PDA

View Full Version : Religion, Politics and Lipstick

Badtranny
07-02-2011, 02:12 AM
Okay, so my discussion attempt over on the TS group didn't work out to well so I thought I would try something different with a much more reasonable group of people ;-0

...but seriously,

I know that you shouldn't talk about Politics and Religion in polite company, so I thought this would be the perfect place to do it.

One can't help but notice that there seems to be a huge number of what I will call, for lack of a better term, religious conservatives. That in itself is no big deal, this is a free country after all, but I am very curious about one thing;

How do you reconcile your conservative beliefs with your gender bending lifestyle?

Before anyone gets riled up, I am NOT trying to pick a fight. I just think it's a very interesting topic and I would love to hear the discussion.

Who knows? I might even learn something.

sterling12
07-02-2011, 02:32 AM
I wonder how long this one will go, before The Mods "pull the plug?" My guess is not very long, as when we have tried this sort of thing before, it didn't take very long and people were hurling epitaphs.

Personally, I imagine myself to be mostly liberal, and yes this question has been asked for a long time, at least among my "pinko" friends. (Get it? Transgender....Liberal....Pinko, HaHa) Anyway, The Simple Answer? People are hypocritical. They can "justify" political philosophies based on one "hot button" issue like Abortion, or States Rights, or Regulation vs. Deregulation. These Days, politically; putting The Best Person forward and rightfully assuming that none of us will agree on everything, just doesn't seem to compute! Since "Transgender" may also be A Single Issue, perhaps we are guilty of The Same Thing?

Actually, I think it was a lot simpler in The 19th Century. "I give you my vote, for a Jug of Whiskey!"

Peace and Love, Joanie

VioletJourney
07-02-2011, 02:48 AM
Because there are an infinite number of possible interpretations of the various holy texts.

Nigella
07-02-2011, 03:08 AM
For good reason, do the mods "pull" the plug on any topic that involves religion and politics. Invariably does a thread quickly develop into a flame war. We do have a forum dedicated to religion, you need to apply to join it via your settings tab at the top of the page.

If you read this rule/faq (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=main_rules#faq_content) you will notice that the forum has a policy regarding political discussions.

I am not going to "pull the plug" on this thread as it has not developed into a point where it needs pulling, it is just that the plug hole has now been jammed to prevent a steady drip into choas :)