PDA

View Full Version : Just some observations from a fairly new girl.

Brynn_A
06-23-2011, 07:34 AM
Hi y'all! I joined a few weeks ago and have recieved some wonderful help and insight from many of you. I'm sitting here this morning on the back deck in a flowing linen skirt and a pink camisole. I've got on a cute pair of sandals and just a hint of eyeliner. As I sit here, I'm reflecting on may threads, ideas and thinking that I have read here and just want to toss in my two cents. Granted, being a single girl, I have some advantages but having lived in the same house with the same neighbors for nearly 15 years has it's drawbacks. Please don't misunderstand any of this as I am not bashing, nor judging anyone. My only purpose to to first indulge in a bit of self-love and possibly spark a conversation.
Let me start by saying that when I joinedabout 3 months ago, I was a confused, guy. I wore a typical male haircut with a goatee. I strived to be the typical "manly-man" in everything I did. However, circumstances aligned to allow me to begin to re-explore what had made me happy so many years ago, long before I moved to this area.
So..what has changed in my 90 days? Well, first, my hair has grown out to a somewhat "pixie" cut which I plan to turn into a short "bob". I've shaved my goatee, arms, legs and chest. I've had my ears pierced, my eyebrows threaded and adopted a much more feminine walk even in guy mode. I wear shorts while the weather is nasty hot here in NC, I apply a nice scented moisturizer everyday and have just started with a dot of my perfume no matter what the occasion. I wear clear nail polish to work and even a hint of mascara on my days off.
All of these things have gone completely un-noticed, with the exception of a pair of new 1/2 carat square cut earrings, which a longtime friend mentioned looked quite nice on me. He didn't ask when I had gotten them done by the way.
I think what I want to say here is this. I see many of you struggling with questions and wondering what the neighbors/friends will think. My experience is..they'll not even notice. I'm quite sure that living where I do is not a huge factor as it is a fairly conservative city in a pretty conservative state. I guess maybe it's the fact that I personally have arrived at the conclusion that I do not care..just want to finally be me that has allowed this to happen.
Anyway, just my ramblings for today. I'm hoping to begin to be more active here and learn so much more from all of you. Thankyou one and all for just being you. May we all always strive to be the best "us" that we can be.

Brynn

cd_in_de
06-23-2011, 07:50 AM
I came out as a CD on my real (non-femme) Facebook Wall about a week ago. While nobody clicked to "like" it or comment on it, nobody unfriended me or said anything nasty. In short, nobody seemed to care! :)

Cynthia Anne
06-23-2011, 12:37 PM
It sounds like you are really beginning to except yourself! I'm happy for you! Hugs!

Jessica Brynn
06-23-2011, 11:25 PM
I see many of you struggling with questions and wondering what the neighbors/friends will think. My experience is..they'll not even notice.

I understand the intent of this message, however I do disagree slightly.

People notice. Everyone notices. Some judge. Some do not. Therein lies the difference.

Sara Jessica
06-24-2011, 08:16 AM
I understand the intent of this message, however I do disagree slightly.

People notice. Everyone notices. Some judge. Some do not. Therein lies the difference.

I agree with Jessica 1000%.

You are making a lot of moves in a short period of time. I understand you are inspired but I hope you have thought things through for a bit longer than 90 days. Seems like you are on a slippery slope of sorts. I always recommend much more measured steps but regardless, good luck.

Tina B.
06-24-2011, 08:44 AM
Glad it's working for you, some of us just aren't that secure, I know my oldest son and is wife don't miss much, and I've had others that said things, I was not ready to tell the truth about, but if it's working for you, have fun with it.
Tina

PretzelGirl
06-24-2011, 12:34 PM
I will second (third?) the comments about no one noticing or caring. Maybe everyone doesn't notice or care, but if we move forward assuming that is the case, you may be moving too fast. Remember that sometimes it is because people won't touch it with a ten foot pole. It depends on their comfort level with the subject and if they feel they can bring these types of subjects up with you. So don't let silence get you moving too fast. But if something is on your to-do list, do it by all means. It is your life. Just don't interpret silence as approval by all. And maybe, just spread things out a little more if you are unsure.

Brynn_A
06-28-2011, 06:58 AM
Hi everyone.
As I reread my post and some of the comments, I think that I forgot to mention something. Well, actually a couple of things. Mainly though, it was more as an encouragement to the ones whole may be struggling with one small change..perhaps shaving their legs..possibly getting their second ear peirced. I personally have reached the stage that while I'm not going to just randomly tell people that I know, were someone to ask I wouldn't hide it at all either.
I'm not really pushing any major boundaries at work, in all honesty, it would be difficult for me to do so. I met a lovely girl a couple of weeks ago who used to work at the same store that I do. She is a MtF going through transition now and had only good things to say about my employer during her time there.
So, I guess maybe my intent and my phrasing didn't really match up as well as it might.