PDA

View Full Version : Realization

Aprilrain
07-02-2011, 09:26 AM
So in examining my own personal situation I have come to the conclusion that there are two types of gender dysphoria, at least basically. Anyway I've noticed that even though I'm full time and am out to god and everyone and have been on hormones for 6 months now that I still have a lot of gender dysphoria, if you can call it that. Yesterday I came to the realization that it's probably not really "gender" dysphoria as my gender now matches my brain however my body leaves me with MUCH to be desired! frankly I hate it. Oddly enough my penis is the least of my worries. Yes I want SRS but that is not what everyone else sees nor do I look down there that often either. What I DO see and what causes me a lot of distress is my face and well the rest of what a person sees when they look down at their body. It's just not right none of it! It does not match what I see in my mind, it's closer than it was perhaps but not by much. It's really depressing : (

Katesback
07-02-2011, 09:40 AM
I have said it more than once. The best return on investment for most TS girls is FFS. If I had to do the process of transition all over again I would have done my face first.

Inna
07-02-2011, 10:02 AM
Dysphoria is a dissatisfaction with body sexual characteristics not matching internal gender variant. So you are dysphoric until such is corrected! You are absolutelly right in saying that the face is The Most important organ of gender in initial recognition. I recently went to Be All Chicago conference and only for a half day for some seminars on FFS visited with my future Dr and also with a new guy. Anyway, I observed every girl there and for most part I could identify them as Crossdressing non transsexual types. But one in particular gave me a vindictive reaffirmation in what I believed for a long time, Face will do wonders to the recognition of ones gender variant.

This girl had her face done not long ago and looked rather beautiful but that is all, her entire body, proportions, the movements, speech, dressing were for the luck of better description, shouting "GUY" in the most of loud tone! But despite my keen eye and knowing of who she was, a transsexual woman, she totally passed as a woman, very tomboy girl, but girl nevertheless.
So FFS is the inevitable evil most of us, non genetically gifted girls have to dream about and hope that such dreams come true.
I so hope you can do what you need to do, but to cheer you up, there is a way to do a single procedure at the time as well so that little by little you can achieve your goal.

Stephenie S
07-02-2011, 10:20 AM
I have said it more than once. The best return on investment for most TS girls is FFS. If I had to do the process of transition all over again I would have done my face first.

Kate knows what she is talking about.

Unfortunately, good FFS is expensive. Far more so than SRS. I have a close friend who I thought was quite good looking, but she wanted FFS. I tried hard to discourage her, telling her she was fine just the way she was, but she would have none of it. She went ahead and spent close to $45,000 with Dr S. Well let me tell you, that girl is just as cute as ever she could be. Was it worth 45 grand? I didn't think so before she did it, but now I am a real believer.

FFS can be the most valuable thing you will ever do. It's true no one looks between your legs. Everyone sees your face. If you can afford it, do it. It will give you SUCH a jump start on a successful transition.

S

Katesback
07-02-2011, 10:29 AM
Ahh thanks Steph. I was in that catagory like the girl your talking about. Everyone said you dont need FFS. But like so many trans girls I didnt listen. Come to think of it I didnt listen to anyone about getting any surgery or the order of it or anything to do with transition. LOL Yea I have said trans girls dont listen and I was no different. But today I can look back with wisdom.

Perhaps the big reason trans girls dont listen to people is because we build up a wall to defend ourselves emotionally from other people.

Speaking of FFS and SRS I just chuckled a moment. One of my favorite pictures is the one for my avatar where I am standing next to my motorcycle. The irony is that was taken a month before SRS and a year before FFS. LOL. Go figure.

Aprilrain
07-02-2011, 11:33 AM
I have known since day one (whenever that was lol) that I would spend the money on my face before SRS or BA. I'm currently trying to sell a truck I don't need and that would give me a nice chunk of change to spend on my face. I have people tell me I don't need it, trans and cis, but they're either being nice or aren't thinking about what it takes to truly make it in this world especially as a female. I'm way beyond caring if people "accept" me at the store or whatever I just want people to not know unless they are very observant or I tell them. Right now I think I'm "acceptable" people accept that I am presenting as female and want to be treated like any other female but that doesn't mean they can't tell I'm a genetic male. But more importantly still I'm my own worse critic and I'm the one who has to look at my self in the mirror everyday. Now what to do about no hips!

