PDA

View Full Version : Look for insight

wendy68
06-21-2011, 03:27 PM
Hi Girls--I havent written in awhile but was going thru the final stages of divorce over the past 6 months starting back in October. I guess i just shut down to just about everything around me. Well im feeling better but know i still am healing from it. Now living alone in the house that me and the ex shared for 20 years. Ive got a good new job after being unemployed for 4 months minus the hour and half commute. Ive noticed that ive not had the urge to dress as much although the 12 hour shifts may have something to do with that. I have however been almost numb to what i wear outside of my work enviroment--meaning on the weekend--i typically have on a female top -shorts/jeans and sandals with my toes painted showing as well as my nails done--even at work i keep my nails long and manicured. I was lucky at work in that my supervisor is for me and saids that it anyone gives me a hard time to just tell her and shed take care of it. All these things like my body being shaved and smooth-my nails and toes--things that id never have the nerve to do in public i do now without thought or care but at the same time i dress less often..Have any of the girls had this happen to them. I guess i dont understand whats happening to me--Thanks Wendy:)

Alice Torn
06-21-2011, 03:46 PM
Sorry about the tough divorce, Wendy. I don't dress as often either. When i lived with roommates, I could not wait for a chance to dress, but, now that i have my own apartment, i think a lot about doing it, but, am too tired, depressed, or lazy, to do it more than once or twice a month. It takes a lot of work for me to get all fixed up. You have more guts than me, having nails painted up at work!

Nikki A.
06-21-2011, 03:49 PM
If this is what satisfies you and keeps you happy and sane, then what is the problem?
Nobody says that you need to go all out, unless that is what you want. I'm at home alone now and sometimes a top and skirt or shorts is all I need. No wig, make up or bra needed.

Kathi Lake
06-21-2011, 03:55 PM
Wendy, you are no doubt still grieving over your past. That's OK. That's normal. That's as it should be. Don't try to rush it. Your pretty clothes will still be right where you left them.

:)

Kathi

wendy68
06-21-2011, 09:35 PM
Thank you all for the insights--and yes i should just let things happen as they occur--it is a major turning point

Cynthia Anne
06-21-2011, 11:44 PM
Wendy! Take it slow! You will heal! When the time is right you will again be the pretty girl you have always been! Hugs!