PDA

View Full Version : Telling the Neighbors

AKAMichelle
06-25-2011, 07:54 PM
I decided awhile back not to have a party for the meetup group here in Denver. Partially I made this decision because I just didn't want to tell people about Michelle and because I don't have enough seats for a party.

Well today I finally took a big step and told one of my neighbors. She and her husband are getting a divorce so I talked with her for a long time. I would have never dreamed in a million years that I would tell one of the neighbors but I did. It did come up about running off sometime with me while dressed. She didn't say no, but it was discussed.

Anybody else told neighbors? How did it turn out for you?

Natalie D
06-25-2011, 08:00 PM
Anybody else told neighbors?

NO definitely not and if you could meet my neighbors it wouldn't take long to work out why. :)

Fab Karen
06-25-2011, 08:03 PM
I assume if the neighbors have read me when coming or going, they have put 2 & 2 together. They're not my friends, so a discussion isn't necessary.

AllieSF
06-25-2011, 08:07 PM
No and I do not intend to do so. They are my friends and they really do not need to know. Yet .... anyway!

sue1965
06-25-2011, 08:12 PM
Since my divorce. I have'd lived in an apartment complex. There are 10 apartments in each building and 4 buildings. All my neighbors know and have seen me dressed up. As far as I know All are very nice and Ok with it. They have washer and dryers in the basement and I am always dressed up while doing my wash.

sandra-leigh
06-25-2011, 09:05 PM
One set of neighbors happened to see me on the bus the very first night that I really went out all dressed. That wasn't part of the plans for the evening :eek:

The other neighbors, I haven't explicitly told yet. I'm not certain if the ones on the other side of me have noticed yet, but there have been enough opportunities where I haven't made any effort to hide. There is a chance that each time they happened to be looking another way.

The redneck neighbors two over, I've never told, but more than once, I've walked right by their place and waved or stopped and chatted very briefly while I was wearing a skirt. They haven't said anything.

I know for sure that random people in the neighborhood know, but I haven't bothered to keep track of whom. I haven't talked to the others about it, but many have passed me when I've been outside dressed to some degree or other.

Barbra P
06-25-2011, 09:34 PM
Think most of my neighbors know. The woman (Di) across the street and down one house works at Macy’s in the lingerie department and has told me that she expects me to buy some of my lingerie from her – she knows and I suspect so does her husband. I was out on the driveway and I thought I couldn’t be seen, because of a twenty-foot high hedge, when I heard “Hi”. I walked down to the sidewalk and had about a ten-minute chat with the new neighbor (woman). Two women across the street and up one house know, one has seen me, and I walked across the street enfemme and talked with the other one. I told the woman four houses down that I cross dress but she has only seen me from a distance, but she waves when she sees me, and I’m pretty sure she has told her friend who lives around the circle. I know a couple of the women directly across the street have seen me enfemme. I live on a circle, just a block with rounded corners, and I walked the dog one afternoon all the way around the circle while enfemme and I have no idea how many people on the circle saw me.

My Daughter bought me a pedicure for Father’s Day and I have worn nothing but flip-flops since then – I really like the color. I walk the dog several times a day and I know that some of the men on the circle have taken notice of my toes, and I have pointed them out to a few and asked how they liked my Father’s Day present.

I do feel more at ease allowing the women on the circle see me enfemme, but I know some of the men have seen me, some were out when I walked the dog and I passed right by them. I have also gone shopping at Avenue enfemme and had a very enjoyable time and I can hardly wait until the next time I can go enfemme. Looking forward to being out and about in the neighborhood again, maybe this coming week.

Cynthia Anne
06-25-2011, 10:11 PM
I be a country girl and my 'neighbors' see me dressed everyday!

Lorileah
06-25-2011, 10:58 PM
my neighbors know but I didn't tell (well I had to tell one) and in this neighborhood, there ain't too many secrets.

A couple weeks after my wife died I was sitting at home watching TV in skirt and heels and wig when the doorbell rang. It was the neighbor from behind me. I took off the wig opened the door enough to look out and started talking to him. Turns out he didn't know about my wife but was coming over to tell me that his wife died a few weeks earlier (there were a lot more coincidences but I won't get into that here). After a couple minutes of me making him stand outside and relay the story I decided "What the heck" and I opened the door al the way asked him in and said "I guess you already have figured this out". A couple weeks later I was talking to another neighbor who told me all about the neighbor who had come over so I figure the rumor had spread. I don't throw it in their face but I have left the house to go places fully dressed in broad daylight.

I don't talk to me neighbors much any way except to wave usually

Jeannie
06-25-2011, 11:07 PM
When you live in the Bible belt it's best to keep some things to your self. My neighbors would probably set my house on fire or something.

Wendy_Marie
06-26-2011, 07:23 AM
I live in a four-plex where the driveway splits four apartments into two seperate buildings, so there might be twenty feet of space between my front door and the neighbors (Ms. Kathy.) who sits directly in front of me.
I come and go frequently dressed and have entered and exited my house many times while Ms. Kathy's front door was wide open. I'm not really sure if they either she or her boyfriend have seen me as Wendy or not, but I quit trying to sneak in and out a long time ago.
I keep planning on just outright telling her, but the time never seems right...There is one advantage that I might have by sharing this news with her...!
Ms. Kathy is a Nail Techincian and so I might squirrel a discount out of her...Lol.

msniki48
06-26-2011, 07:29 AM
My neighbors to the left and right of me know and accept me especially the women. [ they love when i call them over before i go to a meeting to see how i look, or to have some cocktails in the back yard after a meeting as i am not ready to change back to vince...I don't flaunt it in front of the men, but they all know. i am pretty lucky in that dept.

noeleena
06-26-2011, 07:33 AM
Hi,

Neighbors , heck every one is included there, & they saw it on T V so they all know, so hideing from them,

So for me it was all over in one night. no need to explain,

...noeleena...

