PDA

View Full Version : Love this time of year, boots and longer sleeves

tifftg
10-05-2005, 07:44 PM
I just love this time of year, fall in the Midwest is a wonderful time when the sleeves get longer and the boots (especially high heeled) come out. It seems that the women I work with take fashion a little more seriously in the fall. Am I the only one who notices this or cares????????

Tiffany

Missy Anne
10-05-2005, 08:02 PM
Hi Tiffany,

We really like colder weather for the same reasons and notice also. Dress seems much more elegant on the average. That is the way my wife and I both like to dress. Also the fashion choices at the stores are much more to our liking.

Missy Anne

TGMarla
10-05-2005, 08:12 PM
For some reason, I'm not much into boots. But I love sweaters. Yessss! It's getting to be sweater season!

GypsyKaren
10-05-2005, 08:57 PM
Boots! A big yes to boots. I just bought two pair at Payless, one leather and the other suede. Can't wait to wear them.

GypsyKaren

Katrina
10-05-2005, 09:17 PM
I love boot season as well...plus nylons are much more enjoyable when its not as hot out. :D

Angela Burke
10-05-2005, 10:59 PM
I just love this time of year, fall in the Midwest is a wonderful time when the sleeves get longer and the boots (especially high heeled) come out. It seems that the women I work with take fashion a little more seriously in the fall. Am I the only one who notices this or cares????????

Tiffany
Hi Tiffany,
Yeah I love long skirts and boots!
Love Angela XX

Fallen Angel
10-05-2005, 11:20 PM
your right fall fashoins are a lot better than spring and summer fashions i think and love to shop for boots never can have enough of those xxxx

Rachel Morley
10-05-2005, 11:44 PM
Well, at the moment here in California the temperature is still in the upper 70's to mid 80's but in the next couple of months it's going to get cooler and so I will get to wear lovely sweater sets! Hooray!

Also Marla has just bought me some really lovely black leather ankle boots with a 2 inch heel. She's told me that she thinks I should wear them with my girly jeans in guy mode. Fantastic!

Christy02
10-05-2005, 11:52 PM
I love boot season as well...plus nylons are much more enjoyable when its not as hot out. :D

ah yes gotta love those nylons at school today i saw like so many girls and teachers wearing them i was so happy

Billijo49504
10-06-2005, 12:37 AM
Sure is boot and sweater season. Got 2 pair of boots from Payless and got 2 new sweaters from Fashion Bug. Turtle necks, with scarfes to match. Cold front coming Thur or Fri, So I'll be able to try them out. Just don't want snow, yuck!

HaleyPink2000
10-06-2005, 01:34 AM
I like the idea of long sleeves because I hate my arm hair. Absolutly hate it.
It's mostly silver or gray but I still hate it. When I tried to take it off with nair it caused the hair roots to become inflamed and I had red spotts for a month. So I am so liking the idea of cooler weather. Also I like the shoes insted of sandals thing.

Haley:)

Missy
10-06-2005, 01:46 AM
yes I love the fall weather long sleave and go with a layered so bra lines do not show and nylons well keep legs warm

Missy

Wendy me
10-06-2005, 06:54 AM
did some one say boots??? yes i love them too and fall shopping is all ways a good thing ....but i am soooooooo going to miss summer ....dressing light and
tanning out side.....

jo_ann
10-06-2005, 06:55 PM
let's see, shaved legs, painted toenails, no sweaty makeup.. yeah this is a pretty good time of the year.

jamie_44
10-06-2005, 08:45 PM
Yes, this is the best time of the year for dressing. I can stay dressed much longer in the fall than the hot muggy summer where the make up fades fast.
Can't wait to go out in the boots again!

Lilith Moon
10-08-2005, 06:41 PM
I have a "thing" about raincoats and boots. So, roll on the rain and wind :)

Missy Anne's GG
10-08-2005, 08:40 PM
Hi Tiffany,

I get so excited at this time of the year! Fall and Winter are my favorite seasons (Missy Anne's too!).

