PDA

View Full Version : Looking for good clip-on earings

britney1
10-05-2005, 01:16 PM
Ladies,

Anyone know where I can get some good clipon earings that look classy and femme, but not like my grandmothers? Most of the ones I have found are gaudy.

Wendy me
10-05-2005, 01:17 PM
yes wall mart has them....

jaye 1942
10-05-2005, 01:52 PM
:confused:
girl go ahead and get them pierced, don'hurt, and beside that
check close, todays generation (of non CD's have had ears pierced
or wear ER's). I promise you they will rarely be noticed - just
say, got drunk, now it's done. You [by your pic' are too
beautiful in dress not to be that natural. Took me too long and
missed out on lovely earrings after mashing my earlobes w/those
pinchers for years

Keep in touch
Jaye

britney1
10-05-2005, 01:57 PM
:confused:
girl go ahead and get them pierced, don'hurt, and beside that
check close, todays generation (of non CD's have had ears pierced
or wear ER's). I promise you they will rarely be noticed - just
say, got drunk, now it's done. You [by your pic' are too
beautiful in dress not to be that natural. Took me too long and
missed out on lovely earrings after mashing my earlobes w/those
pinchers for years

Keep in touch
Jaye
Unfortunately, due to my profession (commercial insurance), and oh yea, and my wife, I can't do that. I wish I could get them pierced. She's going to be away for 2 weeks in december and I thought about just doing it myself, and then letting it heal before she gets home.

Thanks for you thoughts though.

BethCD
10-05-2005, 02:23 PM
Britney, Have you tried eBay? I have found many great bargains there.

BethCD

susandrea
10-05-2005, 02:24 PM
Try "Monet" at any major dept. store. They usually have a whole turny thingi of clip-ons, and they're not old and farty looking.

And there are a squintillion of them here:

http://www.cliptomania.com/index.html

And if you google "clip-on" earrings you'll get a load more sites. Look for ones that have a padded clip for comfort. You can buy the pads, too, I think, and add them to clips that don't have them.:)

tifftg
10-05-2005, 03:10 PM
Britney, let me know what you find, same issues--same desires.

Tiffany

chattaboxx
10-05-2005, 03:36 PM
hi,

this is my first post.

I had the same problem a few weeks ago and tried "Claires accessories" managed to pick up three decent pairs. there are some really naff one there but there are also some nice ones

Hpe you enjoy yourself in december.....a whole two weeks.....i would love that.

Marlena Dahlstrom
10-05-2005, 03:43 PM
Tasteful clip-ons can be a challenge to find. Cliptomania has some, but I've had really good luck with http://www.crazy4clipons.com/. The owner is really nice too.

eBay is another good source -- although these are mostly vintage stuff, so of which can look funky and stylish, some of which looks like you borrowed them from Grandma.

BTW, you can also buy regular earings and have a jeweler convert them to clip-ons.

Julie York
10-05-2005, 03:54 PM
hi,

this is my first post.

I had the same problem a few weeks ago and tried "Claires accessories" managed to pick up three decent pairs. there are some really naff one there but there are also some nice ones

Hpe you enjoy yourself in december.....a whole two weeks.....i would love that.

Hey chattaboxx you sneaked in there didn't you. Hi and welcome from me! If you go to the Introduction section and say Hi you will get to meet a load of nice people.

vanessa48
10-05-2005, 04:34 PM
crossdresser.com has some nice fashionable clipons

Gale R
10-05-2005, 04:56 PM
Also on ebay you can buy the clip on part and convert most earrings yourself if you can handle a pliers. ,)

Luv ya, gale.

Ellisia_Lynch
10-05-2005, 05:09 PM
I have had great success with standard earrings for peirced ears by snapping off the stem with a pair of pliers and using a dab of nail glue to fix it to my lobe.

I haven't tested it with an evening out dancing, but it seems to stick pretty well & means you have a huge selection to choose from as opposed to being limited to clip ons.

DonnaT
10-05-2005, 06:12 PM
I've done the same Ellisia, using a minute drop of medium gel superglue, however. Both are CA type glues though.

Also, you can get all the components at a craft store and bead stores to make your own earings for a fraction of the cost.

