PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Evening and Question

Marie-Elise
07-04-2011, 04:51 PM
Well, last Friday, for the first time, I decided to dress in front of my wife. I had a drink to get some courage and then told her I would be back; I feel like dressing.

Now, you have to understand that I told her about my CD tendencies about six months ago. After the initial shock and the questions we all expect, she said she was good with it. Over the next six months we had a lot happening so, except for her occasional joking about it and my Fathers Day pedicure with nail polish (dark cherry red), we just kept it as something we both know about me. She knows I dress whenever I go on a business trip and stay overnight.

Anyway, back to last Friday. So I dress fully (no makeup, still have my beard and bald head) and she laughs when she first sees me. I had braced myself for this so I didn't say anything. Then she said that the outfit made her laugh because I was wearing a casual camisole with nothing over it, a casual skirt and thigh highs and pumps. She said it was like I didn't know whether to dress up or not.

It was a nice evening. I cooked dinner and we went out on the deck with our wine. This surprised me because she suggested it even though she knew there was a chance one of our neighbors could see me.

We were out there about an hour till it got dark. Then we decided to go inside and watch a movie. So far, a very nice evening. Now comes the question.

We always sit on the same sides of the couch when we watch TV. Her on her side and me on my side. But when we went in, she sat on my side and asked me to sit on her side. She said she just felt like sitting there that night. I didn't argue about it.

But the next day, this did bring up a question in my mind. Was there more to that switching sides on the couch than she just felt like sitting there? Or am I overthinking this?

She doesn't appear to have changed her attitude about my girl clothes or lingerie. She has mentioned a couple of things as she usually does since that night. But she has not let me know one way or another how she felt about me being fully dressed and hanging out with her. That night, she did say she "wasn't there yet" about being intimate with me while I am dressed.

Maybe I am overthinking this. Anyway, I think the ball's in her court to say something, but I probably will not dress in front of her again soon.

Cynthia Anne
07-04-2011, 06:18 PM
I beleive I would leave the'ball in her court for now! You might mention how you enjoyed 'that' night but I wouldn't push it!

Barbra P
07-04-2011, 06:33 PM
She seems to be relatively comfortable seeing you dressed, you might want to ask her if she would help you with the clothes selection so you won't be laughed at.

RADER
07-04-2011, 06:34 PM
I think you got a good start; But you want to go slow. I did with my wife, At first she laugh at what
I was wearing, So later on I asked her "Well what should I be wearing" She then said well bring me a catalog.
I did and we started a small wardrobe of My things.
Like you, I am going bald, have a mustache, and being built like a big lumberjack, going out is totally out of the
question. My wife allows me to under dress at will, "Just do not Embarrass me". So since being a member here,
Pantie's 24/7.... Bra 80% winter... 30% Summer.....And a dress at home 60% of the time.
I did not get that way over night; I took me many years of being a "Good Husband" and biding my time to be
able to now have fun with dressing. My wife 2 years ago went to a catalog and got me a French Maid Outfit.
I love it, and wear it on occasions. The only thing is I would have to get it Dry Cleaned, so I am very carefully
how and when I put it on
Good Luck
Rader

Alexiz
07-04-2011, 06:54 PM
Yes, it's just as you say. I would leave it to her to confront any further issues, You're doing the right thing.

It's important to note the little details. Even the tiniest bit of changes can mean much larger things. Overthinking things can be helpful, just don't go too overbaord with it!

Eryn
07-04-2011, 07:05 PM
Her criticism and laughter shows that she is no longer "walking on eggshells" about your CDing. This is an accomplishment! It sounds like she was inviting you into a dialog about clothing combinations which is a much more comfortable area than dressing in general.

Seating positions on the couch? Hard to say. Perhaps she is trying to distance your femme persona from your male persona in her mind. Perhaps not. I wouldn't worry too much about it! :)

Babeba
07-04-2011, 07:11 PM
The only person who can answer that question is your wife, so why not ask her about it?

Also, it's perfectly understandable that she's not ready to be intimate with your female self. It may be a long while (more than a month) before she's comfortable with seeing you all dressed up again; then again, she might be okay with it faster. Seeing you all dressed up is something very new to her, and you've got to remember that while you're used to it and you know exactly what it means to you, she doesn't have that insight on your brain. If you feel like, 'okay she's seen it all now, I can steady it out and do it a lot more now she knows everything' - she'll see that as, 'oh my god! My husband is dressing all the time, and he never used to do that. He's changing so quickly and I don't know what to do!' Going too fast is the number two reason (IMHO, based on watching couples on here) that the GG partner of a CDer has issues with her husband's 'hobby.'

Good luck, it's a nice start (kudos on you two for spending the evening like that!) - but let your wife be the one to say when she's ready for another go, don't pressure her. And let her get to know your girl side before you try to get fresh with her en femme!

Tina B.
07-05-2011, 09:21 AM
It sounds like her laugh was good natured, because from a womens point of view, you put the outfit together like a novice, doesn't sound like any malice was intended. As far as the change of seating, one thought that came to me was, maybe she sees her spot as being the place the womon sits in deference to their mate, an thought that it would heighten your experience, just a thought. But Babeba, is right, the wife is the only one that knows for sure.
Tina B.

Karren H
07-05-2011, 09:43 AM
If she didn't scream and run out of the room... Your on the right track, imho.

Marie-Elise
07-05-2011, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the replies. Seems that going with the flow, leaving the ball in her court and moving slowly is the consensus. Thanks to all. You've really helped.

KarenCDFL
07-05-2011, 10:35 AM
Sounds like a good start.

My immediate thoughts on the "sitting" situation is that your wife moved away from the habits you two have set over time. Maybe she thought that if you sat in your normal place, you were just her husband in a dress.

Now that you were sitting in a different place other than usual, then it was something completely different.

Just my ramblings.

Good Luck!

Marie-Elise
07-05-2011, 11:00 AM
Sounds like a good start.

My immediate thoughts on the "sitting" situation is that your wife moved away from the habits you two have set over time. Maybe she thought that if you sat in your normal place, you were just her husband in a dress.

Now that you were sitting in a different place other than usual, then it was something completely different.

Just my ramblings.

Good Luck!

I like your line of thinking. I think this may be true. Sigh...life can be so complicated.