PDA

View Full Version : I am SO excited.

annabellejorden
07-04-2011, 10:00 PM
Friday, after leaving work early to renew the lease on my apartment, I had some time to kill.

I went to Lane Bryant to look for a summer dress that I could wear while ridding my bike.

I found this nice dress they had on sale so I picked it up.

After trying it on and paying for it, I asked the cashier if I could use one of the fitting rooms to change.
She said yes, so I changed into my new dress.

I wore it the rest of the time in the mall and then to home.
I received not one odd or disapproving look from shop keepers or other shoppers.

I then decided what-the-hay, and wore it the next day to a social function.
It was a success, I was asked a few questions regarding my apparel choice, but it was more of a that’s-cool attitude then a wtf one.
I even got told I had on a nice skirt. IT was a dress, but I had a backpack with a belt-strap on, so it easy mistake.

I have decided to talk to the owner at work about coming to work en-fem.
She seems open-minded and for a time had an openly gay office manager. ( he left to move closer to family )

This weekend has been a real experience for me.
I have gone out wearing fem clothing that could be mistaken for male, but this is the first time I have been fully unmistakably en-fem outside during daylight hours.

I look foreword to expanding my wardrobe to do this more often.

Cynthia Anne
07-04-2011, 10:34 PM
WOW GIRL! You sure know how to have fun! I sure hope it continues for you! Hugs!

Eryn
07-05-2011, 02:04 AM
It sounds like you had a lot of fun! Congratulations on your new-found freedom!

Danni Renee
07-05-2011, 03:25 AM
Good luck on moving forward and I hope the owner at your job allows you to dress as you wish.

cdkrista
07-05-2011, 07:33 PM
Sounds great, but one question that i have is, why did you buy a dress to ride a bike? What is wrong with shorts, capris, or peddle pushers?