Missy Anne
10-05-2005, 07:47 PM
Hi Britney,

It's a tough fight. I had to make my own by getting small circle clips and adding a small wire loop to insert the wires into. That gives you more choices and don't look too bad. But they are a real pain to wear.

I finally gave up - see my post ---

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15529

I too have to maintain a low public profile but we figured out how to get them pierced quietly. If you would like to know more about how we did it, let me know.

Missy Anne

TGMarla
10-05-2005, 08:09 PM
Hi, Brit. I found a pair at Wal-Mart that are little more than gold loops. Not hoops, mind you. They're much thicker than that. They loop around the bottoms of my earlobes, allowing me to hang other earrings off of them if I want danglies. They look great!

DanaJ
10-05-2005, 08:20 PM
Cliptomania.com (http://www.cliptomania.com) - I have had good luck with them, very fast shipping and great customer service.

Earring Doctor (http://www.earringdoctor.com/lplpsbumgdr.html) has supplies to make pierced earrings into clip ons....

KewTnCurvy GG
10-05-2005, 08:23 PM
yes wall mart has them....
She said good, that look classy and femme:p

GypsyKaren
10-06-2005, 02:00 AM
Hi Britney,

Be aware that if you do pierce yuur ears while your wife is gone that you have to wear starter earrings in them for 6 weeks to keep the holes from closing up.

GypsyKaren

Kiera
10-06-2005, 10:52 AM
Try Claire's, I found several pair I really liked there. You can find it at any mall at least around here...
Kiera

Donna
10-06-2005, 11:32 AM
I'm wearing a beautiful pair of imitation pearl earings that I bought at Filene's yeaterday.

Donna

gender_blender
10-06-2005, 12:56 PM
Walmart, Claire's or eBay has them. I have a ton of hoop earrings that show no trace of being the clip-ons that they are. Simple yet real-looking, inexpensive and easy to use.

Charlie

Karren H
10-06-2005, 08:48 PM
Ladies,

Anyone know where I can get some good clipon earings that look classy and femme, but not like my grandmothers? Most of the ones I have found are gaudy.

Ebay! Bought 50 pair of vintage clip-on and screw-on earrings for an average or 80 cents each, in lots of 8 to 12! Some were junk but most were keepers! Mostly estate sale stuff and some nice dangly ones, too! Another good place is flea markets! Lots there at reasonable prices!!

Luv Karren

sm1else
10-08-2005, 10:39 AM
I gave up looking for clip-ons and started to convert them myself, the decoration on most dangly earings are attached via a small loop to the actual earing itself and you can remove the decoration and attach it to a clip-on.
Studs can have the bar removed and then be stuck on with clear nail polish
and so on

katie36
10-08-2005, 05:36 PM
got mine from ebay, one pierced the rest clip ons.

Rachel Ann
11-10-2005, 03:50 AM
I am lucky enough to live in an area where earrings on men are nothing remarkable. Nor is long hair. :D I'm not too sure about coloring (I'm about to find out) and styling is definitely pushing the envelope. But, this is a very live-and-let-live area, for the most part.

If you get your ears pierced (which doesn't hurt, really!) just don't go to one of those places where they use the "gun", especially at the mall. The staff usually don't know how to make the holes symmetrical, sanitary conditions tend to be nonexistent, and the healing studs are very flimsy and apt to come off in your sleep.

Contrary to how it may seem, your best bet is a place that also does tattoos and other types of piercing. There you will find experienced workers and meticulous sanitary conditions. And, you have a wider choice of studs with durable backings. (Gold is the best choice for healing).

Good luck!

S. Lisa Smith
11-10-2005, 08:55 AM
I'm a lawyer and go to court frequently. I just got my ears pierced after many years of clip ons. Cliptomania has some great hoops that look real, but if you can, get your ears pierced. I got my left pierced first and got a really small stud and put a bandaid over it. If you think no one will notice- WRONG. Anyway, I took my kidding and let it heal for two weeks and started using ear ring protectors which insert in the holes in your ear and keep them from healing. Clair's at any Mall for under $4.00 for 8. You clip off most of the flaired end, stick them in your ears and no one will notice (if they do, they are spending too much time looking at your ears!). I then did the right ear, covered the stud with a bandaid (for a week) told everyone who asked that a friend had bet me $100 that I wouldn't do the right one. So now I have pierced ears and I love them! The "diamond" is magnetic.