PDA

View Full Version : What the hell

Davinia
10-05-2005, 01:21 PM
Why do we have to hide? All I want to do is wear womens clothes and occasionally pretend to be one. I'm not a pervert. Why should society make me feel like one???

Wendy me
10-05-2005, 01:26 PM
thats just it you don't have to hide ... it's a choise thingy ......for what ever reason you might have,............

britney1
10-05-2005, 01:26 PM
I am right with ya on that one. It doesn't make sense. I had somewhat of a conversation with my wife about this last night. She asked if I had ever worn womens clothes, and rather than sayin, "yea, I wear them all the time when you aren't home", I said, "i'd be lying to you if I said that I didn't before" And her response sums it up. "That's just wierd". So I asked her to define wierd, and she said "Well, not normal", so naturally I asked her to define normal. We never actually got anywhere with it other than I cracked the closet door for the first time. But I think her views are shared with others. We are "not normal" and "wierd" to those who don't understand what its like to show both sides of your gender personality.

gender_blender
10-05-2005, 01:51 PM
You don't have to hide; it is indeed a personal choice. Go out dressed as a female if that's what you want to do.

Charlie

GypsyKaren
10-05-2005, 05:54 PM
I always hid because I thought people would hate me and throw rocks at me. Well, I've been coming out more and more, and it just hasn't happened. I go out, and if I'm made and someone has a problem with it, I say tough luck. I'm gonna do what I want, you should do the same.

GypsyKaren

Natalie x
10-05-2005, 06:23 PM
It's not just a perception, we are regarded as odd by "society" and, in it's extremes, their behaviour towards us can be unpleasant, even threatening. Only education can change that, eventually.

To those of us for whom it is a way of life, a gender statement, the desire to get out and act freely can be overwhelming. Some of us are able to say "accept me as I am", but many others cannot do that, either because of their location, or family situation, or work demands, or because they simply cannot face possible ridicule.

Debbie Kong
10-05-2005, 07:28 PM
Why do we have to hide? All I want to do is wear womens clothes and occasionally pretend to be one. I'm not a pervert. Why should society make me feel like one???

Society thinks I'm a criminal because I smoke pot.
Society thinks I'm a psycopath because I own guns.
Society thinks I'm crazy for riding a motorcycle.
Society thinks I'm perverted for Crossdressing.
Society hates a rebel and for that we must suffer.

Debbie

Sarahgurl371
10-05-2005, 08:08 PM
Cuz most people need a label or a category to put others in. And because we are different than the majority, we will be ridiculed for that difference. But we do ultimately have the choice to be put in that category. Whats it worth to me? Scared me just join this site! Hope someday clothes don't matter, just like the saying "the clothes don't make the man". But if the clothes didn't matter, would I still wear them?

Missy
10-05-2005, 11:54 PM
what is normal and if someone saids we are weird they are weird too for they might be doing or wearing someting the others might think it not normal. I may not have gone out much in full dress but I do wear bras under my shirts and there are time other can tell that I am wearing a bra but do not say anything about it.

Missy

Billijo49504
10-06-2005, 12:31 AM
A couple weeks ago, Iwas out dressed, and went to Walden Books. A lady, NO a GG, She doesn't deserve the lady thing, made me. She told me I should be ashamed. I asked her how she could say that, seing as she was a cross dresser too. She looked at me funny, I told her I noticed which way her shirt buttoned, you have on a mens shirt!!! She turned red and walked away. Must be the truth hurts.

Gunda
10-06-2005, 12:47 AM
Hi All,
Agree with everything everyone's said about being a crossdresser. I recognize that many people deem this activity "weird" I just remember that it is a part of me and that I don't want to hurt anyone but just want to be left alone to be me as a grown, well-adjusted adult. I don't "force" my CDing on others, nor do I give others trouble about their harmless eccentricities - so no one else need give me any grief over mine.
Debbie, I identify with you. I'm both a gun/militaria collector and a CD so even before CDing hit big with me I already had one "socially unacceptable" hobby. I learned from that first hobby long ago to accept my interests, and who I am, and not worry about what "society" thought. Nice sentiments on this thread.

Best,
Gunda

obsessedwithpantyhose
10-06-2005, 12:49 AM
we have the small minded, bible thumping, hypocrites to thank for this being the most sexualy repressed place on the planet

HaleyPink2000
10-06-2005, 01:28 AM
Well Friday I'm going to drive from Illinois to missouri to try on a poodle skirt outfit . I have sent the store e-mails asking about trying on the clothing etc. They have mailed me back saying there is no problem with me trying on the poodle skirt outfit. So for me it will be a ride there dressed en femme, and home with the new outfit for another 3 hours.

What does anyone really care?
To be honest they don't, if you
don't.

Haley:)

Tiffy
10-06-2005, 06:24 AM
what is normal and if someone saids we are weird they are weird too for they might be doing or wearing someting the others might think it not normal. I may not have gone out much in full dress but I do wear bras under my shirts and there are time other can tell that I am wearing a bra but do not say anything about it.

Missy

Normal is just an illusion.
Kisses, April

maryjanecapri
10-06-2005, 01:46 PM
in reading on everyone's view of how society sees us i have to confess that a lot of times i'll look at other cross sections of society and say "i don't get them." or "that's an odd bunch." but that doesn't mean my feelings are malicious. it just means i don't understand them. i think some of the people in society who do look at us as "odd" or "wierd" just don't understand us. there's no harm in that. and in a way we are a bit "odd" and "wierd". biggest difference is, i would guess, that most of us celebrate our "odd-ness" and "wierd-ities".

but just because a group of people thinks you don't fit in or you're not normal doesn't mean you have to follow their ideas. so long as you are not hurting anyone or breaking any laws - wear what you want. if someone wants to say something - it's their right. so long as they don't do harm to you.

just my 10 cents (.02 cents with added inflation)