PDA

View Full Version : Is It A Sign?

Persephone
06-19-2011, 01:52 PM
I was definitely playing techy yesterday, crawling around under my RV installing new ham radio cables.

Afterwards, I started to leaf through the new ham radio magazine that had just arrived when someone else's Victoria Secrets sales ad fell open inside the pages! Apparently it was intended for a woman who lives several blocks from me and it got sandwiched into my magazine while going through the postal system!

The Lord does indeed work in mysterious ways!

Hugs,
Persephone

Persephone
06-19-2011, 01:53 PM
P.S. -- While I was under the RV I happened to look up and discovered this little problem!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/MotorhomeLeafSpring.jpg

Debglam
06-19-2011, 01:58 PM
P.S. -- While I was under the RV I happened to look up and discovered this little problem!

Yikes! Losing a leaf spring would be a bad thing! Good that you found it now.

juno
06-19-2011, 02:03 PM
I hope you plan to return the VS catalog to the rightful owner. So, maybe it is a sign to meet a new GG friend.

Cynthia Anne
06-19-2011, 04:00 PM
It sure is a sign! OF GOOD LUCK! Get that RV fixed and high tail that V.S.ad to its owner and go to V.S with her!

Erika_bagels
06-19-2011, 04:25 PM

Glad somebody knew what that was. I don't know anything about RV's, and I'm sitting here trying to figure that out XD

Eryn
06-19-2011, 05:46 PM
I started to leaf through the new ham radio magazine that had just arrived when someone else's Victoria Secrets sales ad fell open inside the pages!

Hmmm, imagine VS and QST teaming up to interest more YLs in the hobby (or OMs in VS products :))

"Get that Bombshell signal!"
"Push-ups, they're not just towers anymore!"
"RF by Victoria, linear amplifiers now in PINK!"
"Improve your directionality with IPEX!"

Cynthia Anne
06-19-2011, 10:36 PM
To fix the problem! Do one of these! First purchase a tap, or nut or two, Knock the bolt back in, then either double nut it tight or use a lock washer or loctite to hold it tight! Since this is suppose to be about cding what ever you do! Don't break a nail doing it!

Eryn
06-19-2011, 11:04 PM
To fix the problem! Do one of these! First purchase a tap, or nut or two, Knock the bolt back in, then either double nut it tight or use a lock washer or loctite to hold it tight! Since this is suppose to be about cding what ever you do! Don't break a nail doing it!

There's also a little matter of lifting the 10 tons of motorhome that is currently sitting on the threads of that bolt!

Evie08
06-19-2011, 11:07 PM
Hmmm, imagine VS and QST teaming up to interest more YLs in the hobby (or OMs in VS products :))

"Get that Bombshell signal!"
"Push-ups, they're not just towers anymore!"
"RF by Victoria, linear amplifiers now in PINK!"
"Improve your directionality with IPEX!"

Kenwood and HRO have started with something for your ham shack

with all this interest - should there be a special catagory for Field Day - how many CD contacts you can make? CQ CD CQ CD

Eryn
06-19-2011, 11:27 PM
with all this interest - should there be a special catagory for Field Day - how many CD contacts you can make? CQ CD CQ CD

You get a 2X multiplier on every contact made en femme. :)

Vanessa Storrs
06-19-2011, 11:39 PM
Can nail polish be used as a substitute for Loctite?

Nikki A.
06-20-2011, 05:20 PM

It depends if you want it to work.

Eryn
06-20-2011, 05:44 PM

There is a real use for nail polish in this regard. A streak of nail polish across a newly tightened nut, bolt, and its bearing surface is an excellent warning indicator for loosening. A slight misalignment or fracturing of the polish allowed one to check the tightness of the fastener without putting a wrench on it.

Back in the day a lot of well-prepared racing motorcycles had little streaks and dots of somebody's favorite shade adorning its hardware! "Honest, Mom, it's for my race bike!" :)

Tara D. Rose
06-21-2011, 12:32 AM

Oh, is that what that thingy is??

Kathi Lake
06-21-2011, 02:03 AM
Yes, it's a sign. Be a good neighbor and return it. What an icebreaker! :)

It's funny - both my wife and I usually get the same catalog on the same day. Yesterday was Talbot's. Today was Ann Taylor.

:)

Kathi

georgia_937
06-21-2011, 11:27 AM
And all I ever get is DX Engineering catalogs!

Which brings up another subject....just how many hams are there on this forum?

Eryn
06-21-2011, 04:58 PM
Which brings up another subject....just how many hams are there on this forum?

That's a question that I've thought of as well, but I think it is for another thread. Considering the age and techie tendency of many of us I'd suspect that quite a few of us have a ticket. We're probably not too willing to divulge our callsigns! :)

Kathi Lake
06-21-2011, 05:04 PM
I've been called a ham multiple times, but I think they're talking about my exhibitionist streak, and not my prowess with radio stuff.

:)

Kathi

Eryn
06-21-2011, 05:56 PM
OK, I started an Amateur Radio Roll Call thread here. (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?155589-Amateur-Radio-Roll-Call) Please respond there if you're a ham.

marti
06-22-2011, 12:24 AM
Nail polish is also good for locking tuning slugs on coils.

KerryLynn
06-22-2011, 10:45 PM

I have to say this is the only conversation where a double nut is part of an RV....

CarlaWestin
06-22-2011, 10:50 PM

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/MotorhomeLeafSpring.jpg

I wouldn't worry about that. NOW, back to that yummy catalog!