PDA

View Full Version : Is that possible?

Annie M
06-27-2011, 10:50 AM
I found out a couple of weeks ago that a guy I went to high school with transitioned MtF a while back. He was the guys guy, girls loved him, the coach loved him, teachers loved him a great student leader, maybe it makes sense. Thinking back to the after basket ball showers I recall Mike (not his real name) always tucked and joked around (relentlessly) about having boobs... Wonder how many others there were... You can read stories all the time but when you know the person it sits differently. Well Mike congratulations.

Jennifer in CO
06-27-2011, 11:27 AM
Been several years ago but I found out something similar about a close friend/classmate. He first told me he thought he was gay when we were having a late night chat sitting in my apt back in the 70's (he wasn't drunk but close to it). I wasn't surprised to hear he had transitioned in the mid 80's. What I was surprised to hear was he now lives with a woman in a lesbian relationship. Seems he didn't like being a guy with a guy and couldn't make it with a girl as a guy so he trasitioned and still didn't like being with a guy but because she was so petite and pretty the girls loved her and finding female companionship was what she wanted in the first place.

Life...ain't it funny sometimes

Jenn

Karren H
06-27-2011, 11:37 AM
I bought an old Saab from a guy down the street 15 years ago... He was a US Air pilot and knew my boss and I picked up he had some femininity going on. A few years later he transitioned.... Still flew for US Air as a female.. Wife divorced him and move far away with htheir kids.. His parents also got divorced.... His mom later committed suicide. Really sad all around. Ponit is TGs are everywhere...

Shelly Preston
06-27-2011, 01:06 PM
I discovered long ago that you do get these unexpected events

Joanne f
06-27-2011, 01:57 PM
It is not to unusual to over compensate you male side subconsciously in a battle to defeat the female side that lurks within only to find it emerge latter on in life then you get this " i always thought he was a mans man .

RADER
06-27-2011, 02:40 PM
[QUOTE=Karren Hutton;2530232]I bought an old Saab from a guy down the street 15 years ago... QUOTE]

Karren, why would you do some thing like that??? I thought you were a smart Engineer? LOL
Rader

Barbara Jo
06-27-2011, 03:52 PM
Kind of like the play/movie "Come back to the five and dime, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean"

BTW, if someone has not seen this yet it is well worth viewing.

Leslie Langford
06-27-2011, 04:40 PM
[QUOTE=Karren Hutton;2530232]I bought an old Saab from a guy down the street 15 years ago... QUOTE]

Karren, why would you do some thing like that??? I thought you were a smart Engineer? LOL
Rader

Yep, sounds like another "Saaaaaab" (sob) story", as many former owners can attest to.

Oh well! - Could have been worse, and bought a Ford... a.k.a "Found on road, dead" or "Fix or repair daily" ;) :doh::heehee:

Debb
06-27-2011, 06:10 PM
[QUOTE=RADER;2530363]

Yep, sounds like another "Saaaaaab" (sob) story", as many former owners can attest to.

Oh well! - Could have been worse, and bought a Ford... a.k.a "Found on road, dead" or "Fix or repair daily" ;) :doh::heehee:

... or "First On Race Day". Sorry, had to.

I also have a story. A co-worker back in the early 2000's was thought to be gay ... someone had heard his SO call him "Honey" when he was called, late at night. He did nothing to discourage these beliefs, although he had actually de-transitioned at the time as a concession in the divorce between him and his wife.

Please note, I say "he" and "him" because he was presenting male at the time.

In 2009, I found that she was transsexual, and had transitioned at work, complete with legal name change. I was quite surprised, I'm not exactly known for being perceptive. She is awesome.

I must say, it takes a lot of courage to transition even once. I'm honored to know her.

Alice Torn
06-27-2011, 06:20 PM
Wow! I had a similar thing happen this week. A guy i knew in high school, who was always a kind fellow, but, i never suspected he might be gay. He came out to me on Facebook Saturday, and he is gay and out for three yrs, and hopes to marry his partner soon. He is still the ougoing, kind, nice fellow i knew, of course. I came out to him, as a CD! Sent him pics and videos!

Cynthia Anne
06-27-2011, 06:52 PM
[QUOTE=RADER;2530363]

Don't be running down my Ford! At least it is a true American car! ha,ha!

RADER
06-27-2011, 07:14 PM
And so is my Chevy, Pick Up, made in Ft Wayne, ID.... And my Tahoe also.
Rader