Gerrijerry
07-02-2011, 12:27 PM
everything we girls do is for us not other people. if you want to have FFS and SRS or what ever you feel you need to be complete that is what you need to do.

Inna
07-02-2011, 01:40 PM
I was surprised and dumbfound on my last trip to see my sister in Chicago. All the lovely girlfriends who by now are my girlfriends as well agree to one thing. They all would love to have narrow hips and broad shoulders, WHAT! I thought I am gonna fall face forward when I heard that statement and didn't believe my ears. Some of the girls are just deliciously curvy with perfect bodies and weight, but NO they want to have narrow hips. Well there you go, you got one thing, but you want another, I honestly think that if you take care of FFS and become a girl next door hips are not going to be as much a desire as they are now. I tend to see by my own account that desires to change everything is only so intense because we sort of lack all of it at once, but after we secure some of those aspects the rest will be easier to live with.

Andrea85
07-02-2011, 02:43 PM
Nothing wrong with feeling like that. I do on ocassion, like when I'm doing my makeup or whatnot. Just takes time and patience to make it through it all. My transition has taught me a lot about patience.

Alexiz
07-02-2011, 04:35 PM
Just takes time and patience to make it through it all. My transition has taught me a lot about patience.

I feel a strong relation to this. No matter how I see it, the biggest words that always go through my head in relation to being transgender is "Patience".

I never really thought too deeply about the things mentioned in this thread, but it all makes sense. It would seem much more ideal to get FFS as the first thing, but.. it really does seem like a big hurdle. Everyone seems to have things planned out so well; I still feel clueless where to start, but I'll get there eventually.

I really hope things work out for you, April!

AKAMichelle
07-02-2011, 05:17 PM
FFS makes a big difference with how the world sees you. SRS makes a big difference on how you see yourself. but nothing replaces a little confidence from people telling you how pretty you are.

Starling
07-02-2011, 05:38 PM
I hate everything about my male face and body, but when I am able to be myself, I look so much better to me! I could benefit a lot from FFS, but that's something I'll worry about when I get rich.

It's true about body types (and the worst is always one's own, eh?), because there is a huge overlap between the sexes. If you know you are a woman, and take the trouble to groom yourself properly and dress the way a cis-woman of your physical type would dress--and relax--you will most likely be treated as a woman.

The very first people who met me as myself soon forgot my birth sex after the conversation moved away from it. The women talked with me and physicalized with me as as a woman. And these were people who knew me as a man.

You know how people in a documantary forget the camera is there? Well, I was the camera. It went remarkably well, even with my regular voice. Lots of overlap in real life there, too.

:) Lallie

Aprilrain
07-02-2011, 06:54 PM
I feel a strong relation to this. No matter how I see it, the biggest words that always go through my head in relation to being transgender is "Patience".

I never really thought too deeply about the things mentioned in this thread, but it all makes sense. It would seem much more ideal to get FFS as the first thing, but.. it really does seem like a big hurdle. Everyone seems to have things planned out so well; I still feel clueless where to start, but I'll get there eventually.

I really hope things work out for you, April!

start with a therapist then hormones then when your waiting for SRS if that is what you want do electrolysis as much as you can! and of course FFS if you can afford it thats my plan.

For me transition is about getting on with my life and im not a patient woman to begin with so yes im getting many lessons in patients. most of my image problems are personal, a lot of the stuff i worry about no one else notices but I notice it and there in lies the problem. Anyone need a truck?

Kelsy
07-02-2011, 07:07 PM
I'll die if I can't have FFS! Really When I look at my face I want to cry! SRS will wait until i have my face done!
Money is key!

