PDA

View Full Version : Just saw a cute young girl who I'm sure was one of us.

Cristi
06-29-2011, 07:35 PM
So my SO and I were out for a walk down a quiet country road this evening. As we passed an old house with a porch on front, I noticed somebody that looked like a young (mid-teens?) girl standing on the porch not far from where we were on the sidewalk, her back to us. She was obviously home alone, since there were no cars in the driveway.

We were on a very quiet rural street, so I'm sure she had no reason to expect to see anybody walking along at this time of night, and would have expected plenty of warning if a car were to drive up.

As we got closer, I checked out what she was wearing. My first clue was that she was quite overdressed for the time of day and location. She had on a very flowing magenta skirt, off-white top, stockings and white heels. She had obviously not noticed us yet and was turning back and forth looking down at how the skirt was flowing as she moved. When she took a few steps, I could see that she wasn't very steady on the shoes which must have been at least 4 inches.

I could tell the moment she saw us. She suddenly froze then stepped behind a piece of furniture. I could tell that she was watching us pass, but kept a hanging flower basket between us so I couldn't see her face. Once we were a few steps past, I glanced back and saw her running quickly for the door of the house. She didn't RUN like a girl at all.

I would have loved to have had some way to say "Don't worry, we aren't going to tell anybody" but figured anything I said would just make things worse so we just continued on. All I can think now is that I hope she was having fun, and that this is a memory she'll enjoy later on. "The time she almost got caught". :)

joanna4
06-29-2011, 07:44 PM
thats so nice to hear. Makes me wonder how many times cd'ers see each other but don't know it

docrobbysherry
06-29-2011, 08:31 PM
Cristi, to my DYING DAY, I'll NEVER admit that was me! "NOT running like a girl?" I'd be SO EMBARRASSED!

Cynthia Anne
06-29-2011, 08:38 PM
I would say that you are right! WELL! If you were dressed you could of took your wig off and said hi! Hugs!

Natalie D
06-29-2011, 08:39 PM
Blimey! we're everywhere :)

sara.s
06-29-2011, 09:01 PM
Who you saw, was meeeeee....... :o

Just Kidding

JavaJunkie
06-30-2011, 02:24 AM
Awww I'm sure she was terrified you saw her. Just kinda wondering though....how exactly does a girl run? Not all of them are nancy's you know....some of them run just like we do....and some better damn them!

danielle40I
06-30-2011, 09:51 AM
If you should see her again, perhaps a wave and a genuine smile may help you both?

Cristi
06-30-2011, 09:51 AM
Point taken :)
I don't know what the difference was. I've seen plenty of boy and girls run and this just instantly struck me as being in the 'boy' category, though I can't put a finger on the difference.
Granted it is difficult enough to really run in heels that ANYBODY is going to look odd doing it. I've tried a few times and am amazed I even managed it without breaking an ankle!
I think if I had JUST seen her run, it wouldn't have been enough to say 'boy' to me, but combined with all the other clues and body language, it was the final factor in deciding that it was indeed a boy we had surprised, maybe sneaking a few minutes in his sister's clothes when the family was away?

All I know is that I'm going to pay more attention to that house whenever I drive past it in the future. :)

t-girlxsophie
06-30-2011, 10:36 PM
Ill never be one of those passable Girls that have other CDers wondering,is that one of us...oh! well,it is nice though seeing others out enjoying themselves

Sophie

Erika_bagels
06-30-2011, 11:10 PM
could have sworn I saw one of us picking out clothes the other day, but she could have just been mannish.

joanna marie
06-30-2011, 11:15 PM
I'd say it was me except for the fact I'm neither cute or young