PDA

View Full Version : anybody know of active cross-dressing sites for younger people?

Breannah
06-22-2011, 05:19 PM
i don't mean to insult anybody on here, but everybody does seem to be along the over 40's age scale and i find it preety imposible to relate to things people talk about. i joined this site kinda hoping to find people like myself (under 25 preety much completely normal lads who also crossdress) and haven't seen virtually any on here. Just wondering if anybody knows of any sites where there are more younger people who aren't so serious and thoughtful about crossdressing like a lot of these forums are. Just feel even though i am a crossdresser i really don't belong here. ty in advance xx

Erika_bagels
06-22-2011, 05:30 PM
Hi, Breannah. Lovely picture. I'm a bloke from across the pond who's exactly your age. Maybe we can team up and... I don't know, um... talk about dresses together :D

KellyCD
06-22-2011, 06:31 PM
I know exactly how yu feel. I don't feel like I belong here either(and this place still creeps me out with some of the threads). Unfortunately we're kinda "stuck" here. As I don't really know any other place on the web for us that isn't used solely for sex.

Sallee
06-22-2011, 06:39 PM
While I may not be young I certainly don't take cross dressing seriously I find it fun and I like to laugh and get out and about. Serious not me. I think you may be reading to much in to the posts.

VioletJourney
06-22-2011, 07:01 PM
I'm in your age group! We also have a 18-25 section on this website, a lot of the young members post almost exclusively in there.

Presley
06-22-2011, 07:06 PM
Hello there, I am having fun dressing up my man. But having a lot of problem making my manly man look sissy . We do it for fun and pics just between us at home.
I have gone to You Tube videos and everyone one uses A LOT of make up.

Does anyone have tips for us.
It would be appreciated.
Thank you, Presley.

Pythos
06-22-2011, 09:59 PM
well, I am 38, but feel much younger, and according to many look it. LOL. But what is it you wanna talk about anyway. If you posted more you may find similar minds.

cd_in_de
06-22-2011, 10:16 PM
i don't mean to insult anybody on here, but everybody does seem to be along the over 40's age scale and i find it preety imposible to relate to things people talk about. i joined this site kinda hoping to find people like myself (under 25 preety much completely normal lads who also crossdress) and haven't seen virtually any on here. Just wondering if anybody knows of any sites where there are more younger people who aren't so serious and thoughtful about crossdressing like a lot of these forums are. Just feel even though i am a crossdresser i really don't belong here. ty in advance xx

I remember feeling the way that you do. I am 33 now, but I remember not being able to fight the urge to CD at 18. As you get older, you will understand where us older CDs come from.

Miranda09
06-22-2011, 10:26 PM
Hi Breannah...as some have said, maybe you're reading too much into some of the threads. Post some threads with your thoughts, questions or anything else that comes to mind and see what happens. You may be surprised. Tho there are those who are very serious about dressing, there are many here who just indulge for the fun of it, to explore this "hidden" side of us, regardless of age. As for myself, I'm not here to change the world or start a movement. I'm just here to share photos, experiences, and to understand myself a little better.....and to have fun, which I AM having!!!! Stick around...I think you belong here, if you'd like to! :)

AllieSF
06-22-2011, 10:32 PM
Here is a current thread by an 18 year old. http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?155637-Ladies-I-would-appreaciate-the-help. There are more than you realize here. But you will need to network to find and connect with them, because they come and go. Good luck. And us old foxettes can teach you a lot too.

Jorja
06-22-2011, 11:03 PM
I may be older than dirt. My first boyfriend may have been Moses. I may have altered my body to fit the gender I need to be,,,, but I'm still young enough to have fun with it.

donnalee
06-22-2011, 11:36 PM
I may have grown old, but thank whatever deity there is, I still haven't grown up! :battingeyelashes:

darla_g
06-23-2011, 12:18 AM
You know I think to get acceptance you need to give acceptance. Yes there are threads that I can't relate to and some do creep me out too, but you're implying that everyone a bit more experienced than you can't relate to you. You may be surprised that some of the people that you've written off as "old" are actually your age and normal? what's your definition of normal?

jacinta1234
06-23-2011, 12:48 AM
As mentioned earlier there is the young members forum on this site for 18-25 year olds u could also do a quick google search breannah

