PDA

View Full Version : Losing Weight

Lisa Marie
10-06-2005, 06:26 PM
Is it just me or is it hard to lose weight when we get older? What do i need to do to take off about 30 pnds can anyone help me? Im tired of the weight wish I could stick with a diet but when I start on a diet I seem to fall back again and enduldge. Anyone got any suggestions or is this happening to you also? Angela

GypsyKaren
10-06-2005, 06:35 PM
Hi Angie

You're not kidding about how hard it is to lose weight when you get older. I lost 20 pounds by eating a lot of salads and yogurt. I gave up all snack and fast foods, and I walk on a treadmill every day. It can be done, but it's hard.

GypsyKaren

Amanda Marie
10-06-2005, 06:36 PM
Angie, I'm not sure how old you are but I'm 30 so I guess I would be in the area of getting "older".

Some people tend to be under the misconception that you can go on a diet and lose 30 lbs and keep it off. I've never seen this happen. It's quite simple to lose weight if you have the will power. Cut out the fatty foods, fast food and sweets. But the most important thing is that you have to get on a normal excersize program. That is key...but for some reason people think they can simply lose a bunch of weight without exersizing at all.

I have been able to stay down to 140 lbs (I'm 5 '7 by the way) just by cutting out eating all the junk and doing 3 sets of 30 sit ups every night and running at least 1 mile 2 times a week.

I'm obviously no expert but it works for me.