PDA

View Full Version : My first bashing ( or attempt of)

~Seana~
06-21-2011, 09:26 PM
So tonight is summer solstice, the wife is a pagan, so we went down by the Ottawa river to sit and she was working on her rituals. We'd stopped at another spot but I didnt feel comfortable. Something was telling me it wasnt right, and I said as much to Tobie my wife . About that time this girl comes up with us, and starts pestering to give her a cigarette. We said no but then I think my wife gave her one at this point.We then got and left,andmoved about a 1/2 mile upriver. About 30 minutes later my wife is set up for her riitual andwe are enjoying...when this girl and two large male companions approach againasking for a cigarette.We clearly say no and to please leave us alone. The male starts screaming this guy is gettinghis dicksucked leave him alone and the girlis going batshit screaming at my wife and she spit in her face.
It was at that point I picked up the 10 inch cermonial blade from my spouses gear and they left shortly after.
I'm shaking as I write this
They ,mistookmy wife, who is genetically female and was in a dress at the time, as a gay male and kept referring to her as him. She wasnt presenting in any way as male, though she identifies partially as such. That alone has amusing value I think if I could stop shaking long enough

Seana

Pythos
06-21-2011, 10:01 PM
Those people clearly had problems. The woman most likely gets beat up by those two males ( two more examples of the type of male I absolutely loathe). A ten inch knife should scare most sane people off...or have them draw their guns.

Does your wife look like a male then? How were you dressed?

~Seana~
06-21-2011, 10:17 PM
I had on a girl top and off white khaki style cotton pants. i had no forms in but dont always need them, and my long hair and clean brows are a bit of a giveaway, I know i look feminine in general now it doesnt matter what i wear really.

They were intoxicated. It was only our refusal to react to their taunts that kept us alive. The backed away pretty quickly so I'm thinking they saw the knife and got out of dodge before they bit off more than they could chew.

Seana

Melody Moore
06-21-2011, 10:35 PM
I am so glad that you stood your ground when people realise how serious you really can be
& that you won't back down then they will often have second thoughts. I can't guarantee
that I can win every fight, but there is a very good chance that if they attack me then I
will be doing my best to ensure they go to hospital with me where we can sort it out with
the cops later. So this wouldn't be the first time in my life this sort of thing has happened :heehee:

Hope
06-21-2011, 11:39 PM
I really don't mind the people who giggle and stare, or even the idiots who think it is ok to take photos (and frankly there are not enough of those to loose sleep over) - the people who piss me off are the ones who make me keep pepper spray in my purse.

~Seana~
06-22-2011, 07:21 AM
i'm still having anxiety attacks the next day. so I stayed home from work. I think it will be a long time before i feel comfortable going around anywhere, at least, unarmed. the capstan is actually good idea, carries a lower risk of self injury and a greater chance for getting the frig out safely

Starr
06-22-2011, 10:55 PM
when ever i think of someone confronting me i always think of what Atlanta GA.'s Drag Queen Charlie Brown said about it.. "guys when it gets down to it, you got to remember, i am just a big old country boy in a dress... and i will kick your a$$..

Melody Moore
06-22-2011, 11:08 PM
Drag Queen Charlie Brown said about it.. "guys when it gets down to it, you got
to remember, i am just a big old country boy in a dress... and i will kick your a$$..

LOL

Amanda, a bit over a month ago, I had a confrontation with a guy who tried to get violent & attacked me.
But despite getting on top of the situation as soon as he tried to attack me & coming through this event
without getting hurt, the incident shook me up & upset me a fair bit because I really don't like violence &
am truly scared of seriously hurting someone in self-defence because I have been trained to fight. So even
though I won this round without killing the guy I had to go talk to my therapist before I started to feel better.
Something is happening to me where I cannot tolerate violence at all anymore, maybe it's the hormones &
when something like this happens, it can really be unsettling for me now I have noticed.

darla_g
06-23-2011, 12:05 AM
all i could think of when i read this was yes you were in Canada, they were obnoxious and probably though they could mess with you until they saw the knife. In the US you always have to worry about some deranged person who has a gun. The US is pretty scary that way.

donnalee
06-23-2011, 07:09 AM
all i could think of when i read this was yes you were in Canada, they were obnoxious and probably though they could mess with you until they saw the knife. In the US you always have to worry about some deranged person who has a gun. The US is pretty scary that way."What kind of a fool brings a knife to a gun fight?" - Sean Connery in "The Untouchables"

I know what you are feeling; I've been there, got robbed and spent the next 2 weeks sleeping (or trying to) on the sofa with a loaded 9mm because they had my address and might come back (I didn't want to disturb my SO). The shakes will continue for a while; how does your SO feel? I'm sure she was affected as well; comfort her as best you can. This will continue for a while, but not forever. Have hope.
Donna

Hope
06-23-2011, 11:29 AM
when ever i think of someone confronting me i always think of what Atlanta GA.'s Drag Queen Charlie Brown said about it.. "guys when it gets down to it, you got to remember, i am just a big old country boy in a dress... and i will kick your a$$..

I have always thought "Now boys, remember what I did to my testicles - and take a moment to imagine what I will do to yours" might be effective. If nothing else it will startle them for a second and give you time to get the pepper spray out of your purse. Because you DO all have pepper spray in your purses right? RIGHT?

Longing2be-Trisha
06-23-2011, 11:56 AM
Hi Amanda!

