PDA

View Full Version : "guy in front is wearing panties"

mackemlass
06-25-2011, 07:06 PM
I'm down in London for the weekend at the Hard Rock Calling Festival. During the breaks between the acts they were running twitter and facebook messages across the video screens. Was sitting idly reading them when up came "The guy sitting on the grass in front of me with his gf is wearing ladies panties"! Could have been me they were referring to although I tried not to show any undue reaction to it.

prettytoes
06-25-2011, 08:00 PM
Now you know why your mother told you to always wear clean underwear! I'm sure that at a large event you were far from being the only man wearing panties. I hope you were wearing some really cute ones!

Pythos
06-25-2011, 08:03 PM
Ah the rattling of the dumb. LOL.

Barbra P
06-25-2011, 10:03 PM
While it may have you, odds are that in a large crowd it probably wasn’t. Even so the person is making an assumption, the guy may have been wearing men’s Bikini Briefs, many of which look almost identical to women’s panties, even to the point that many don’t have a fly.

Cynthia Anne
06-25-2011, 10:18 PM
I think you should of jump up and yelled! HAY THAT'S ME THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT ON THE SCREEN!

Schatten Lupus
06-25-2011, 10:30 PM
Tell me about it. I was at one concert and people were sending in these texts ARGUING over who done Dark Side of the Moon. Now I originally thought what idiot would think such a thing (I think he claimed it was Skynard, or some other band that it obviously wasn't), and insist it wasn't Pink Floyd. But then I got to thinking who is the bigger idiot? The bloke who kept insisting it was Skynard rather than Floyd, or the morons who probably pumped around 50 bucks worth of texts into someone's pockets correcting a guy who might have just been starting a flame war in the first place.
To the OP, I've never actually worn panties to a concert, however I do paint my nails black, and wear eyeliner depending on the show. I don't mosh anymore, because I got tired of getting hurt, I'm close to the stage where everybody is packed in so tight even sardines will say "damn" so there isn't any chance anyone could see them, I rarely crowd surf anymore because it sucks getting dropped (especially on gravel), so I really don't know why I don't wear them.

Lorileah
06-25-2011, 10:49 PM
Random tweet or post that was designed to do nothing more than get the crowd to react. Whoever sent it didn't have a clue.

So they are killing time at concerts with this crap that people do all day long on their "smart" phones. I have to agree with Pythos and Schatten, what a waste of time and energy when you pay to see a band

Jeannie
06-25-2011, 11:13 PM
My question is why and what was the gain to be made? I find that to be the act of a stupid person.

Gina X
06-26-2011, 01:27 AM
If the panties were the only thing he was wearing then that is different !! LOL

Emma England
06-26-2011, 08:22 AM
How is that known? Unless the guy was flashing?

Eryn
06-26-2011, 04:41 PM

My daughter refers to it as the "Din of Stupidity" :)

Nicole Erin
06-26-2011, 05:05 PM
Well now my opinion is I don't care WHAT someone's ass is clad in. Unless it is a lover and they are in pantyhose but that is different...

...they were running twitter and facebook messages across the video screens...
So they had to run FB and twitter messages across the screen?
It seems a bit ridiculous but try to remember this -
To some people, Twitter and Facebook in particular sre some people's entire life. It is their morning, their night, their love, their savior, their faith, their best friend, their lover, and I think there have been cases where people somehow found a way to marry their FB account.

This is nor progress, people. Knock it off! Facebook is not the light, the life or the way.

mackemlass
06-26-2011, 06:58 PM
Well I'm back from the final day (on the laptop in the hotel room). No odd messages today. Of course as others have said odds are it wasn't me they were talkiing about-I'd have been a bit more suspicious if it had said 'wearing ladies jeans and panties'. LOL.

As to the twitter and fb messages,with anything upto half an hour in between acts,during the gaps they were showing ads for upcoming gigs as well as backstage footage and interviews with some of the acts who were playing,and the messages were just being scrolled across the top of the screen above the video-mostly along the lines of 'this act was amazing','(name) is at HRC 2011 to see (act)',etc,along with a few '(name) will you marry me (name)' etc.
Anyway even if it was me it's not as if I'm ever going to see others in the crowd again anytime soon,and I'm heading for home tomorrow (well today now). Oh,and yes my gf does know about my dressing-she found the whole thing rather amusing.

docrobbysherry
06-26-2011, 08:55 PM
What's a "twitter?" Some kind of bird noise?

PretzelGirl
06-26-2011, 10:12 PM
This is nor progress, people. Knock it off! Facebook is not the light, the life or the way.

Hang on a minute. Let me post this and see what my friends think and I'll get back to you.... :D

SherriePall
06-27-2011, 11:58 AM
First, it's none of anyone's business! Second, it could very well have been a fictitious post to elicit some chuckles. Were any of the posts real? Nobody knows. Not even the Shadow!

Loni
06-27-2011, 07:18 PM
why do people live to text, like it is the only thing that maters on and in life?

when you pay good hard earned money to go someplace see something someone, why does one need to text?

just enjoy the time and when you get home the world can wait to here your ramblings or what you did today.

polkadotfarrah
06-30-2011, 11:52 PM
well could be anything, but I wouldn't think too much about it

linda allen
07-01-2011, 06:44 AM
........it could very well have been a fictitious post to elicit some chuckles.

That would be my guess.

DonnaT
07-01-2011, 10:39 AM
All through the ages people have done things to garner attention.

The texting at a concert is one way to do this. "Look! There's my tweet!"

And some sponsors may have been cell providers, thus providing the twitter interaction, to increase revenue.

Nicole Erin
07-01-2011, 05:43 PM
Hang on a minute. Let me post this and see what my friends think and I'll get back to you.... :D

Yeah you do that and see if the facebook zombies don't get in an uproar. That would be about as smart as deficating in the holy water at church.