PDA

View Full Version : Santa Cruz or San Jose?

L'eggs n' heels
06-25-2011, 05:42 PM
Been on here for a week and it has changed my life for the better. I've checked out this site for years and read posts. I've been on all the binging and purging and guilt associated with it over the years as I'm sure most of you have. I think right now I am the most accepting and embracing I've ever been.

I am in a difficult time in my life right now, I'm going through a heartbreaking divorce and feeling much grief and I need all the support I can get from like minded people. My former wife was very accepting of my dressing up earlier in our relationship, back in the mid 90s, but people change over time. With her I could only dress up at home with all the curtains closed, which can be confining and take a lot the fun out of crossdressing.

I have minimal clothing after my last purge a year ago so I need to get more in plus sizes, I'm 6 foot 4. I purged when my daughter was a year old, she's almost two now. I was going through a lot of mixed feelings about things and I didn't want my daughter embarrassed in any way. Before a week ago I hadn't dressed up in 2 1/2 years and hadn't gone fully femme for over six years. I tried to quit but I was kidding myself so I'm coming to terms with it all again.

I would like to attend events in the Bay Area and meet other CDers to help me cope with what I'm dealing with.

I've come out to a few people but not many. Hopefully in time and with help.

Anyone near Santa Cruz or San Jose.

larry
06-25-2011, 05:56 PM
Best of luck. I am sure there are many new friends to be found in your area.

L'eggs n' heels
06-25-2011, 06:01 PM
Best of luck. I am sure there are many new friends to be found in your area.

Thank you. I'm sure I will find them in time.

satin n lace
06-25-2011, 06:58 PM
Hi there i just came out to my wife and we live in Fresno. I just joined this group out of the bay area. i just hav'nt had the right time to go out yet and we would love to met some people around the area soon for friendship and talk

Debglam
06-25-2011, 07:02 PM
Hi,

Check out the Diablo Valley Girls which I believe are close to you and if you don't mind travelling, the River City Gems have events up in the Sacramento area. Their events are a blast! There are a lot of girls from this forum in your area too.

Good luck,
Debby

AllieSF
06-25-2011, 07:26 PM
Hi L'eggs,

There are several Bay Area TG groups. I think that there are some in the San Jose area too. San Jose has Carla's, which is a small store and meeting place on Race Street off of I 280. They sell some things and do electrolysis and maybe laser there. They also have lockers with 24 hour access and have a meeting area where they hold regular meet ups for those you want to attend. It is a good place because you can change there. Another place is I Love It Girl (.com) which also has periodic meet ups in the Fremont area. There is a strong contingent of Tgirls in the South Bay area. Some go to Tinker's Dam on Mondays where they used to have drag shows. Niyah Blake from this site lives in that area and can tell you what goes on down there better than I can. I have only attended one I Love It Girls meet ups a couple of years ago.

Coming North to the San Francisco area you have the Diablo Valley Girls (DVG),as mentioned above, who meet up twice a month on Mondays in Walnut Creek at a small almost hidden gay bar. One group is TGSF and Carolinoakland from this site is a member there, I think. I belong to a TG/GG meet up group that meets in Oakland and San Francisco in local bars, so it helps that you have been out of the house to go to this one. I also go to some River City Gems activities and special events in Sacramento (also mentioned above). This is an excellent group to belong to because they have good monthly socials and a lot of other special events, including periodic outings for newbies who need some help. It is a very supportive group with CD's to TS's, including wives and SO's.

I also recommend that you look at urnotalone.com. They have a very active chat room where you can chat and meet people and also block rude admirers. The good thing about this site is the list of members in your area. I have met several people from there and enjoyed their company when going out in Bay Area. Tomorrow I will go with two TS friends from there to watch the Pride parade in SF. So, you are getting more recommendations. The key here for your success in meeting your objectives is to be proactive to meet new people, network with them and others to establish your own group of compatible and complimentary friends. Some filtering will be needed, but you are definitely not alone in this world and are fortunate enough to live near one of the most accepting and proactive locations in the USA. Good luck and maybe we will eventually meet up somewhere.

L'eggs n' heels
06-25-2011, 07:50 PM
Hi there i just came out to my wife and we live in Fresno. I just joined this group out of the bay area. i just hav'nt had the right time to go out yet and we would love to met some people around the area soon for friendship and talk

Glad you have a supportive wife, that's worth more than gold.

Sedona
06-26-2011, 08:27 AM
Although I haven't lived in the area for a couple of years, I second Allie's recommendation of Carla's in San Jose, without reservation. Lovely people, they can help you with networking.

stefanie
06-26-2011, 01:38 PM
this is a great site to get ideas and thoughts... many of us have faced similar issues and probs. I live in Bay area also... I want to move to SCruz :)

L'eggs n' heels
06-26-2011, 02:40 PM
Although I haven't lived in the area for a couple of years, I second Allie's recommendation of Carla's in San Jose, without reservation. Lovely people, they can help you with networking.

I checked out the Carla's website, pretty cool, a facial makeover would do me good. Make up is the one thing I need the most help with. I'm slowly rebuilding my wardrobe too.