Raychel
06-26-2011, 07:42 AM
To the best of my knowledge my neighbors do not knwo about Raychel. Unless they were peaking thru the windows, or my wife told them.

Lady_Chaos
06-26-2011, 09:25 AM
Both times I went out dressed none of my neighbors seen ... I kind of wanted them too (unless they saw and don't believe what happened)...lol. As the weather warms up I am sure my neighbors will see me on my deck in something.

No real relationship with any of them, just waving when I see them when I walk my dog or am doing yard work (both events in male drab as I do not want to ruin my clothes in the dirt or sprain my legs in heels walking my 90lbs dog)

Intertwined
06-26-2011, 09:30 AM
I assume if the neighbors have read me when coming or going, they have put 2 & 2 together. They're not my friends, so a discussion isn't necessary.

You would assume that here also, but, my neighbors are SO wrapped up in themselves, I could take the trash out, in front of them, in a tube top, miniskirt, and platforms, and I still doupt they would notice...

AKAMichelle
06-26-2011, 10:21 AM
When you live in the Bible belt it's best to keep some things to your self. My neighbors would probably set my house on fire or something.

Having grown up in the South I understand this statement, but I also know how nosey neighbors are in those areas. They probably know already

PretzelGirl
06-26-2011, 11:16 AM
Well, across there street are no houses, so that narrows the numbers. Behind me are (last I checked) three county sheriffs and there are privacy fences and a lot of trees. So I don't worry about them. To one side of my house are two guys who are gone most of the time and that house seems to have revolving owners. So I don't worry about them either. Which leaves the one to the other side. He is where my trash cans are and the side of my house that has the garage. He is my Wilson in that we are always talking when out doing yard work. He is a real easy going guy but I don't really know his wife as she is handicapped and doesn't come out. I assume he has seen me and it isn't an issue, but I haven't openly discussed it with him. Some day he may get the drop on me while taking the trash out or when I am coming/going, but I don't think it will be a big deal.

Debra Russell
06-26-2011, 11:41 AM
Haven't told any neighbours but don't hide. My household is full -- two grown children and a grandson, I told my daughter and showed her pics at lunch one day but she has never seen Debra and have not mentioned it since; however when I am home and they are not I dress, go outside around the cul de sac,take pics get the mail say hello ect. A lot of people come and go at my house but if they don't know or suspect by now they probably think it's just one on my wifes friends or one of the many people that come and go!

Kaitlyn Michele
06-26-2011, 12:40 PM
Tell if it's in your self interest...otherwise, let them wonder...if you are not transitioning you are setting yourself up for a lot of agita by talking....people are not as nice when you are not in the room..

Michelle, reading your posts over recent months, you are basically following the playbook of many extended midlife transitions...just sayin

AKAMichelle
06-26-2011, 12:46 PM
Tell if it's in your self interest...otherwise, let them wonder...if you are not transitioning you are setting yourself up for a lot of agita by talking....people are not as nice when you are not in the room..

Michelle, reading your posts over recent months, you are basically following the playbook of many extended midlife transitions...just sayin

I realize that. My life is becoming more and more open. I am definitely heading in a direction that I never thought I would go on.

Karen__Starr
06-26-2011, 01:51 PM
Out of six neighbors all of them know because I simply do not try to hide it. There was one neighbor who I did hide it from as the husband was one of those people who if they saw a trangender would want to physically do harm and I know if we happen to cross paths neither of us would back down. I teach close quarter combat and worried about what would happen if I needed to use a great deal of force, have him contact the police etc. So I think it is best to use good judgement when making a decision to tell or not to tell.

Michelle James
06-26-2011, 02:45 PM
I have not "told" my neighbors, but unless they are morons they know. Since they are just neighbors and not friends the do not deserve to be told. That is for close friends and relatives of which there are few. I come and go at all hours daylight and dark dressed as I wish and have bumped into a few of them while taking out the garbage, getting the mail etc. We either waived or said hi. Nothing else was said.

kimdl93
06-27-2011, 02:05 PM
We've only told one neighbor lady. I am quite sure she already knew, but any doubts were erased when my wife unexpectedly invited her over for a glass of wine on the patio, while I was fully en femme. It went fine...after a moment or two of embarrassment on my part. From that point on we had a great conversation. Only a little related to my dressing.

Helen_Highwater
06-27-2011, 03:22 PM
I try not to let them see me the few times that I do venture out into the back garden but I have been spotted on a couple of occasions. Tonight was a case in point. Neighbours on both sides on holiday, house to myself for a few hours so as it's a warm evening....... However I hadn't counted the young daughter of a neighbour one door away looking out of their loft conversion skylight. A reflex duck out of sight but I think I was seen. I'm sure that household knows anyway but I'm not one to make it too obvious.
Having said that, to their credit no one has made any telling remarks. So perhaps they're cool.

lingerieLiz
06-27-2011, 03:42 PM
I guess many of my neighbors know. I've only told one neighbor (long story). We went shopping together and had a ball. She found I knew more about lingerie and womens clothes than she did. Previous places I've lived the neighbors have known and never seemed to care. I don't tell them, but 36Cs and women's clothes don't leave much to wonder about. I'm very comfortable around women, but I've had no problem with the guys either. Even the military and police I've known.

The only problem you have is if they work where you do and might tell at work.