Sorry to hear about what happened to you. It is sad that men and women can so cruel just to feel better about themselves. A bully no matter the gender or number of them what you to be afraid so they can feel good about what they do, but if you stand your ground no matter what happens and continue live life the way you always do and report the incident to the authorities their control is gone.Even the most courageous person is afraid but does what is right in the face of that fear and over comes it. Hope you and your wife are doing better.

HUGS

Beth-Lock
06-24-2011, 01:01 AM
That is a scary story for me. I had a guy ask me for a cigarette at a lookout along the Ottawa River Parkway once, but though annoying, he did not seem too threatening. But I do get the uncomfortable feeling that people stopping you and asking for a cigarette are sometimes sizing you up, perhaps for a mugging. They certainly can get closer to you that way than you might otherwise allow.

Melody Moore
06-24-2011, 02:27 AM
But I do get the uncomfortable feeling that people stopping you and asking for a cigarette are sometimes sizing you up, perhaps for a mugging.
This is the same tactic often used by muggers here in Australia as well so I never carry
cigarettes or anything of value where it can be see or where it taken from me without a
fight. Usually if I am asked for a cigarette I smile while telling them "Sorry, I don't smoke"
& just keep on walking. If they try & stop you, then make the excuse you are meeting a
friend who is looking for you just up the street & you are running late. If they know that
you are not alone & have a friend close by in the area this also might make them think
twice about attacking & robbing you. How you carry a purse can also make a difference
in how you are sized up, you are more likely to have a purse stolen from your hands than
to have a handbag with a strong strap torn from your shoulder. The purse in your hands
occupies a hand & can make it harder to defend yourself if you are not trained in self defence
& know what to do & use the purse as a weapon in that type of a situation. A hand bag with
a solid shoulder strap is harder to take from you & can allow you to use both hands without
the risk of dropping your purse. A handbag can be used to conceal other weapons including
Mace or Pepper Spray. When a stranger approaches you, then you just slip your hand into
your bag & get your weapon ready just in case things do go really bad.

Jay Cee
06-24-2011, 05:54 AM
Amanda, I am really sorry you had to go through that. :hugs:

...Because you DO all have pepper spray in your purses right? RIGHT?

Alas, it is not legal to carry pepper spray in Canada. Unless you carrying it to protect yourself against bears or other wild animals.

linda allen
06-24-2011, 06:33 AM
Any person has to pick where he or she goes in many parts of the world, male, female, crossdresser, gay or whatever. Especially at night. The "thugs" have taken over parts of many cities and towns and having cars,and expressways has allowed them to broaden their areas. Nightime of course, is even worse.

Females, small or elderly males, and those who appear to be gay or transexual are at a higher risk for being robbed or attacked. Some gangs require their prospective members to engage in random acts of violence.

In many areas, law enforcement has lost control of these thugs. The get arrested, post bail, and are back on the street in just a few hours.

It's a shame, but the only safe thing to do is avoid the areas. If you don't resist, you get attacked, robbed, maybe even raped. You are afraid to go to the police because you are dressed in "drag" and don't want your story and photo in the newspapers or on TV. If you resist and stab or shoot someone, the police will get involved and it's the same situation. "Drag queen shoots robber, film at eleven."

There are areas in my city that are full of tourists in the daylight, but I wouldn't go there in drab, much less dressed, once the sun goes down.

Nicole Erin
06-24-2011, 01:00 PM
seems like problems with idiots are more common now than once were..

On the good note - at least idiots are easy to detect.

The problem with thugs and losers is - they are not just angry or whatever, cause that would be easy to diffuse. A lot of these thugs are mentally ill.

Hope
06-24-2011, 10:33 PM
There are areas in my city that are full of tourists in the daylight, but I wouldn't go there in drab, much less dressed, once the sun goes down.

Welcome to being a woman.

It's not right, it's not even OK, but it is how it is.

~Seana~
06-25-2011, 10:04 AM
Well as an update to this, the female of the group was spotted at a bus stop immediately outside our apartment.

I havet made a report,because it's a waste of time . Ottawa police are undertrained, have no resources and will not help. Sorry but been there done that.

Capstan ( pepper spray) is legal to own in canada. You can o

purchase it at major sporting goods stores. It's not legal to use as a self defense weapon but is legal to carry for dog attack and ANY weapon is legal to use if your life is threatened as in this case and in my opinion is safer to have than a firearm.There's lots of dogs in Ottawa I have a restricted weapons and concealed weapons permit ( not so easy to get in canada ) and am well versed on weapons laws, even if I almost never carry. I hoped never ever to have to use that knowledge.

No doubt I need to talk to a therapist about it, but if I cant afford one for my transgender issues, I wont be able to for this. There is ONE psychiatrist in ottawa who does consultations without a referral and hebelongs on the couch far more than i do.

Seana

Fab Karen
06-25-2011, 08:44 PM
Sounds like creepy people who would've acted the same towards anyone they encountered alone like that. You're lucky they didn't have a gun. Sadly you have to be very careful running across people out in the countryside.

Beth-Lock
06-26-2011, 03:14 PM
No doubt I need to talk to a therapist about it, but if I cant afford one for my transgender issues, I wont be able to for this. There is ONE psychiatrist in ottawa who does consultations without a referral and hebelongs on the couch far more than i do.
Seana
Yes it is hard to get good psych therapy in Ottawa, just ask me how I know. Everybody is extremely overbooked.
Time is the great healer. At least it is free.