PDA

View Full Version : Wife and mother in-law know, mother next???

cindyc6
06-27-2011, 12:03 AM
I happen to married a wonderful woman that not only accepts Cindy but loves to go shopping with me. Likes to go out dancing with me and when she can't let's me go out by myself. She convince me to come out to my mother in-law and she was very accepting. She even bought me a pair of victoria secrets pantyhose and told me she would love to go shopping with me. Now I am debating if I should try to go 3 for 3 and come out to my mother or not push my luck.

Danni Renee
06-27-2011, 04:23 AM
It is great that you have an accepting wife and now mother-in-law. I am fortunate to have an accepting SO. However, she told her mother and there was no chance at acceptance. There are other issues involvher mother and me which both preclude her ever accepting and me ever caring whether she does or not.

I am debating about coming out to my mother soon too. I so want her acceptance but I am so nervous.

lynn_lynn
06-27-2011, 04:37 AM
Hi.. My mother has difficulty when I really am a female.. if Im just bumming it, she can deal with it. But if Ive worked more hours on my hair than she has her own.. I can sense the resentment.

Engendered
06-27-2011, 05:40 AM
I think you're in a good starting position. You have an awesome wife who is completely cool with it (as opposed to just being accepting or supporting), and that could really help if/when you tell your mother. If she sees that your wife is happy with it and sees it as fun, then she'll hopefully be happy for you both. Only you know your own mother though, so it's your call on how/if/when to tell her. I think it might help if your wife was there (especially if she has a good relationship with your mother), as she could instantly remove any seriousness or tension from the situation with her own positive attitude to it.
Good luck! (and let us know if you do tell her) :)

Kimberly Long
06-27-2011, 08:47 AM
Hi Cindy. It sounds like you are going to have a great life. I wish you the best.
Love Kimberly

kimdl93
06-27-2011, 02:44 PM
...Only you know your own mother though, so it's your call on how/if/when to tell her. )

Its never easy to come out to anyone. Sometimes we find acceptance where we would never have expected it, and sometimes not. I think that if two of the three women closest to you are accepting, then its appropriate for you to share this with your mother too.

Its also possible that your mom already knows or at least suspects that you have a feminine side. Its hard to hide...my mom and sister knew before I did!

anonymousinmaryland
06-27-2011, 03:05 PM
Mom KNOWS. Moms know EVERYTHING. Don't ya know she's got eyes in the back of her head??? LOL.

Cynthia Anne
06-27-2011, 07:23 PM
Does your wife and mother get along with each other! If they do chances are that your mother does know!

t-girlxsophie
06-28-2011, 01:01 AM
Mom KNOWS. Moms know EVERYTHING. Don't ya know she's got eyes in the back of her head??? LOL.

My Mother cetainly did,Mothers intuition is all powerful and knowing.My mum always knew (didnt help I was an awful hider) never has approved nor accepted it,but she's still my mum and hasn't disowned me.I hope it goes well,whatever way you decide Cindy

Sophie

cindyc6
06-28-2011, 01:51 AM
Thank you for all your inputs, they are highly appreciated. My wife and mom get along as well as you can but, I am still debating on the proper time to do it. It did take me awhile between telling my wife and telling my mother in law.