PDA

View Full Version : Ever noticed how life for some reason always finds a way to kick you in the butt.

Pythos
06-21-2011, 12:37 AM
So as you all know I have been getting out in my fem mode. For the first time my full fem self has stepped outside my house. It has been an interesting experience, and I have hoped things will only get better, more fun, and possibly lead to finding the one.

Well, there are several events I would like to go to. The trans march for one. I was thinking of going dressed as my fem version of Catwoman (unless that is missing the point entirely, then I would come up with something else). There is a gaming get together that might happen, and so on and so forth.

So now what is happening? All these events seem to be taking place at times I am either working or in the air getting lessons! This is just so annoying. Last year I wanted to attend a big Anime convention in my Mana Cosplay, but WORK prevented that (I work 7 days a week curently).

This Monday I wanted to attend my second DVG, but my mom needed someone to pic her and my brother up from their trip to Nebraska.

I cannot hold that against my mom, it is not her fault, but the timing is something to grouse about...though it does not good.

I don't want this to get ruined by lousy timing, like so many other things I have enjoyed!!!!. I know a big factor in the wreckage of my thing with the GG was due to my always working, and her not being allowed in the house.

My favorite Goth club also occurs on Monday nights.

This has got to stop sometime. Or is this yet another way for the great maker to make me aware that it hates me. LOL

Kathi Lake
06-21-2011, 01:58 AM
Ever noticed how life for some reason always finds a way to kick you in the butt?only if you view it that way. :)

Here's how I se it; you have a goal. A goal that takes a lot of flight hours, which takes a lot of cash, which takes a lot of work.

Remember, short-term sacrifice for long-term gain. That's my mantra, anyway.

:)

Kathi

Danni Renee
06-21-2011, 03:16 AM
Oh yes, do I know the feeling. Wrok right now is really infringing on my dressing too. I am trying to leave Korea to go back to the states but breaking free is not proving to be easy :( And since I am staying with family that I have not come out to yet it is going to be really hard for about a month :( :(

As Kathi said you have a goal and you are working towards it. It is not easy but will be worth it in the end. All you can do is take it day by day and enjoy the opportunities you do get, when you can get them.

Danni

suzy1
06-21-2011, 03:25 AM
If you are as passionate as I am about flying then that one doesn’t count Pythos.

Hugs, SUZY

erickka
06-21-2011, 05:28 AM
Who knows....You may end up being a modern day Amelia Earhart after it is all said and done. Hang in there....things always have a way of working out.

Karren H
06-21-2011, 05:37 AM
More like what you have to do or need to do getting in the way of what you want to do... Everyone's life is full of haves and wants... Its life as we know it. Imho.

TxKimberly
06-21-2011, 06:54 AM
only if you view it that way. :)

Here's how I se it; you have a goal. A goal that takes a lot of flight hours, which takes a lot of cash, which takes a lot of work.

Remember, short-term sacrifice for long-term gain. That's my mantra, anyway.

:)

Kathi

I'm with Kathi! You are working hard to achieve something worth doing, and are sacrificing for it right now. Sooner or later you will get it done and can return to a more normal work life.
Look at the flip side too - how much fun would you be having if you were unemployed and so had no income to pay for these things you would like to do?

Iskandra
06-21-2011, 07:22 AM
I know a big factor in the wreckage of my thing with the GG was due to my always working, and her not being allowed in the house.

If she was the right one, she would have stood by you regardless, She would have understood!
And a little thing that took me decades to work out.. The harder we look, the more desperate we seem, the less we attract... Forget the ggso, be and do as you do.. If you build it (you) she will come.. cliche but true..

And geez.. work all you want, commit to anything you want! But allow yourself the one monday night a week to treat yourself! Just make it clear that monday nights are your time! You will be surprised at how many people understand and accomodate!

Cynthia Anne
06-21-2011, 08:26 AM
When life kicks, it's time to kick back harder! A positive attitude gets things done! A negetive attitude lets life win!

Cynthia Anne
06-21-2011, 08:27 AM
:)When life kicks, it's time to kick back harder! A positive attitude gets things done! A negetive attitude lets life win!

Tina B.
06-21-2011, 08:33 AM
To many hours at work, there is a lot of girls on here that would just like to have a job, don't think I could complain to loud at that one. As for all the rest, it's just a matter of priorities, after all there is just 24 hours in a day. I think I would just under dress and learn to fly that plane, then someday, you can be the pilot in the dress! You young ones want it all now, we all did, but with patience and time, you can have it all!

RachelOKC
06-21-2011, 10:28 AM
So as you all know I have been getting out in my fem mode. For the first time my full fem self has stepped outside my house. It has been an interesting experience, and I have hoped things will only get better, more fun, and possibly lead to finding the one.

Well, there are several events I would like to go to. The trans march for one. I was thinking of going dressed as my fem version of Catwoman (unless that is missing the point entirely, then I would come up with something else). There is a gaming get together that might happen, and so on and so forth.