Kaitlyn Michele
07-02-2011, 08:25 PM
Kate knows what she is talking about.

Unfortunately, good FFS is expensive. Far more so than SRS. I have a close friend who I thought was quite good looking, but she wanted FFS. I tried hard to discourage her, telling her she was fine just the way she was, but she would have none of it. She went ahead and spent close to $45,000 with Dr S. Well let me tell you, that girl is just as cute as ever she could be. Was it worth 45 grand? I didn't think so before she did it, but now I am a real believer.

FFS can be the most valuable thing you will ever do. It's true no one looks between your legs. Everyone sees your face. If you can afford it, do it. It will give you SUCH a jump start on a successful transition.

S

This is how i did it...

i got my adams apple done , and some very minor eye surgery (which was much more effective than i hoped) from dr speigel
a year later i got ffs from dr meltzer
about a year later i got srs

i was blessed to have the $ to not have a decision other than timing..of course, i was not blessed to wait until i was 46 years old..

I didn't want to be percieved as transsexual.. i just didn't. some of my friends were critical of this, but i felt it was important to me.. one person that reamed me out was a very well know name in the ts world...she hiked with me at a conference and she just really made me feel terrible for getting ffs (sends the wrong message..just be yourself...blah blah)...a very funny thing happened while hiking...i had just had 20 hrs of electrolysis, and my face was like an apple..i am sure i looked pretty weird..she was fully transitioned, srs and all, and was wearing a kansas U tshirt... a guy coming the other way high fived her and said rock chock jayhawk to her...i guess she didn't pass very well..
anyway..she got ffs last year... hehe

If you get ffs from a good doctor, you will likely be amazed...
I feel like i could not have transitioned at all without ffs...and I feel like srs completed my physical transition, but my ffs allowed me to actually start living the life i had always dreamed about..

Pythos
07-02-2011, 08:36 PM
I need to step in here. Your face. I have seen many women out there that have faces that can fall into the "masculine" category, and yet, they are still attractive, not just to me, but to many people out there.
What needs to be asked is according to what basis are you saying your face is masculine, and in need of expensive surgery? I look at your profile pic and I see a rather beautiful looking individual. I do not see a male in any sense of the word. I also do not see the usual depiction of feminine. What I see is a human. End of subject. A human with traits all their own.

I have seen a TS on you tube that ran vids about their progress. They had a nice looking face, and they looked quite feminine, even according to their girlfriend. Then they had Facial surgery, and I am sorry, the results were to me awful. They rounded EVERYTHING. The person had gone from a face that was of their own to a face that looked like it belonged on a cambles kid!!! Sorry to be so harsh, but this is what I saw. It was sad. This face looked nothing less than fake, and entirely based on a non existent social norm of a female face.

Your face as I said looks fine, at least in that avatar. I my humble opinion, you have no need for that surgery.

arbon
07-02-2011, 09:07 PM
Lots of issues with my body to.

First on my list is shave the adams apple. My worst feature by far and trying to wear scarfs all the time sucks.

And I know I am going to get crap for this on here but unless I come come into money orchiectomy after the adams apple shave so I will at least be able to get my marker changed on my id. At least that is my plan for now.

Kaitlyn Michele
07-02-2011, 09:15 PM
pictures lie pythos!

Noses look smaller in pics...eyes lose their bags... you will very rarely see a crossdresser proudly post a profile picture because that is usually the most male angle... it's very real math and science behind ffs...it's brutally simple, and brutally effective...your bones are "adjusted" to measure up within average female norms...it's so simple...

your face is read as male or female by others almost instantly...and we don't meet people in photos.. this is a meaning of life issue for a transsexual..it is a fundamentally different lifestyle to be known as transsexual vs known as a woman.

