PDA

View Full Version : My Father’s Day gift from my Daughter

Barbra P
06-20-2011, 05:55 PM
I received my Father’s Day gift from my Daughter today, a pedicure. The pedicure took 45 minutes and I walked out with beautiful orange-red nails. I could get use to getting pedicures real easy.

Cynthia Anne
06-20-2011, 11:12 PM
That's so sweet! A daughter like that deserves a BIG hug!

NathalieX66
06-20-2011, 11:21 PM
Sounds like a no-brainer.
Pedis are fun!...everyone knows that.
It shouldn't matter what side of the gender fence you're on. ....stuff looks good to me on anyone. :)

steph1964
06-21-2011, 02:37 AM
Babs,
I'm glad to hear that your day with your daughter went so well. My wife took me for my first pedicure last week, but without the polish.
Now I know why she gets them so often.

Barbra P
06-21-2011, 08:09 AM
My only regret is that she paid about twice the going rate. The Salon is small, two pedicure stations and two manicure stations, but it has a high Yelp rating. It’s tuck away in an older, sort of out-of-the-way section of San Diego. All they do is manicures and pedicures, no artificial nails, but at $35, plus a $6 or $7 tip it is quite a bit higher than most of the rural neighborhood salons. I talked to a couple of neighbors and both said they pay $15 plus a $3 or $4 tip, and that includes everything I received.

While I enjoyed the experience, I have to admit that I was a bit apprehensive not knowing what to expect or what was coming next. I think I would have felt more at ease if my Daughter had scheduled both of us at the same time. That way she would have been in the station next to me rather than some woman I did not know, with my Daughter across the room, pretty much out of the picture.

I was really surprised when my Daughter mentioned on the way home that the pedicure was sort of my Wife’s idea. My Daughter had been thinking about having me go for a pedicure when my Wife suggested that it would make a good Father’s Day present. For those who don’t already know, my Wife is a long way from being supportive, although every once in awhile she does something that totally surprises me and lifts my spirits, generally followed by saying something that just utterly depresses me.

I’m counting this Father’s Day as one of the best.