So now what is happening? All these events seem to be taking place at times I am either working or in the air getting lessons! This is just so annoying. Last year I wanted to attend a big Anime convention in my Mana Cosplay, but WORK prevented that (I work 7 days a week curently).

This Monday I wanted to attend my second DVG, but my mom needed someone to pic her and my brother up from their trip to Nebraska.

I cannot hold that against my mom, it is not her fault, but the timing is something to grouse about...though it does not good.

I don't want this to get ruined by lousy timing, like so many other things I have enjoyed!!!!. I know a big factor in the wreckage of my thing with the GG was due to my always working, and her not being allowed in the house.

This has got to stop sometime. Or is this yet another way for the great maker to make me aware that it hates me. LOL

We missed you last night but there will be plenty of other socials. Dividing your time between social, work, and family is just something that you have to deal with and won't always work out in favor of what you want to do v. what you have to do. There are plenty of people who don't have any of those to choose from so this is where we get to count our mixed blessings I suppose.

Re: Trans March. Same thing...if you can make it, great. If not, then there will be another next year and the year after that. I worked only a few blocks away and still managed to miss it for several years.

Oh, and if you dressed as Catwoman...it would not be a problem. Like the Pride Parade, you see a bit of everything.

Let me know if you are planning on going so we can meetup somewhere. Seems like I'll have a good number of friends there this year.

Pythos
06-21-2011, 11:16 AM
Please, don't get me wrong here. I am well aware that my goal is definitely well worth it, once I get this rating and all goes well my life should quite literally take off. But right now it just feels like it is slogging down a long soggy runway.

My point of contention was how annoying it is to find something new, and due to circumstances really beyond my control I may not be able to enjoy them. Also working 7 day weeks is not letting me get other things done. My poor old beetle is in need of much attention, but I have not been able to work on her. I was just barely able to get the Mini a new set of feet. I think the other point of annoyance I have is I am working like this, and have little to show. Money is always an issue, I do not make much, despite my hours. The time at the flying club goes towards the aircraft rental, and it is not on a 1 hour for one hour deal, but more like a 10 hr for one hour. It is the best deal in town, but it still stinks.

I know things will get better, it is something I have been told all my life. I have paid much kharma, the pay back should be grand. I can only hope.

You young ones want it all now, we all did, but with patience and time, you can have it all!
This is such a true statement. But you know, when you are the "young one" it never seems that way. This seems to be a never ending quest. I want to get signed off for my checkride this July. There are many reasons for this. 1) So I can experience what it is I need to do 2) So I can keep my residence 3) so I can keep flying in my life. If I don't get the certificate this July I will have to find a new place to live, which will mean not having the money to pay for further lessons, and having to get a higher paying job. Yes I might be able to land a job that pays more to where I can also get the CFI finished, but this economy does not bode well for that.

So, wanting to have it all. Actually it is, I would like to keep what I have, and be who I am.

Frédérique
06-21-2011, 01:38 PM
I work 7 days a week currently...

How do you have time to write all these lengthy posts, and respond to the replies? :eek:

You could see it that way, or see it another way. I don’t believe there are ultimate truths about anything, and we are not subject to the whims of a supernatural presence – ultimately, we are responsible to ourselves, where the supernatural being resides. It’s easy to look outside of yourself for something to blame, but, at the end of the day, you’re gazing at the reality of the situation when you see your face reflected in a mirror...

Lately I’m having trouble with my artwork, getting stuck on images that do not excite me as they used to. However, I know I can overcome these difficulties, because I’m the one who got me into this mess – after all, I’m the one who went down this path in the first place, seeking the answer to an idea that interested me. In this regard I am the “great maker,” and I feel I can DO IT, whatever it is. I hope you get some time “off,” Pythos, because it sounds like you really need it!

“Dig me... but don’t... bury me.” (A. Belew) :thumbsup:

Pythos
06-21-2011, 09:18 PM
I may work 7 days a week, but not 24/7. The issue is, the times I have off are often when things are not happeneing. LOL.

The times where I have to myself are limited to maybe two hours a day. My pic taking you will notice has decreased greatly. I may make a set a month, except for the outing pics, and those were rushed. LOL.

To work on the Beetle, the type of work that needs to be done are 8 hrs at least, but my beetle is also a working vehicle. LOL.

docrobbysherry
06-21-2011, 10:27 PM
Here's what it IS, Pythos:

Unlike SOME of us, u have a LIFE! (Outside of dressing, that is!)

Maria Blackwood
06-22-2011, 01:27 AM
Who knows....You may end up being a modern day Amelia Earhart after it is all said and done.

Er... lost at sea mid flight? o.O

Pythos
06-22-2011, 01:43 AM
Ouch Maria. But sadly true. This is one of the things that is commonly forgotten when saying "you could be the next Amelia Earhart" to aspiring female pilots. It is sad she was lost, and not really a bonus. There have however been many great female aviators, but they are marginalized by our male centric culture.