PDA

View Full Version : Wondeful feeling

gerri ray
07-02-2011, 08:49 PM
Hey everyone! I just got my first pedi and had my toenails painted a lovely shade of tidal wave blue. The feeling was out of this world and the people at the salon were so nice. I had my eyebrows waxed also. I went with my sister and we are going back again.

Cynthia Anne
07-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Girl! That is such a fun thing to do! If I could aford it the beauty salon is one place I would go to everyday! I say hooray for you and your great sister! Hugs!

gerri ray
07-03-2011, 01:14 AM
This place did such an excellent job and a pedi is only $15. My sisters mani is the best she's ever seen and it cost the same as the pedi. Yes, it is such a wonderful feeling. I'm so proud of myself for taking that step. There was this one customer who told me to pull my pant legs up as far as I could because they would massage more of my legs lol. I felt right at home there.

Intertwined
07-03-2011, 02:10 AM
I have never had a pedi, but, I do remember how good it felt getting my 1st set of acrylic nails, not only was it great getting pampered, but it was fasinating to watch.

Diane Lynn
07-03-2011, 02:41 AM
Geri Ray, how were you dressed? Male or Female?

gerri ray
07-03-2011, 05:01 AM
Male shirt, women's jeans(sorry Karren :) ), socks, and shoes. Mostly women's clothing. I have short hair though.

sissystephanie
07-03-2011, 07:00 AM
Gerri, I have been getting a manicure and a pedicure every 2 weeks for many years. And I go to the salon dressed enfemme or in drab! Since I do not wear a wig or use makeup, everyone there knows that I am a man but they don't seem to care. I know the 2 techs who work on me don't care what I wear, probably because I tip them very well!! My finger nails are done in acrylic and are always a shade of pink. My toes are usually some shade of bright red, but I have had Blue ones as well as Green!! And I do wear open toe sandals a lot!!

Sarasometimes
07-03-2011, 07:12 AM
I have had only good experiences getting pedi's. The most memorable often are such due to those lovely unsolicited comments from the other clients. i get chills sometimes when you hear "Oh could i try her color?" from the woman in the chair next to you! I'm getting a mani/pedi this Friday and i can hardly wait. Just curious how informed is sis about your dressing? Sounds like a great GG to have on your side.

gerri ray
07-04-2011, 03:24 AM
My sister is totally informed about my dressing. We went to VS and DEB at the mall the other day and bought clothes.My whole family is aware that I prefer women's clothing and that I'm bisexual, and mostly prefer men. My sister loves to shop for clothes with me and wants to make it a routine to always go together to the nail salon. She;s a great sister and friend.

Gaby2
07-04-2011, 04:37 AM
Gee, you are all so enthusiastic! Thanks for bringing this up Gerri Ray.
My SO gave me a salon-voucher for my birthday at the end of February...
but Mr. all talk and no action hasn't had the nerve to go yet.
Hmm... :strugglin
Envy, envy, envy...
I'm delighted for you, Gerii Ray!
Three cheers for your sis and the rest of your family.
Gaby

BLUE ORCHID
07-04-2011, 10:10 AM
Hi Gerry, That's a great story I'm so happy for you.

Orchid

gerri ray
07-04-2011, 04:59 PM
Gaby, you should really go. I almost didn't go thru with it but decided what the heck lol. Many men go and get pedi and manis. No one there batted an eye when I walked in. Once you do it, you won't care whatsover what anyone thinks because it's a fantastic feeling.

adraine
07-05-2011, 10:46 PM
While I'm new to this site a pedi is something you should enjoy and have lots of. I work constrution and dread the day something heavy might smash one of my toes but until then tangerine orange with flowers is some thing to behold , even if I wear open toed shoes around the house its worth it . Yes I get some very strange looks at the beauy shop from other women but they have been very supportive ,If they ask I tell them my wife wants them done to keep me from straying to far from home I also have a mani done with clear polish and trust me nobody notices

gerri ray
07-05-2011, 11:03 PM
Yes they are. I'm so addicted to them now. I'm making it a routine now :)