April Renee
06-23-2011, 12:51 AM
Breannah,
Just a few things. Firstly welcome to the club. Secondly like Miranda suggested post some threads of your own, let us get to know you and your thoughts. Help us to help you. Lastly remember that we ALL have birthdays and get older.
A

Babeba
06-23-2011, 01:00 AM
I used to go on the forums at gaia.com fairly often, and I recall that there was a thread on their lifestyles board that was all sorts of trans issues, I think it was called 'trans-tastic.' I'd be quite surprised if there wasn't a young crossdresser population on that board somewhere as well, besides those who post in the trans-tastic thread.

ameliabee
06-23-2011, 01:47 AM
Tee-hee. I was on Gaia for the longest time. Had too much fun with dressing up my avatar. ^^;

But, really, this site is great, and the insights of older members can be useful. I just get kind of squicked sometimes with less than passable pics with old people in them, and some of the writings smell of senility, but those are rare.

Vickie_CDTV
06-23-2011, 02:11 AM
Maybe I can function as an intermediary of sorts here. While I am 34 and probably considered old enough to qualify as "old" by 18-25s, I have been involved in the TG community since I was 19, back in the early days of the Web and the beginning of the enormous growth of the TG community.

When I was under 25, there was little in the ways of young people involved in the TG community (by that I mean involved in groups, community activities and events and so on.) It was difficult to meet others much less find someone my own age to do things with. Today, based on what I have seen on this board, it seems as if things have not changed much unfortunately.

However, if you have any thoughts, questions or concerns why don't you air them here? While I am a bit older, I have been in your situation and I have a great deal of experience in my youth as a crossdresser in your age range that I am more than happy to share.

joanna4
06-23-2011, 02:26 AM
I'm in your age group so don't worry:)

CharlotteCD
06-23-2011, 04:13 AM
We need more members in the 18-25 section..

Jorja
06-23-2011, 06:27 AM

I'll send out the Transtroopers to round some up :heehee:

Tina B.
06-23-2011, 08:04 AM
Have you tried the 18 to 25 year old room at cross dressers.com, I would think it was like this place, just for the younger set. But even with the age difference, I think we have more in common, than not. And with a group this size if you can't find someone here to relate to, I'm not sure another site would be much better. Most are just sex sites anyway.
Tina

NicoleScott
06-23-2011, 08:39 AM
There are lots of young cd's here. Those of us who aren't were once young crossdressers, and may be a valuable resouce to discuss personal issues with someone who has been there, done that. That's the good news. The bad: you'll be old some day.

KellyCD
06-23-2011, 03:49 PM

Sorry I got too old for ya! I'm 28

kendra_gurl
06-23-2011, 03:59 PM
Keep in mind that everyone here was 18 at some time and most off of us felt exatly the way you do now so just ask a question or make a thread about what you need help with. I promise to take out my false teeth so my bite wont be quite as bad.

Eryn
06-23-2011, 05:19 PM
I only wish that when I was 18 I had as good an understanding of CDing as I do now!

While half of us are in the 50-70 age group, almost all of the others are in the 20-50 age group, which means the younger groups are not as sparsely populated as you might think.

However, I remember that from the perspective I had when I was 20, 30 was considered old. This limited my possible friendship group to those from 18-30, a range of only 12 years. Now, from the vantage point of 53, 30 isn't all that young and 75 isn't terribly old. That gives me potential friends in a range of about 45 years, a much wider field!

So, the word is to expand your horizons! Jack Weinberg's may have said "Don't trust anyone over thirty," but there is a lot to learn from us Olde Folkes. :)

ClaireB
06-23-2011, 10:05 PM
I'm 18 here, so I feel your pain. PM me if you happen to find a site.
Thanks

gungho
06-24-2011, 02:36 AM
While there might be something to learn from older folks it is hard to relate to the older members on the site. At least that is the case for myself. I don't mean that as a mean thing it's just a generational gap where we might agree on something but on a lot it's just not gonna happen.

Erika_bagels
06-24-2011, 03:33 AM
I used to LOVE GAIA!!! I had a female that I explored things with, named PorkChop Sandwiches. I also used to run a waffle bar called AskFog's bar & Griddle (had multiple personality disorder back then), which was a Cheers-like bar that served waffles and such as well as alcohol. It was great, until it got overrun by vampires, because on certain days I'd serve blood waffles... Then the werewolves came... ;-;

Jorja
06-24-2011, 05:23 AM
Got to watch those werewolves they are a rowdy bunch.

