PDA

View Full Version : Impatient (for MTF & FTM)

DanteDonovan
06-19-2011, 10:34 PM
Impatient oh yeah. lol

So, I been sitting here lately thinking "when's my voice gonna change? Change...Change damnit!" lol Then I remind myself that it is only on my 6th week. To be PATIENT. I just laugh at myself being so squeally happy anxious. Almost as if my sea monkeys just hatched and are getting bigger so I will be their cheerleader as they grow lol

Got me to thinking. From all of you, what was the one thing you noticed first? Hair, sex drive, voice, etc. About how long did it take for you? How did you feel about it?

Tell me I wanna know! XD

sandra-leigh
06-19-2011, 11:21 PM
For me, (MTF), libido pretty much disappeared upon making the decision to start hormones (I had been researching them and finding out whether I was even a candidate, but I struggled with whether to actually start or not.)

The first change on the anti-androgens I started on, was putting on weight :sad:

AllieSF
06-19-2011, 11:30 PM
Since I don't really qualify to answer, I will comment instead. I love your sense of humor. It really helps to get over those rough sections in the road until I get to the new pavement. Keep yourself laughing and when you have some extra, please send some funnies our way.

DanielMacBride
06-20-2011, 12:54 AM
The first thing I noticed was that I felt much more laid back - that was pretty much instant :D But physical changes took a bit longer - for me the first ones I noticed were muscle gain, more body hair and my "little guy" grew. My voice didn't really change much until about 4 months on T - I have a series of voice clips and the first major change was between about 16-18 weeks. Then there were several more changes - I have been on T for 3 years now and my voice is only just settling to where it's going to stay.

As for how I felt about the changes? I remember doing pretty much what you're doing lol - I would get up and examine my face in the mirror every day looking for more facial hair, or make voice clips all the time trying to hear if there was any difference in my voice. And every time I saw even a small change, I was absolutely ECSTATIC :D Even 3 years down the track now I'm still getting used to looking in the mirror and being pretty damn happy with what I see, and it still takes me by surprise sometimes when I realise how much more comfortable I am with myself now that so much has changed :)

DanteDonovan
06-21-2011, 08:56 AM
@ sandra-leigh (btw beautiful name (: ) First, very glad to hear you made sure to research first before making the decision. Too many jump in without doing that. As far as weight gain, I'm looking forward to it. The T will make it easier to build some muscle and get more weight on me. I'm just long lanky and need some type of body. I'm tired of looking like I'm some borderline anorexic.

@AllieSF:Hello! Even though you say you don't "qualify" to answer, I think any type of communication is welcome. So, by all means, chat away <3 and as far as humor goes, I'm full of it. Hell, all my life mom likes to always remind me on how I'm a smart ass. lol XD

@ DanielMacBride: I feel laid back too. I think it has to do with that I finally made it to where I can start my true life as who I am. Makes me thrilled ^^ Muscle gain, when throwing trash away at work, it will be nice to be able to fling it over the dumpster instead of "Luuuuke I can't do it....could you do it for me?"....last time I tried it hit the dumpster and bag broke a bit, hot dogs and taquitos fell on my head...>_>;

One thing makes me happy, is that I know I won't get too much facial hair or on other areas. My whole family aren't really hair bears. Hell my dad's 5 O'clock shadow doesn't even start until he wakes up the next morning XD I make fun of my one friend, 45 ex-marine. Other day he was in shorts and I noticed, gave him shit "I got more hair on my legs than you do!" haha He tried to do the "well me hair is blonde so it's just harder to see" I told him don't even go there. Hike up my pants and said "see, examine. You can not deny!" Yay for being Italian eh? XD

DanielMacBride
06-21-2011, 09:11 AM
Heh I wouldn't be so sure about not getting facial hair or hair on other areas - I'm blonde and my family are NOT hairy at all either, but I have more facial and body hair than any of the other males in my family! It's a bit of a lottery as to how much hair you end up with - but it's the same as for a bio guy, you don't know what you'll end up with till you get it ;)

thechic
06-21-2011, 01:18 PM
Hi there
I took me hell of a long time to make the decision and plenty of research on the benefits side affect's .
My sex drive was the first to go,then Assandra-leigh mentioned i put on weight.

Bree-asaurus
06-21-2011, 02:20 PM
I would say the first changes from hormones were a decreased sex drive (which later returned) and feeling more calm and in-sync with my body. After that was increased boobage and regrowth of previously receding hairline... and then all kinds of other changes.

Faith_G
06-21-2011, 04:07 PM
Increased emotional range was the first thing I noticed. Then itchy/sore nipples, followed by a craving for salad.

Bree-asaurus
06-21-2011, 05:02 PM
Increased emotional range was the first thing I noticed. Then itchy/sore nipples, followed by a craving for salad.

OMG totally forgot about the food thing... my tastebuds changed or something and I started craving veggies and stuff! How crazy!!!

Carvery Carly
06-23-2011, 06:22 AM
For me, (MTF), libido pretty much disappeared upon making the decision to start hormones (I had been researching them and finding out whether I was even a candidate, but I struggled with whether to actually start or not.)

The first change on the anti-androgens I started on, was putting on weight :sad:

Oh good for me, anyway.
ATM, I only weigh 8 1/2 stone and wear size 8 clothes.
Could do with putting a bit more weight on then at least my fat distribution would go some way to creating breasts and hips/bum.

Felix
06-25-2011, 09:19 AM
Hya just checkin in and saw this it took me right back two and a half years ago when I started on T :-) I think the first thing I noticed was increased sex drive that was pretty instant ;-) my voice started cracking at about three months and the first real drop was at six months then it seemed to be every six months it dropped. It took till my gender reassignment surgery last September for my voice to really settle but recently its shifted again and now my family dont recognize me when I call lol. My mum does but shes got used to it over time as I phone her almost every day :-)
Facial hair well that good its coming in more now and i have a neat goatie and mustache :-) .Body hair lol I have plenty on my chest and lots on my lower back and all over my stomach. My leg hairs are good also and now becoming more male at the top but ive had to shave them a few times at the top for lower surgeries. Some one told me once that ya body hair is like being put in a grow bag it comes in from the bottom up. Its true mine has done just that lol.
I am alot more laid back it takes a lot to really get me angry but then if I see an injustice I certainly will say my piece like in work this week I shocked a few people and was cleary backed by the management which was great :-)
Its all very exciting when ya start on T and ya want everything to happen like yesterday I know I did but ya have to be patient coz the changes will and do happen. It takes time to mature as male just like a teenager going through puberty. My mates been on T about nine years or so and ya would never know hed been anything else but male but its taken those years to mature and for the T to work its magic. Its certainly helped me speed things up having my GRS as now only T in my system which helps tremendously :-) ....Felix