Aprilrain
07-03-2011, 01:46 AM
What Kaitlyn said. Thank you for the compliment Pythos. I know im pretty for a transwoman probably a lot prettier than a lot of GGs too but im not as concerned with being pretty as i am with NOT being a transsexual for the rest of my life. I don't want my face to look completely different I just want it to look female especially in profile. I've already got a lot of masculine attributes that i can do nothing about like my height or my narrow little ass, little boobs (for now) so I feel that it is important. all my pictures are from a good angle with flattering light and with "going out" make up on. I want to be able to get up pull my hair back in a pony tail throw on some clothes and take the kids to school or whatever and just look female at least in the face.

Pythos
07-03-2011, 10:34 AM
Okay, perhaps you can explain the "male" features of which you speak.

I for one know my face is a bit angular, my nose a bit big, and my chin upturned. I have seen GGs with these very same features. I am not trying to pursuade you away from the decision, but I never like to hear of someone doing something based off of what others think. I have to do this daily when it comes to my dress style and it makes me miserable, but it is easily reversed. Full on surgery is not reversible. Lady Gaga, has some rather angular lines for example. Cher before all her surgeries had a sizable and rather nice looking nose, there was no reason other than peer pressure for her to change it. The woman that plays Ziva, in NCIS has a chin that is slightly up turned, when I first saw her I thought she was indeed a male androgynous character (I have to look at her a bit more though :P). I really think many of the ideas we have of what is a feminine look is based off an ideal that in all reality does not exist. At my goth club there are several GGs that have many "male" features, mostly just the angular lines.

I do kinda wish the "trans person" look actually became a look that becomes attractive. There really is no reason it shouldn't be. It is unique and if society would stop being so fixed in its attraction criteria, they may find a beauty in our look :)

Teri Jean
07-03-2011, 11:25 AM
April I thought the same about having FFS but in talking with a couple surgeons I found I did not need any as my features were quite neutral. After my GRS I continued my recovery and within a months time my friends who had been with me in CA seen me for the first time and they were struck with the overall facial changes. I am glad I waited.

Kaitlyn Michele
07-03-2011, 11:50 AM
pythos you have always on this and cd forum had this thing about wanting people to accept your dress and appearance as "normal"...this is totally cool with me and acceptable..but it's not going to happen

i also think you need to accept that especially for transsexuals the need is different..

a ts that is percieved as male because of a strong jaw, a downturned nose, flat cheeks, etcetc...we have razor stubble and crappy hairlines, we have big hands, we are shaped differently unless we are very lucky and the biggie??? we usually have prominent brows (this is by far the biggie, and it's the breakthrough that makes ffs so effective) is instantly hit with a different quality of life than a transsexual..
what you are wanting in the world is not going to happen in any conceivable time frame..

my ffs gave me a big nose, a less square jaw and in all honesty lovely eyes that people instantly read me as a woman..i'm 6'2 as well... i would be "forced" to live as transsexual if i didn't have ffs... this is not acceptable to me, and it would harm my quality of life...my kids would not be as comfortable going out with me...i would not be approached by women or men that relate to me as a woman...this is a huge part of transsexuality..allowing the expression of your true gender IN INTERACTIONS with other people..

there are ts women that disagree with me..they are trans and out as trans..frankly i think they are missing out on something wonderful...

so yes it would be nice if the world was as you wish, and yes lots of women have masculine features (btw i left out voice...if your face is undeniably female, you get a huge latitude on your voice), but gg women are almost always read as women because the overwhelming amount of features that signal their femaleness..

teri jean, i have always liked your avatar as so natural ...there are a number of us blessed with the softness and features of gg's...just like lots of women have very masculine features..

and btw.. the right doctor and the right attitude of the ffs patient almost always results in a very natural look...you just have be careful and diligent..i turned down procedures offered to me because i felt they wouldn't help me..

Rianna Humble
07-03-2011, 06:42 PM
i would not be approached by women or men that relate to me as a woman...this is a huge part of transsexuality..allowing the expression of your true gender IN INTERACTIONS with other people..

there are ts women that disagree with me..they are trans and out as trans..frankly i think they are missing out on something wonderful...

I am one of those who would have to disagree with you. I cannot afford FFS although I would almost certainly benefit from it if I could. Despite this, I already have people I have never met before coming up to me and interacting with me as a woman.