Engendered
06-24-2011, 05:47 AM
I am sort of curious what kind of topics you'd prefer to see here. :)
Or what specific attitudes you can't relate to. I think singlies might have trouble relating to those in long term relationships, outies might have trouble with closeted innies. I think circumstance is more of a dividing influence than age itself. Having said that, I *have* spent a lot of time with the newest generation of T-folk in chatrooms, and they're much more confident/brash/insulting/playful/sexually explicit on average than this website is.

Karren H
06-24-2011, 10:55 AM
I'm not offended your so friggin young!! And I wish I was 40!! Sigh.... We may be old dinosaurs but we have all been where you are and have a lot of knowledge as a group to share.... You young whipper snapper! Lol.

silhouette
06-24-2011, 11:45 AM
I'm in your age group! We also have a 18-25 section on this website, a lot of the young members post almost exclusively in there.

Which of course I am too old for!! Even though I'm in my 20s. So you all have to do without my pleasant society

Erika_bagels
06-24-2011, 12:36 PM
Tell you what, I turn 26 in 6 months. I don't want to get a foothold, put down roots, make a lot of young friends, then have to not talk in the same topics as I used to. Is there another way we could do this? :3

Engendered
06-24-2011, 07:26 PM
When you turn 26, they kick you out of the clubhouse without so much as a t-shirt. :cry:

(now I'm curious if there's an actual thriving young sub-culture here)
*goes off to build her own clubhouse*

Erika_bagels
06-24-2011, 07:36 PM
*waves after Engen* I want in! We could call it the He-Man Womin Haterz Club lol

Aeva
06-24-2011, 07:48 PM
Truth is, largely for generational reasons, the younger folks here do and will lead very different lives than our wonderful elders here. An obvious example is the difference of coming to terms with your identity when you're in college verses when you've been happily married for a significant amount of time - and have children and a real career. Different problems, same cause. Also, attitudes differ significantly between age groups, as do social norms. The young member's section exists because of that; being a minority in the culture of this forum, it helps to have a quieter place to talk about whats on our minds. You should really consider joining it if you are in the appropriate age range.

And, yes, you can't stay once you're 26... that really isn't as bad as it sounds. You can still keep in touch - through other means - with people you've connected with there. There is no rule saying that you can't use the rest of the internet to keep in touch with friends you meet here.

Tracii G
06-24-2011, 08:05 PM
Age differences can be a good thing as far as help with things but I totally understand where you are coming from.
Search around the site there are lots of people your age here.
I may be an old fart but I don't feel or act that way in real life.

silhouette
06-24-2011, 11:55 PM
When you turn 26, they kick you out of the clubhouse without so much as a t-shirt. :cry:

(now I'm curious if there's an actual thriving young sub-culture here)
*goes off to build her own clubhouse*

And it's not fair. My female side is still under 25 =p

donnalee
06-25-2011, 02:04 AM
"When I was 20, I was embarased by my father's ignorance; by the time I was 25, it was amazing how much the old man had learned." - Mark Twain

I was taught to respect my elders; by spending the time to try to learn what they knew, I saved myself a lot of grief later on. Try to mine their experience; you do not have to do what they say, but it's a shame not to listen to it.

Jess Marie
06-25-2011, 02:28 AM
The only thing that sucks about the 18-25 is there are not many posts. I often just post in the main forum because there is not much going on in our own little group. We would love some new people to come in and start posting

jetta
06-25-2011, 02:43 AM
Keep in mind that everyone here was 18 at some time and most off of us felt exatly the way you do now so just ask a question or make a thread about what you need help with. I promise to take out my false teeth so my bite wont be quite as bad.

Good one Kendra.....LOL

SabrinaDubh
06-25-2011, 11:13 AM
I can understand where the OP is coming from. When you're in your late teens to early 20's it can be tough to relate to older people. And while I at 40 don't consider myself old, and can now see how quickly one goes from 20 - 40, when you're 20, 20 years is a LIFETIME. Not only that but people naturally want to hang around with their peers. They will have common interests like music, movies, and books, experiences, etc.

