PDA

View Full Version : First Day Out as Mikaela (Mainstream) & Follow Up on Coming out to the Ex-Wife

Mikaela
06-29-2011, 03:37 PM
So a couple weeks ago, I mentioned coming out to my ex-wife about a situation that required me explaining the CDing so that I could get the best advice possible under the circumstances.

The situation was that there was a woman I liked, who liked me a lot both as Kae and Mike (although more Mikaela at the time). I wanted my ex's thoughts on the matter (she's always encouraged me to be happy and date, etc, so it isn't a conflict like it would be for some people). I had conflict because I still have walls up and I didn't know how I felt with being liked for my girl side more (again, at the time). She encouraged me unconditionally and told me to not be a retard, have fun, live in the moment, etc. So, I did! And lucky me, ex-wifey even still checks to make sure I'm not being stupid and that things are going well.

Although the woman I'm dating isn't a 'tran chaser', she has a lot of friends in the community and has used club time as a 'safe' place where she really doesn't need to worry about being picked up, etc. So yes, she's fine with my femme side and even knows 'her' better than 'him', although that's been changing lately. As she's said, it's always me, just different accessories. It's been really nice and I've been really happy lately.

We've done some dates with me in boy mode, girl mode has been restricted to club nights only, but things changed yesterday!

We're going to be going to a glow event at a nightclub in hollywood on the 9th, so I needed to get some more clubby/glowy clothes/ideas for that. The goal was to go to the mall as Mikaela for my first time out in the daylight. I dressed casual (stripey top, jeans, flats, day makeup) instead of the slightly more night time look I do for club at Shine.

I drove up to Burbank to pick her up and when we finally got out the door, I drove us to the mall there. It went pretty uneventful actually. I paid more attention to talking to her then trying to figure out who was making me or not. Then again, I'm taller than her by a bit, so we probably just looked like mismatched lesbians, too.

We went into some various shops and got called out as "Hi ladies,..." so that was nice.
In one of the shops, I even went and tried some things on with no issues from anyone. I don't even recall any double-checks, although I'm sure I was clocked here and there. One thing I learned about trying on clothes is that it is evil to your hair.
I didn't even get any stares, so all in all, that's a success in my book. I don't care/think I pass, my motto is to just be below the radar as much as I can, and I succeeded there. I didn't even get a lot (couple inappropriately short skirts that will require wearing dance shorts under them and a mesh top), but I'll ride back up there tonight (in boy mode) to get some of the accessories we saw without me being self conscious on interacting with people.

I didn't get the rush like I did the first time I went out at night, since I loathe malls and shopping anyway, but at least it was a milestone that wasn't unpleasant.

I didn't really take any pics, though, so I might have one or two from the phone (the close up in the car is after 8 hours so beardshadow is starting to creep). I tried with my real camera, but didn't like how they turned out. Will check that again tonight, though.

avery.j
06-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Hi Mikaela
This post not only reads beautiful, the pictures just look stunning.

Danni Renee
06-29-2011, 06:14 PM
It is great that you have a relationship with your ex-wife that llows you to get good advice and even better that you have a budding relationship with a new person! Sounds like the trip to the mall was really fun and I think your pictures look very passable. I love the necklace!

Cynthia Anne
06-29-2011, 06:33 PM
Who says you can't enjoy both worlds! The relationship you have with your x and with your girlfriend says you can! And then throw in those lovely pictures, it must be paradise! Hugs!

Mikaela
06-29-2011, 06:48 PM
I love the necklace!
Holy crap, I didn't even mention that. She gave me that last Saturday night. It was her first piece of Tiffany.

KarenS
06-29-2011, 06:52 PM
Mikaela (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/member.php?79707-Mikaela),

What a wonderful experience you must have had. Good for you and congratulations. It sounds as though you have a great relationship with your ex, and your new interest.

Kristy_K
06-29-2011, 07:51 PM
I am really happy for. Even so I do have a wonderful relationship with my X and she even helps me on many things. I could only wish for a gril friend like you have.
Very nice pics Mikaela.

dilane
06-29-2011, 10:23 PM
Fun, isn't it?

Warning -- mainstreaming can become addicting!

Mikaela
06-30-2011, 12:24 AM
Yeah, it was fun. :)
Here's a couple more of me from my camera. One bad one full length so at least you can see casual Kae. And then a couple of me closer up and clear (for better or worse).

Coreyincs
06-30-2011, 12:46 AM
Definately passable. I love the necklace too!!!

rhonda
06-30-2011, 01:17 AM
Mikaela you look great smileling and good luck xxx

kimmiegal
06-30-2011, 02:10 PM
It's amazing how much more fem we look when smiling.

Mikaela
06-30-2011, 02:18 PM
We look even more femme in the dark. :D

PretzelGirl
07-01-2011, 08:05 AM
Sounds like a great time. And yes it can be addictive even if shopping isn't your thing. You look great and kudos to her for the wonderful support!

I don't care/think I pass, my motto is to just be below the radar as much as I can, and I succeeded there.

Amen. This is the way I look at it and I think it makes getting around that much easier. It gives you the right confidence level and puts you in the frame of mind that everything is okay and you can go ahead and enjoy yourself.

Congrats!

Mikaela
07-01-2011, 12:26 PM
I definitely want to do things to improve and maybe that will lend me more confidence as well.

DarcyAnne
07-03-2011, 06:47 AM
So...what is a glow event? And yes, that is a pretty necklace.

Mikaela
07-03-2011, 07:28 AM
The glow thing is Illuminaughty
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=121793347904597

I wore some of my stuff tonight at Shine. I can put up pics in a day or two when they get posted, or just post ones I took in my living room before I left.