I am out as trans - it is difficult not to be after you have been outed in national "news"papers - but if you are suggesting that I am missing out on people considering me a woman because of this, then I can only say that my experience does not support your hypothesis.

Pythos
07-03-2011, 07:03 PM
but it's not going to happen

Only if people keep thinking that way.

Rianna Humble
07-04-2011, 01:59 AM
That's the attitude, Pythos. Only another 6,897,395,481 people to convince and you will have changed the way society considers this.

Pythos
07-04-2011, 10:59 AM
That's the attitude, Pythos. Only another 6,897,395,481 people to convince and you will have changed the way society considers this.

Thanks Rianna for that veiled slap in the back of the head.

Here is an idea. ADAPT to the idea I present. Remember on this day in my country we celebrate the birth of a nation that was started from what many at the time before this date considered an impossible, and even tratorous idea.

For an idea to take hold, ANY idea to take hold in society, individuals MUST change some way of thinking. Instead of saying "it will never happen" think to yourself "with the right thinking IT WILL happen". Recall, there were people that thought Gay rights would never ever happen, and they stayed hidden away. Well look at what is happening now. Lots of struggle for sure, but IT DID HAPPEN and is still happening. Cding in many ways is ever so slowly coming into vouge.

But, this thread is about a person seeking advice on FFS, and when I look at the myriad examples of female faces out there, I see all manner of the spectrum, from "feminine" to "masculine", which in my personal opinion makes FFS fairly unecessary.

Zenith
07-04-2011, 11:16 AM
There are gorgeous model GGs with brow bossing, or square jaws, or prominent chins, or large noses. It's not so much the individual features, but how they add up. Delicate features can offset the others. Is the balance tipped to male or female? We tend to be our worst critics focusing on all our male features. But really it's the sum total that determines if you get miss'ed or sir'ed. Strangers' reactions are your best gauge.

I agree that FFS tends to homogenize all desirable female features and while the result is gorgeous, in person/video it can look well...plastic. Look at Oustrhout patients...all their noses are the same. I think the best approach is to go to someone like Speigel and address a problem area or two, while keeping what makes you an original.

Now of course there are some gals who have been unfortunate as a TS in having very strong male features. For them full FFS is a Godsend, and a most drastic improvement in their day to day life as a TS.

Here is a great example...a gorgeous Penny's model I scanned. Very beautiful woman for sure. But Ousterhout would likely point out her brow bossing and tell her it needs to be fixed. What do you all think?

Pythos
07-04-2011, 02:39 PM
She is beutiful. But yes on close examination she has prominent brows, as well as a noticeable nose. Who cares? She is very pleasing to the eyes. She also has a semi square jaw line, is that bad?...no bloody way.

Zenith
07-04-2011, 04:10 PM
She is beutiful. But yes on close examination she has prominent brows, as well as a noticeable nose. Who cares? She is very pleasing to the eyes. She also has a semi square jaw line, is that bad?...no bloody way.

Yup, that's your earlier point illustrated. Too often we get wrapped up in the ideal feminine, that we forget GGs come in all flavors. And how wonderful is that? :)

Supposedly there is a story where a similarly beautiful GG went to a top FFS surgeon and was told she must have surgery, her brow ridge was that of a caveman and she would not pass well...

CharleneT
07-04-2011, 04:41 PM
Julie's example is good, there are in fact many women with masculine features and visaversa ! Again, it is the complete package (excuse the term, I cannot think of a better one right now) that makes the "pass or not". Ignoring the obvious prob of $$, one of the reasons I am very hesitant about FFS is that I have seen a lot of bad facial surgery done to others - and I mean cis-gendered. Mostly women, often with faces that look artificial. Of course, a very skilled surgeon can in most cases avoid that. But even the best have bad outcomes, and it can be very hard to "fix". Like many aspects of transition, I think it is a very personal decision, which should be respected as such.