To the OP: Sometimes, when you can't find the community you are looking for you need to start it yourself. As others said, start some threads, peruse member profiles and friend people in your age group, send PM's and get to know each other. Check out the 18 - 25 forum as was suggested. Also, please don't think that those topics you want to avoid are the norm for us 40+ CDers. Believe me, I have zero interest in what color panties some dude is wearing, or whether or not some people cheat on their wives with men while dressed. I just don't read those threads. I only read and respond to threads that interest me and are worth my time. This is a big forum with a lot of people, you're going to have to wade in and search for what you are looking for, but it's worth it. When you have a fun group of good friends to CD with it is a blast!

Good luck on your quest. I hope you find some good friends!

eluuzion
06-25-2011, 03:15 PM
hiya B,

All I know about is a few fun places to play like these...

http://www.freegirliegames.com/
http://getfun.co/playgame/1117/*******-shell-game.html

Hey, if you do not have any luck, I could build you a CD clubhouse in my backyard! :D

I have a big imagination for a "grown up" and I am pretty good at building bizarre projects... I built my daughter & friends a two level "stilt-house" with a trap door & dumb-waiter & sky bubble roof (star watching). It also had a slide from the second story so you could slide down into the pool on ground level (until the pool collapsed, lol). :thumbsup:That was at the old house.

I bought her a car at 16, she did the age appropriate thing and disappeared from my visitors log. Now she is 18 and will be off to Arizona for college. She said she is worried about me and my wild projects, because the neighbors will now figure out I've been building these things for myself instead of for she and her friends, lol. (I just finished cutting a round hole in the sundeck floor boards so I can slide down a pole to the inside of the screened-in patio below, instead of using the deck stairway.):heehee:

You "kids" talk it over. It's just an option to consider if nothing pans out on the younger hang-out "search"...just give me ring on my tin-can-string-phone out on my sundeck!

Ok, time for me to get back to being a responsible older adult...

Quick question...do you think I should use my 3" tall "Gumby" as a target in my family room "pellet rifle shooting range" tonight, or just post my jury summons and use the state seal as the "bullseye"? Ah, nevermind...you just concentrate on having fun while you are still young! You will have to make these adult decisions yourself soon enough in life, just like I do now.

I hate being an adult sometimes...so many important decisions to be made each day...:sad:

Hey, you could just start your own Junior CD forum or website! Of course you might need an adult chaperone, supervisor, mentor, advisement engineer, bouncer, troop leader, third party affiliate or something like that...
hint, hint... I am actually very good at "start-ups", lol

Anyway, good luck and don’t worry...
Wal-Mart will think of something...

HaveFun/BeHappy:hugs:

Auntie E,
(the adult eluuzion):love:

Jorja
06-26-2011, 10:16 AM
I am headed over to Eluuzion's house to try out the, what was it, stripper pole?:heehee:

donnalee
06-28-2011, 09:56 AM
Quick question...do you think I should use my 3" tall "Gumby" as a target in my family room "pellet rifle shooting range" tonight, or just post my jury summons and use the state seal as the "bullseye"? Ah, nevermind...you just concentrate on having fun while you are still young! You will have to make these adult decisions yourself soon enough in life, just like I do now.

I hate being an adult sometimes...so many important decisions to be made each day...:sad:
No Gumby, but I did make one out of a picture of the sleaziest of our many sleazy local politicians; this jackass had mailed potholders (the kind for cooking) to his potential constituents with a picture of himself and a campaign slogan. I overlaid a 10 meter bullseye target and emailed it to some good friends, reminding them that, although I viewed it as a political statement, if it was used in public (say a rifle range), it might be considered "threatening a politician", a felony in this state (why a politician's life is more valuable than that of a citizen has always puzzled me; shouldn't someone supposedly dedicated to public service be willing to stop a bullet for one of us?). I still have one I shot @ 15 meters w/ a Feinwerkbau Mod. 65 air pistol; ~ 1.5 in. group for 20 shots.

Morford
06-28-2011, 08:07 PM
27 here, and a little bummed that I found this place a little too late to really get into the 18-25 club. But like the others have said, start posting—either start your own threads or add to ones that interest you—and you'll find people who can relate and offer advice. There are a lot of folks here.

Loni
06-28-2011, 08:36 PM
ah to be a young * again.
at one time we were all in your place, hang around a while, post up your thoughts and remember at some point in time you will be over 30.

can i trade my self in for a couple 22 year old's? what fun i could have as twins :-O.