Yeah for boots! I want to get Missy Anne a pair of ankle boots. I think they look so sexy.

Missy Anne's GG

Nicole_Lasmedias
10-08-2005, 09:25 PM
I hate fall and winter:( We had bad snow storm on wednesday... and it shutdown whole town. Snow is horrible, I wish I never see it again:D

Francine
10-08-2005, 09:48 PM
Hi Tiffany,

I'm new here so this a new experience for me in this forum.

I like the fall and winter, probably because most of my femm wardrobe has been purchased in the fall and winter..with sweaters..and longer skirts.

I tend to get out more in the fall and winter too. Even though I don't like icy roads either.

Francine

tifftg
10-08-2005, 09:55 PM
I see we are the same age, ok I will be 51 on Thursday, but we share the same style. Glad you have joined us, hope to hear more from you.

Hugs,

Tiffany

Francine
10-09-2005, 12:51 AM
Tiffany,

Thank you, and happy birthday!. (early).
Yes, I like the "career girl look" and as a photographer, hope to post few pics sometime, especially of the LBD I just bought today. I'm still learning the tricks of this place, so bare with me.

And thanks for the encouragment.

Francine

"Flatter me and I may not believe you. Criticize me and I may not like you. Ignore me and I may not forgive you. ...Encourage me, ... and I will not forget you"

windycissy
10-09-2005, 12:56 AM
I'm with you! In fact, before I started to polish my nails and shave the hair off the backs of my hands and fingers, I could only go out in the cooler weather, when I could wear gloves. I still love the colder weather when I'm not shaving, it is so much easier to pass.

Sarahgurl371
10-09-2005, 09:14 AM
I too lov the fall fashions, tall boots, flowing skirts, and 3/4 sleeves,mmmmmmm. But theres something to be said for spring fashions too. And i guess summer fashions as well. Oh wait, I do like the winter fashions too. guess i'm just a girl who likes to shop.

gennee
10-09-2005, 09:23 AM
Tiffany:

Autumn is my favorite season, too. This is my first autumn as a crossdresser. I am a sweater and skirt person, so there are many styles and colors to choose from. Boots are fascinating and I will give them a try. I am putting it all together now.

Gennee:)

tifftg
10-09-2005, 10:41 AM
Tiffany:

Autumn is my favorite season, too. This is my first autumn as a crossdresser. I am a sweater and skirt person, so there are many styles and colors to choose from. Boots are fascinating and I will give them a try. I am putting it all together now.

Gennee:)

go for it girl, would love to see photos, long skirts, boots, so awesome.
hugs
tiffany

ladyfydiana
10-09-2005, 10:44 AM
I have to agree Nicole I hate winter,cold and snow.:mad: Give me weather that I can wear my skirts and pumps.:)

Diana

Kimberly
10-09-2005, 11:56 AM
I love this time of year. I see it as the time of the year when fashion is taken a little more seriously... and it's just nice! :)

My advice this season: Plum is in, and ofset it with some nice browns and beiges... Tights are dark coloured, and knee-length boots (not leather!!) are great with a wedge heel.

It's more of a formal look this season, so all you older ladies: go out and shop!! you'll look better than us younger ones ;)

xx

MsEva
10-09-2005, 01:59 PM
I like the idea of long sleeves because I hate my arm hair. Absolutly hate it.
It's mostly silver or gray but I still hate it. When I tried to take it off with nair it caused the hair roots to become inflamed and I had red spotts for a month. So I am so liking the idea of cooler weather. Also I like the shoes insted of sandals thing.

Haley:)
:iagree:
Me too Haley..feel like a chimp sometimes! Actually I have little body hair, but oh gosh how I was giftes (cursed) with arm and leg hair. I much prefer a long sleeved long skirt look!

Deborah
10-09-2005, 02:06 PM
I shave the hair off my arms so its nice to have an excuse to wear long sleeve shirts...die everytime i went out in long sleeves in the summer.:rolleyes:

MsEva
10-09-2005, 02:14 PM
Yeah Amy, but how hot does it really get in Washington in the summer?:D