PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it?

sara_also
06-26-2011, 12:52 PM
The question is. Is it worth it to you to not be able to do the things you would normally do if you were not dressed enfem? For example; I live in a very small town where everyone knows everyone. When I dress I am confined the the indoors and not able to go outside or even for a ride in the car. Our car is extreemly noticable. To answer my own question, yes I enjoy dressing too much to give it up. I do however feel a little sorry for my wife as she is also unable to do some things that we normally might do together. Just wondering if others have had these same thoughts..

Cynthia Anne
06-26-2011, 01:26 PM
I know how you feel! I decided it wasn't worth it to stay inside! My signature says the rest! Hugs!

Intertwined
06-26-2011, 01:30 PM
Gosh, here we go again... For me it's just the opposite, my wife is in a area between tolerates & supports my Gender Expression, she knows I do it, has even gotten me things before, but, does not want to see it. So the only time I dress, is when I get out of the house for things like PO Box, Groceries, Banking etc.

stefanie
06-26-2011, 01:32 PM
generally i do everything i want to do and dressing does not hold me back... that said, i have been traveling the world and the only thing i have not done that i normally would have done is participate in the Bath houses of Russia and take a public shower after sports.... my body and 'um' hairless look is probably jut tooo girly

sallyissuper
06-26-2011, 01:35 PM
I wish I could do more, experience more, but Halloween and once thru a drive thru has been about it. But it is definitely worth it!

Joanne f
06-26-2011, 01:58 PM
Well i know how you feel about small towns and i know what it is like once they know what you are but i am sure that not all small towns are the same but you do need to make your own judgement on that and as far as not doing so much as you would normally do if you stayed in male clothes , it is just a question of finding the right balance to do things together and still fulfill you dressing needs.

Inna
06-26-2011, 02:00 PM
A word from a former Crossdresser :).

I say former because I am transsexual woman, and some here make a definite distinction between two terms. Personally I don't think there is one! I remember a lifetime of dressing behind closed doors and only imagining how fantastic would it feel to be like that in the open. 3 years ago I have come to the crossroads, I had to make a decision, aether stay alive and live the truth or else.

I am gladly still here!

After joining this site and befriending few phenomenal gals I got an encouragement to let go and join them out at the night club. My entire life was flashing in front of my eyes and the desire to do it was growing immensely. Well, as you can decipher I did it and the feeling of freedom and being my self was beyond comprehension. It was beautiful, exhilarating. scary, terrifying, exciting and best of all, Real. After that initial step I embraced the girl in me but in a different way. I started therapy, begun HRT, made plans for reveal and did so. After loosing few people along the way I have gained love I didn't know existed and begun living as me, the girl inside. But here is the controversial part, I begun to feel like me, a girl, but slowly attire made less importance over whom I felt I was. My gestures came naturally, walk, mannerisms, my friends noticed how tremendous was the change. I was letting go of the learned ways of a male persona. Jeans, tshirt, of course all from ladies department, but still very androgen look, but that allowed me to feel the ease of being, without forcing the issue, without "in your face" so to speak.

So to conclude, I believe you can go crossdressing even in small town, where everybody knows you as long as you will be smart about it. Today's fashion is so intersex that you can easily wear full girls outfit without anyone noticing. Oh well, those who would notice, you can definitely suspect of being way more than just you neighbors, and can probably find then here :)

Good luck and I hope you can do it

Sara Jessica
06-26-2011, 02:17 PM
Small town???

"near Las Vegas"

I'm thinking there is a golden opportunity here.

carhill2mn
06-26-2011, 02:42 PM
I am a bit confused. If you "dress" only at home, how does this affect you and your wife doing things together?

Nicole Erin
06-26-2011, 04:43 PM
Yeah, if las vegas is close, well, As Sara said...

Anyways yeah I cannot imagine living in a small town where everyone knows everyone cause of course people like that often have no life and are nosy about everyone else so it would be hard to get out especially with people acting stupid or asking if you are gonna get surgeries and such.

kimdl93
06-27-2011, 02:51 PM
I agree with those above: If you are reluctant to go out en femme with your wife in your home town (I'm presuming from your post that she's supportive), why not take an occassional getaway in Las Vegas? Its certainly big enough...and you and your wife can enjoy each other's company without worrying about scandalizing the neighbors!

kendra_gurl
06-27-2011, 04:11 PM
It seems everything in life has a price. Only you can decide if the amount of time you need to spend while en femme is worth everyone in a small town knowing and if you can deal with the effects that will cause.
Short weekends out of town are great to be yourselves so I do recommend them. We live in a large city and still try to take out of town trips to keep our secret.

Alexia wrote about intersex fashion but if your like most of us that just would not be enough to satisfy your desires at this time.

Keep in mind some things can easily be forgotten over time ( you got a DUI late some night or you got fired because you slept with the bosses wife) but if you choose to dress in public and continue to do so it will always be a part of you that everyone will know

Danni Renee
06-27-2011, 05:46 PM
For right now I have to answer that yes it is. Now that I get to dress I cannot go back to not dressing. But dressing to me is so worth it, it quiets my mind and just makes me happier in general. So I sacrifice doing other things so that I can dress. Hopefully this will change in the future and I will reach the point I can start to go places dressed and do more things.

Alice Torn
06-27-2011, 06:11 PM
Sarah Akso, Yep. Same here. Live in a small town now, not the Seattle area I was in 28 yrs! My car is a 1976, very different, and I am known by my car. So, I cannot go out the door dressed, as a house full of teens is next door, too! I did drive off twice last year, underdressed, and came back fully dressed in the dark. But, the neighbor kids were still outside, and, the flood lights came on, and i am sure some of them saw me. Also, the neighbor lady who kinows, came out at the same time! Oh well. It is sad, that we can't go outside, where we live, some of us. In this town, some might not mind, but quite a few would mind, too.

NicoleScott
06-27-2011, 08:05 PM
It sounds to me like your wife has chosen to stay home with you over going out to do the things she likes, without you.

sometimes_miss
06-28-2011, 01:03 AM
Is it worth it?
Very odd question. IMO, If it wasn't worth it, we wouldn't be doing it.

sara_also
06-28-2011, 07:07 AM
A wide variety of coments. Thank you all. When we lived In Vegas we did go out many times dressed, but now it is a three hour drive and can get quite expensive. Living on SS limits our activities. For now I will continue to dress at home and enjoy the things we can together. To me it is so worth it.. Thanks again.