Loni

ilana
06-29-2011, 01:51 AM
I'm in your age group and can hopefully join the 18-25 group once I get enough posts on the main site. I'll leave the ancient ones behind forever haha.. oh.. until I'm 26 in a few years. Hmmm maybe I shouldn't ignore them entirely then.

Flickr is a good site to meet people on. The problem is you get lots of creepy admirers with really disgusting closeup pictures of... but you can block those people, and I've met some pretty cool people there.

eluuzion
06-29-2011, 05:58 AM
I am headed over to Eluuzion's house to try out the, what was it, stripper pole?:heehee:

The answer to that question depends upon who is sliding down it...:D

No Gumby, but I did make one out of a picture of the sleaziest of our many sleazy local politicians; this jackass had mailed potholders (the kind for cooking) to his potential constituents with a picture of himself and a campaign slogan. I overlaid a 10 meter bullseye target and emailed it to some good friends, reminding them that, although I viewed it as a political statement, if it was used in public (say a rifle range), it might be considered "threatening a politician", a felony in this state (why a politician's life is more valuable than that of a citizen has always puzzled me; shouldn't someone supposedly dedicated to public service be willing to stop a bullet for one of us?). I still have one I shot @ 15 meters w/ a Feinwerkbau Mod. 65 air pistol; ~ 1.5 in. group for 20 shots.

I am just a wild & crazy amateur hoping there are no ricochets into my hanging glass shades, :heehee:

I use a Crossman Storm XT rifle w/scope & Beretta hand gun w/laser. I usually just tear out pages of my daughter's old picture story books, staple them to the padded fireplace wall and shoot all of the little animal characters from the steps of my stairs on the opposite side of the room. I told you I was an amateur...:D

Oh, and sometimes I throw the dartboard darts at them too, hehehehe.

donnalee
06-30-2011, 05:49 AM
The answer to that question depends upon who is sliding down it...:D

I am just a wild & crazy amateur hoping there are no ricochets into my hanging glass shades, :heehee:

I use a Crossman Storm XT rifle w/scope & Beretta hand gun w/laser. I usually just tear out pages of my daughter's old picture story books, staple them to the padded fireplace wall and shoot all of the little animal characters from the steps of my stairs on the opposite side of the room. I told you I was an amateur...:D

Oh, and sometimes I throw the dartboard darts at them too, hehehehe. Oh! So YOU'RE the one who shot Bambi's father!
If you want to avoid damage to the glassware, a free swinging piece of heavy sheet rubber or canvas behind the target will function very well as a pellet stop (not so much so for the darts).
My own setup is a kitchen table with a spotting scope and a target in a .22 bullet stop perching on a ~4 ft. post in front of my rear fence. This way I can sit in my kitchen table and shoot at a 15 meters for 20 rounds at a time. It also allows me to shoot weak hand if I want and cuts noise down so low the loudest sound is the pellet hitting the trap.

Aeva
07-10-2011, 12:26 AM
I'll leave the ancient ones behind forever haha.. oh.. until I'm 26 in a few years. Hmmm maybe I shouldn't ignore them entirely then.

Hahahahahaha oh snap :D

*ahem*
Looking through your posts so far. If everything looks good, then we can move on to the part of the membership process where we slather you with honey and have you defend yourself against a bear attack. No, not that kind of bear...

ChelseaGuitar
07-10-2011, 04:11 AM
A dedicated "young crossdressers" forum wouldn't be that hard(maybe abit expensive) but the problem would be moderation, we'd have to have young people who would willing moderate it.

Seems somewhat unlikely, but I'd probably give it a go :P

Jessica86
07-10-2011, 09:53 PM
There's a lot of younger people on here. Most don't talk much. I dont mean to offend, but the people you are refering to have more experience than we do in this matter. I just turned 25, and theres quite a few people here who helped me get where I am. To me, age doesn't matter. I have friends here.

lynn_lynn
07-10-2011, 10:12 PM
ahum.. Im 41 turning 22..

Barbra P
07-10-2011, 11:05 PM
Hi Breannah

Check out the “Young members – 18 - 25 (Invitation Only)” forum: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=pf#faq_ym_18_25

BiancaEstrella
07-12-2011, 05:13 AM
I joined this site right after I turned 26. I'd have appreciated a chance in the Young Members thread. Any chance we can slide the age limit up to 30?

No?

'kay.

*spins purse around on wrist*