I'm attaching an image of a GG friend of mine. She works at a local organic farm. I'll be blunt, this picture makes her look better than she does. Her brow in particular is quite prominent. But the rest of her features are also quite angular. If she was not smiling so brightly, you would see that from the neck up, she is easily mistaken as a guy. Another issue, take a gander at her arms... I have been with her when she was mistaken for a man, and she didn't like it - but does understand the 'why' of it.

If FFS was suddenly free to me, from the best doc, would I have it in a flash ?? Maybe, but probably not. At least that is how I feel right now. Maybe just a couple of small changes, things where a bad result is not a disaster. Yes, it is fear that informs a lot of my attitude towards these surgeries. I guess I would rather deal with my face, than take a chance of getting something "odd". And yes, in fact, I am not lucky to have a very feminine face. So I definitely have issues with how people "see" me.

noeleena
07-05-2011, 06:16 AM
Hi,

& some of us are different again yet one of my many women friends has said to me as women this is not about trans just us who are women in our many form's my looks are not what makes me who i am nor a pic i have going back to 1860. yeap 18 & who looks just like any male in context with a male yet is all woman 100% or was ,

Iv had to learn ...may be ...or more so as i did 53 years ago accept who i was / am i did not particuly like how i looked then yet im still a woman ,

I dont have the same issues that many trans people have , so ffs is not for me . if i complained about my self my looks or lack of & every detail in my life i would not be where i am now iv had to over come other issues so yes we need to look at our selfs & get help as needed when we can , so really im saying im happy & content with in my self & that is more important for me not more surgery, so you see we are all different in who we are,

I for got this , yesterday a guy come over to me after he saw me behind our front section tree's thought i was a guy when he got closer he saw i was / am a woman & was allmost going to say guy. & stoped & said oh your a woman. sorry even my voice so what he heard & saw was a woman.

& i dont think i pass as one ... right, so you see just the same as my pic as he did,
& yes i chated with him again to day out shoping . so what im saying we may think differently yet im being accepted as who i am a woman. no more no less,

...noeleena...

Starling
07-05-2011, 12:39 PM
Perhaps acceptance has at least as much to do with behavior as with appearance.

Badtranny
07-05-2011, 01:03 PM
Great thread, but I'm stunned to see that I actually agree with Kate on something.
I still support my sisters who choose to skip FFS, but I definitely think it's important and I'm totally looking forward to it.

Starling
07-05-2011, 03:55 PM
Who is really good with noses in Southern California? Except for my melonhead, I'm okay with my other features, from the neck up anyway.

danielleb
07-16-2011, 10:50 AM
I do kinda wish the "trans person" look actually became a look that becomes attractive. There really is no reason it shouldn't be. It is unique and if society would stop being so fixed in its attraction criteria, they may find a beauty in our look.

I just wanted to add in here. I agree with you Pythos that we as a society need to have that space where the masculine transexual look can not just be accepted, but really celebrated as beautiful. Until the fashion industry takes hold and puts it in our minds daily, it certainly won't happen (but it does seem that things are slowly moving in that direction:daydreaming:).

I find many girls are really attractive, but don't think they look femme enough and harbor unfounded fear over transition as a result. Rushing for surgery as the answer to fix it all. I'm also finding it hard myself to live in this unaccepted nowhere space where I'm referenced for how good I'll look in the future, as if I don't exist now as I am. :doh:

But I think yours and the majority of us here thought paths divide where you remain comfortable to be androgynous or third gendered and the majority of us strive to just fit into the binary gender of female. To that end FFS isn't about attaining beauty, it's about solidifying our look as unmistakeably female.

Living as a recognizable T in the world is almost as torturous as staying hidden as a male. There's certainly quite a bit of releif buying what I like, and knowing that at least I'm taking steps, however small they may be, towards what I want. Ultimately though, I have no desire to be an odd man out, I just want to be an unrecognizable female, as I'm sure is the ultimate goal of most here.

To that end FFS is almost as great a relief as SRS for us. It's sad that in society you can almost directly correlate beauty with pay, and the more we succesfully adapt to our desired gender undoubtedly the more succesful we will be throughout our lives almost regardless of intelligence.