Angiemead12
07-07-2011, 01:00 AM
Love you outfits girl! I've been out and about as well and I'm loving it! Goodluck on the new relationship.

Gaby2
07-07-2011, 02:41 AM
Lovely story and photos, :doll:Mikaela. I'm very happy for you, Gaby

Jay Cee
07-07-2011, 06:14 AM
If you get stares, Mikaela, it would only be because you are so attractive.

lauraabdl
07-07-2011, 06:25 AM
You know now that you are out and about in daylight it gets addictive. I know, I for one was a night girl, now I get out as often as possible and it don't matter wether if its day or night, enjoy your new found freedom, its glourious.:heehee:

Mikaela
07-07-2011, 11:03 AM
I'm having a blast, but I've only done the day time thing the once. It's still fairly scary and new. I see the value of shopping dressed for myself, but I really do hate to shop. Some things don't change with a wig and makeup. :)

Tonight we'll finish up our outfits for Saturday. Tomorrow I'm flying us to Santa Barbara for lunch and then making sushi (all drab, though) for dinner. Saturday is Illuminaughty and Sunday I need to recover and work on my moto :D

Nikki's Side
07-08-2011, 12:01 AM
Looking great! Way to take a huge step forward

DarcyAnne
07-08-2011, 06:29 AM
Those are some cool pics. Good luck with her, she sounds like she's fun and has a head on her shoulders. And, that's fun stuff Mikaela, going out in the day time. :)

Kathi Lake
07-08-2011, 12:31 PM
Mikaela, you and Jill make a very cute couple! Just have fun. Does it really matter which 'mode' you're in when you're having said fun?

:)

Kathi

"Mary"
07-08-2011, 01:06 PM
You look fantastic! Have fun and good luck with the new relationship.

kimdl93
07-08-2011, 01:07 PM
what a great couple you make! Enjoy each other!

Mikaela
07-09-2011, 03:47 AM
Thanks everyone for the compliments. I got to take her flying today from Long Beach to Santa Barbara for a late lunch at the beach. It turned out really special.

BLUE ORCHID
07-09-2011, 07:59 AM
That's a great story and some great looking ladies.

Orchid

Mikaela
07-10-2011, 08:27 PM
And since I mentioned it, here's me looking all glowy and hookerish. :D
Illuminaughty was fun for my first mainstream club venue. No issues, no second looks. Considering what everyone else was wearing, I was pretty normal looking.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6023/5923808739_4186d4d26c_b.jpg
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6148/5924373106_01f308e094_b.jpg

GirlieAmanda
07-11-2011, 12:28 AM
OK this is getting ridiculous. Now I have two friends who have found girls who like both sides of them. Maybe all is not lost. I think that is so great and I really feel like maybe I could find a girl like that too. Also, that is so huge for you finally going out into the world in the day. It is cool to do. It just took some encouragement and a reason. With your girl you probably feel like you could do anything. I can imagine it feels very good to be you lately. You must be "flying" high.;)

Pythos
07-11-2011, 12:50 AM
OH GREAT MAKER!!! I want a GF like yours!!! LOL

YOu are quite fortunate, If she is good in everyother way too, oh, you need to "keep her".

Lucky lucky you. I long for a GG that likes my fem or androg look more than regular guy look, that would be a true dream come true (well, outside of aviation that is).

I came close with the GG, but she is a mess at the moment.

By the way LOVE THE CLUB LOOK. And no, you do not look like a hooker, you look like what uncreative people think of as hooker, I see a party girl that knows how to look. Awesome look.

Mikaela
07-11-2011, 01:14 AM
OK this is getting ridiculous. Now I have two friends who have found girls who like both sides of them. Maybe all is not lost. I think that is so great and I really feel like maybe I could find a girl like that too. Also, that is so huge for you finally going out into the world in the day. It is cool to do. It just took some encouragement and a reason. With your girl you probably feel like you could do anything. I can imagine it feels very good to be you lately. You must be "flying" high.;)

I am. Stupid giddy actually. Been like being a teenager again. But I wasn't looking for her. In fact, she had been expressing interest in me and I was oblivious because I didn't expect to find it. I know how fortunate I am to have someone for ever as long as it lasts.

Friday with the flight was an all boy day. Yesterday was an all girl day. So it really is a both worlds thing.

Farrah Rose
07-11-2011, 01:55 AM
woahhh crazzy pictures :) i like em though. I didnt know they had glow in the dark makeup, very cool !

Mikaela
07-12-2011, 12:25 PM
They have glow in the dark makeup, but that stuff is blacklight/uv makeup. In fact, if you have an eye shadow palette, there's a good chance that some of them will glow in a blacklight right now.

Fab Karen
07-12-2011, 07:59 PM
Congrats on moving beyond just the H&B dive with the birdcage patio, and no, that outfit for the glow event doesn't look like a hooker.

Mikaela
07-12-2011, 09:19 PM
Congrats on moving beyond just the H&B dive with the birdcage patio, and no, that outfit for the glow event doesn't look like a hooker.

Depending on Carmeggedon, I may go down to Rhythm Lounge in Long Beach this weekend, but will be back to the dive on the 23rd. It's still going to have a level of comfort and familiarity that likely won't disappear any time soon.

Adriennegrl
07-12-2011, 10:32 PM
Beautiful pics, you're both gorgeous!

You're light years ahead of me venturing out. I wish I wasn't in a small town, it'd be easier but still not easy, congrats on that step. And if I can ever find a girlfriend like yours, wow! You're blessed in so many ways :)