PDA

View Full Version : Are you more self conscious dancing dressed as a male or female?

Stefia S
06-22-2011, 01:53 AM
It occurred to me that I'm more self conscious dancing when in boy mode than girl mode. Once I danced in female mode, I realized that when in boy mode, I've been worried my dance movements were too feminine. When I dance dress as a female, I feel more free. How about others?

AllieSF
06-22-2011, 02:32 AM
For me it is neither. Once I get up enough courage to dance, I dance like no one is watching me. That is the only way to dance.

DAVIDA
06-22-2011, 04:41 AM
I quit drinking over twenty years ago!:thumbsup:
Therefore, I quit dancing at the same time!:heehee:

joanna4
06-22-2011, 04:46 AM
I'm a dancer so I do what I would normally do as a guy.

Kate Simmons
06-22-2011, 04:57 AM
I dance feminine in either mode but don't care, it's all part of who I am and my self expression. The only difference is the choice of costume.:)

Cynthia Anne
06-22-2011, 08:39 AM
When I'm dancing it's because I'm so drunk that this self is barely conscious!!!!!!!!

Sophie86
06-22-2011, 09:32 AM
Assuming it's something I can dance to, I am less self-conscious about dancing when I'm en femme. I guess that's because I'm in full-on exhibitionist mode, and actually want people to look at me.

dilane
06-22-2011, 09:55 AM
I've done 90% of my dancing, and nearly all my dance lessons as Diane. Taking lessons en-femme is great fun!

When I'm in the "other" mode, I have to be very careful and think about what I do. As Diane, it's simply automatic and unself-conscious.

the_me
06-22-2011, 10:07 AM
I'm way more self conscious in male mode actually. Dancing never felt natural to me, and like Cynthia Anne seems to, I as well have to get pretty tore-up to even set foot on the dance floor. As Celes, I don't mind it so much at all... then again, as Celes I pretty much feel like I can do anything really, so that's no huge surprise.

silhouette
06-22-2011, 12:03 PM
It occurred to me that I'm more self conscious dancing when in boy mode than girl mode. Once I danced in female mode, I realized that when in boy mode, I've been worried my dance movements were too feminine. When I dance dress as a female, I feel more free. How about others?

I agree with this. Girls don't have to worry about being too masculine when they dance.. moving around and shaking your hips is hard to look masculine

SweetIonis
06-22-2011, 12:20 PM
Personally I see no point in dancing if I can't express myself. If I can't express myself, I don't dance. Nobody's paying me money to do it. That said, I have been out with females and danced although I didn't feel like it. But I had a larger goal in mind. And that dancing in itself was also an expression of the mood I was in.

Karren H
06-22-2011, 12:51 PM
For me it is neither. Once I get up enough courage to dance, I dance like no one is watching me. That is the only way to dance.

Except for my wedding day.. The last time I danced was out at the Half way bar on the road to Painsdale and Onteonogon with some local yoooper chick who was going to teach me how to polka!! Lol. Sound familiar, Eha?

AllieSF
06-22-2011, 01:59 PM
I used to dance around the my married housing kitchen in Daniel Heights at dinner time waiting for the pasty to warm up when they only played polka music on the local station at that hour! I don't know why I could never get my wife to dance with me?

Karren H
06-22-2011, 03:43 PM
I used to dance around the my married housing kitchen in Daniel Heights at dinner time waiting for the pasty to warm up when they only played polka music on the local station at that hour! I don't know why I could never get my wife to dance with me?

Ohh yeah!!! . I was in DHH for 4 years ... And loved it when Polka Rondevue came one the radio!! God I miss pasties!! Over in Hancock at Kelevalas

Kate Simmons
06-22-2011, 04:42 PM
As an added point, while I have just as much fun dancing either way, I do seem to "get away" with much more dancing en femme. Perhaps it's because others are seeing a "woman" dancing as opposed to a man.:heehee:

MsKimiko
06-22-2011, 05:15 PM
i love to dance.. i am a very good dancer as a male if i may say so myself.
i am still practicing dancing as a female. i end up just swaying my hips and doing a sexy look almost like a stripper LOL
still need to work on it hehe

SweetIonis
06-22-2011, 09:03 PM
Like a stripper?

I thought that was just the way girls danced! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sissystephanie
06-22-2011, 09:12 PM
As bad a dancer as I am, the clothing doesn't make any difference!!

