experience. Little glimmers of my true self, shining through. And now I understand why women dance - it feels great.

This is where all those years of societal conditioning comes into play. You need to just say "so what if I am gay, I am a girl and am having fun, go away little voice".

Aprilrain
06-19-2011, 01:29 PM
I was told along time ago that I danced like a girl so I stopped dancing. I was told I crossed my legs like a girl so I started crossing them like a guy does. I've been told I throw like a girl but I don't think that is true actually maybe its more of a girly guy throw. lol. Anyway let her out dance like a girl and be gay (happy)! Slowly you will drop the pretense of being a guy or a girl and will just be your self and if you're a transwoman then that will "feel" feminine to you.

Avana
06-19-2011, 02:30 PM

Dancing isn't a female thing at all. Nor is it a gay thing. It's a human thing.

Social mores regarding dancing are generally cultural rather than gender-based.

And as someone who deejays and collects the stuff - particularly with 90s house and techno, you're talking about a culture which promotes freedom of expression through dance, totally regardless of gender role.

Dancing is a great way to celebrate and express who you are, no matter if you are man, woman, transman, transwoman, etc.

Being active in the dance music community, I never felt like I had to dance any certain way - I was able to feel this freedom which is also free from gender before I started transitioning, and I still feel it after. It does feel better after transitioning because I feel the freedom to dance AND the freedom of my gender expression.

Grace is grace. Movement is movement. Joy is joy.

I just take issue with your last sentence there about understanding why 'women' dance.

Jay Cee
06-19-2011, 07:15 PM
Dancing isn't a female thing at all. Nor is it a gay thing. It's a human thing.

Social mores regarding dancing are generally cultural rather than gender-based.

And as someone who deejays and collects the stuff - particularly with 90s house and techno, you're talking about a culture which promotes freedom of expression through dance, totally regardless of gender role.

Dancing is a great way to celebrate and express who you are, no matter if you are man, woman, transman, transwoman, etc.

Being active in the dance music community, I never felt like I had to dance any certain way - I was able to feel this freedom which is also free from gender before I started transitioning, and I still feel it after. It does feel better after transitioning because I feel the freedom to dance AND the freedom of my gender expression.

Grace is grace. Movement is movement. Joy is joy.

I just take issue with your last sentence there about understanding why 'women' dance.

Fair enough, Avana. I probably worded that in a politically incorrect way. ;)

Myojine
06-19-2011, 07:18 PM
I was dancing to some dubstep in my japanese skirt yesterday...
I love how it flutters....
Do i win girl points too? ^.^

Hope
06-20-2011, 09:08 PM
Yeah - I think we have all been there. When I think about mannerisms and body movement when I am out and about I sort of boil everything down to "Go ahead and move your body!" We had to live such rigid constrained lives as men. Sure - there are certainly new constraints now too - but at least we are free to move.

RobertaM
06-21-2011, 12:07 PM
For me Dancing was a way of me releasing my inner girl out. A friend whom i have lost touch with taught me to dance. I now can command the attention in a club, and some times the odd pole dance routine.( Silly of me.) I get many compliments for my abillity to dance like a girl. It makes me feel free and free spirited. The other night i got asked by a guy to dance a slow dance, my first really, oooo he was so smooth,, i totally had a girl meltdown.

Sally24
06-21-2011, 01:25 PM
I totally know.what you mean! I was dancing at a club Saturday night and trying to improve my movements. For a couple of songs my reflection in the mirrors said "woman". I've always loved to dance in any mode, but it is more fun as a female.

Erika_bagels
06-21-2011, 01:27 PM
There's nothing wrong or gay about 90's dance music! I rock it out often. Also, my wife's always thought it was hot how I dance more like a woman (sometimes like a female stripper) than I do like a man. Rock yo' sexy dance grooves!

Pattie O
06-21-2011, 07:18 PM
I feel so right when dancing dressed as a woman.I used to do this in my teens when I started to explore dressing and make up and found the experience so exhilarating that I would just about faint ! Actually I almost feel faint just thinking about it!

Amber99
06-24-2011, 01:40 AM
I was told I crossed my legs like a girl so I started crossing them like a guy does.

I remember doing this too. My Dad used to get really frustrated with the way I sat so I worked to change it.