If it were socially acceptable to live as third gender (speaking for myslef, but certain it relates to others here) I would definitely have started the process of transition much earlier in life, and even now would be much more comfortable about every day things and not feel the constant pressure on my shoulders. But ultimately I would still travel the road to fit into the female gender, and possibly have an even stronger desire for FFS as a means to conclusively seperate myself from being percieved as a third gendered person because I am not. I recognize that I will never truly have a female experience of life, but that doesn't detract from what I know myself to be.

Inna
07-16-2011, 12:18 PM
I think the question in reality is not of how beautiful, wholesome, feature this or feature that, but merely does everyone, and I repeat, EVERYONE look upon you and see woman.

To be a genuine article, no questions, that is what lies behind, at least my own need of FFS. Beauty is subjective, genetic scale and visual aspect of woman's face is objective.
My sister is gorgeous not only in the skin department, and often she does what every loving, helpful person would do, tell me, "you are beautiful", "beauty is within" and so on, "you are more beautiful then me" (what a crap :) "If I wore male stuff I would be taken as male", REALLY? So what I did in response is to pick up my baseball cap, my old huge size tshirt, grabbed some eye liner pencil and said "let me show you". I put all those things on her and painted a pretty good shadow under her nose, and guess what, a boy? sorry to disappoint you, she looked as beautiful as ever, and very cute at that but no one, NO ONE would have mistaken her for a boy.

Underneath our skin lies a bony mass called skull, and proportions within it are quite different for both genders, that is a difference between testosterone and estrogen environment. Unless someone is born as an anomaly and posses features and proportions of the opposite gender ( andrej pejic )only then can this "oh you are beautiful you don need FFS" be true.

Kaitlyn Michele
07-16-2011, 12:28 PM
i had ffs..today i woke up...put my hair in a ponytail..and started my day..i just didn't feel like putting myself together..it's hot and humid...
anyone that see's me would never guess i "have a past"... i have met hundreds of people that i never knew before prior to ffs..as far as i know, not one of them know..
all of this even though i am 6'2"

if you want this to be the way you live your life..then ffs is a godsend...it's not about being "beautiful"..

Hope
07-16-2011, 01:38 PM
Now what to do about no hips!

And then there is this.

FFS is essential - but the body shape issue is a disaster for so many of us as well. I was having lunch with a cis girl I work with (who has a son who is trans coincidentally) and we were on our way back to work, and I was a few steps ahead of her when she said "You have narrow hips Hope!" She was trying to be complimentary. I almost cried.

Aprilrain
07-16-2011, 03:53 PM
i had ffs..today i woke up...put my hair in a ponytail..and started my day..i just didn't feel like putting myself together..it's hot and humid...

if you want this to be the way you live your life..then ffs is a godsend...it's not about being "beautiful"..

I have NOT had FFS and I still sometimes do this my hair isn't even long enough for a pony tail yet! today I was wearing the same dress I wore most of the day yesterday (Hey, it was reasonably clean and its not like I have tons of clothes!) unlike yesterday I didn't bother putting makeup on because I was spending the day with my kids and I'm starting the TWO DAY process of growing out my upper lip in preparation for electrolysis on Monday morning. I was out and about all day too. this morning while walking with my baby who was fussing a guy looks at him as he is walking by and says "what are you crying about your mom's doing all the work" CLASSIC! I couldn't get a read on the lady who was talking to my wife and myself at the play ground. My wife and I were both talking about our children like they were ours (because they are) But I couldn't help but wonder what the woman thought, if she read me or if she thought we were lesbians or if she thought I was some other female relative. This life definitely has its sublime moments sometimes comic sometimes tragic

That being said I have pretty much resigned myself to a year-ish of ugly ass woman or flat out tranny status because of electrolysis and some defiantly male facial and body characteristics, which Is why I'm so thankful FFS is an option. An ugly duckling phase is acceptable as long as there is an end in sight!