Alice Torn
06-22-2011, 09:25 PM
Never have danced with anyone else, dressed up. Only have danced as a bloke. Would like to try it at least one time. My problem being so tall, is most of the gg's i danced with were a foot shorter than me. Looking forward to seeing what it is like to be the supertall lady, dancing with shorter blokes! I just hope the music is tolerable. Good music seems to have gone the way of the Dodo bird.

Pythos
06-22-2011, 09:32 PM
Depends on how short my skirt is. LOL.

Honestly, I am a horrible dancer. Self consciousness would preclude from dancing at all in any mode.

Well as far as freedom of movement is concerned, women have once again more latitude in this area. They can move their hips in very enticing ways, they can move their arms above their heads (I do this forsaking this stupid unwritten rule), and other sensual moves that men for some reason are not encouraged or allowed to do.

It is very fun to spin while wearing a loose flowing skirt.

Jamie Burton
06-22-2011, 09:50 PM
I am decidedly not a good dancer and am very much aware of it when dancing as a man. I am, however, much less self-concious about my dancing abilities as a woman and really enjoy dancing. There have been times when I've been the only person on the dance floor and I honestly didn't care, I was enjoying myself so much.

NathalieX66
06-22-2011, 10:41 PM
I anm not a good dancer in any mode BUT I do want to try flamenco dancing in a long dress and flamenco shoes at some point. Now all I have to do is find me a good instructor who will teach me while I'm en femme....olé!

donnalee
06-23-2011, 12:38 AM
Neither. Clumsy as a hippo in waders. I was forced to acknowledge this at an early age when, in ballroom dancing class, (this was in an era when Arthur Murray was still a big deal) girls fled my approach like doves flee a hawk. I also learned that it was more profitable to play music for dancers rather than be one, hence my first (and longest) career.

t-girlxsophie
06-23-2011, 07:25 AM
For self conscious read S**T ,as a guy Im clueless with two left feet,Funny though I tend to dance pretty well en femme,not sure why that is

Sophie

JiveTurkeyOnRye
06-23-2011, 10:02 AM
The few times I've been out in full femme to TG nights like "Club Shine" here in LA, the one thing that I actually really loved about the experience was the dancing. I definitely will say I get much more into dancing as a girl than I ever do as a guy. For sure I feel less inhibited but also, it's just a lot more fun to dance with a swishy skirt or with my legs showing off. I'm sure I look like a uncoordinated rhino but I just don't care.

Jane G
06-23-2011, 02:10 PM
I used to dance Nothern Soul, Rock & Role, Disco Break Dance, whatever was around. I would put the time in and learn the moves and I loved it. Did't matter to me how I was dressed I just love dancing. I do dance very differently when dressed, I used to practice for hours to make sure all of the subtle little mannerisms were right, in a way it was and is just the same as learning any new dance style, these days I obviously dance a lot less, but I still have no worries about who might be watching or judging I just tune in to the music and dance the same as when I was 15, it's just less energetic. Let your self go girls.:)

Sarah Michelle
06-23-2011, 02:44 PM
I've never danced en femme. It might be very interesting. As a male, well, I had a dance instructor tell me that; clearly, I wasn't hearing the same music as the rest of the group. Then she suggested I sit or leave.....

Billie Jean
06-23-2011, 06:48 PM
i love to dance.. i am a very good dancer as a male if i may say so myself.
i am still practicing dancing as a female. i end up just swaying my hips and doing a sexy look almost like a stripper LOL
still need to work on it heheI'll bet you look sexy when you dance. I move my hips like a girl when I'm all dressed. I think all girls have a tendency to move "like a stripper", its a genetic thing. Billie Jean

PretzelGirl
06-24-2011, 11:29 AM
I am self conscious when I am barefoot and dancing across a hot beach. Doesn't matter the mode. But any other kind of dancing is something I haven't done since my teen years.

PrettyFlowingGown
06-24-2011, 05:52 PM
I cant dance as a male at all, have no rythem. As a female I'm great at it, I just let it go. I wear twirly long skirts when I go out dancing and I love it. I feel beautiful. Women and men have danced with me. I've even dirty danced with a few hot guys too.

Cheryl T
06-24-2011, 09:25 PM
Male for sure. I feel awkward and gawky. I feel like everyone is looking at me and laughing.
Cheryl on the other hand loves music and swaying to the beat and is totally unaffected by that same feeling.