PDA

View Full Version : Morons and My Sunday evening

Wendy_Marie
07-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Thursdays have long been an enfemme day for me due to my on going therapy...recently as I have relayed in these threads I have started also going to a local TG Support group which meets Sunday Evenings.

This last sunday proved to be an unusual one for me as I decided rather late in the day to attend the group and so felt rather rushed to decide what I was going to wear...as it was very hot and humid this is what I settled on. it proved to be very comfortable.
http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l531/Wendy_Marie65/just%20Me/resizedme.jpg

The meeting turned out to be interesting and another younger and quite cute little transgirl who attended seemed very interested in me and my... as she put it..."situation."

It's been a long time since I was hit on by anyone and this was very flattering even though I had to explain to her that I am first off married, and secondly that I am heterosexual...we still had a pleasant conversation and seemed to hit it off in a friendly manner.

I left the meeting after 9:00 p.m. heading home only to run into a Thunderstorm just a few minutes after I departed...This however didn't keep me from noticing that I had attracted the attention of a car full of college age guys and a couple of younger looking girls...6-people in total crammed into an old trashy looking Ford Sable.
They followed me for at least two miles down an otherwise empty street and seemed very intent to match pace with me despite my attemping to first speed up and then slow down...it became somewhat unnerving for me.

I made an attempt to let them drive on by me by turning into a brightly lit albeit almost empty conveinence store and saw that they first slowed and then stopped a ways down the road from me turning into a Sonic Drive inn.

I checked my cell phone to make sure I had service and then pulled back out and made my way down the street towards home I didn't see them pull out behind me so thought they had given up harrassing me...as I pulled up to a double left turn lane at one of the major intersection in my town...lo and behold here comes the Sable and as it pulls up beside me,the two passenger side windows come down and a slew of derogatory remarks are then directed my way....The older guys in the car seemed content trying to impress the younger females by just how macho they were...so I chose to ignore them and did not make any attempt to return comment.

I already had a planned exit if I deemed it necessary to drive away...I also had my phone ready to call 911 if the situation escalated and as a last resort I had a loaded 9mm handgun in the console of the Durango I drive with me... I do carry it legally and in accordance to Missouri's Castle Doctrine Law. (Before anyone remarks on my choice to carry a firearm know that I have had professional training with local law enforcement and private agencies...and am very educated on Missouri's Carry Laws. I choose to take my own safety seriously, and that is one thing that will never change!)
I was relieved when the light changed and saw that they decided I was no fun since I had chosen to ignore their obvious attempts to bait me into a confrontation so they sped away....I did take note of the tag number and wrote down a description of the vehicle, its occupants and the last known direction of travel and decided that a call to the local Police department was warranted....I receieved a nice Thank You from the Springfield Police department even after explaining that I was Transgender and returning from a Support group meeting...and made my way on home.

I guess the morale of this story is Eternal Vigilance and Preparedness go a long ways to keep you safe...I fully believe that had I reacted to these morons in any manner...this story would have had a much different outcome.

Loni
07-06-2011, 10:06 AM
well wendy_marie it sounds like you did right, just let them slide on by and most times nothing will happen. but as for your choice of a caliber, i would say switch up to a .45 the 9's tend to over shoot and the .45 stops them in there tracks. sadly i live in ca were self protection has been outlawed.
but good to here you are ok and know how to handle the "fools" that are out there, and i bet there was some booze involved in that group. drunks tend to be a bit more open to problems.

loni

Wendy_Marie
07-06-2011, 10:54 AM
but as for your choice of a caliber, i would say switch up to a .45 the 9's tend to over shoot and the .45 stops them in there tracks. sadly i live in ca were self protection has been outlawed.
loni

Lets not even get into a debate over carry guns caliber of choise...lol...Save that for the gun sites I frequent.....Lol.

Kitty...I think the reason I was targeted in this manner is that these goons saw me leaving the Gay and Lesbian Center where the TG Support Group meets...They followed me a good distance...which shows that they exhibited classic signs of Predatory Behaviour....I do believe they were only mouthing and showing off for the girls they had with them....but that kind of cocky bravado has been the catalyst in many a confrontation in the past.

prettytoes
07-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Kudo's to you on the choice to exercise your right to "keep and bear arms"! I don't go out dressed, but I always carry a .380 in my back pocket, and a .357 in the console of my truck. I also have proper training. PA just passed the Castle Doctrine, however, I have had a carry permit for many years now. I pitty the poor SOB that pulls a knife on me and asks for my wallet!

Barbara Dugan
07-06-2011, 07:00 PM
A really scary situation but your choice on how handle it was the best one

docrobbysherry
07-06-2011, 07:02 PM
What a frightening experience, Wendy! I think u showed excellent poise by NOT displaying your firearm!

I recommend EVERYONE take Defensive Driving classes! After 7,000 miles in Europe, I've HAD mine! I know how to intimidate, when to back off, and how to ditch other drivers! And, these were never situations where I was driving dressed!

The last guy who was showing off for his gal, decided to pull in front of me and slam on his brakes on our freeway here, while I was pulling a small trailer. Judging by his white-as-a-sheet expression and quick freeway exit seconds later, he was SORRY! ROFL!

Wendy_Marie
07-06-2011, 07:28 PM
The only real excuse for brandishing a firearm is if you are out of alternatives and feel your life is in immediate jeopardy...I never felt threatened, intimidated yes...as there were at least four grown males and two females in that vehicle.
I had an out already in mind, a simple 90 degree turn to my right would have had heading away from the trouble and incendently towards the nearest police Sub-Station.
I had a barrier between them and myself...that being a locked car door...I had a cell phone to call for help and a can of pepper spray as a non-lethal alternative.....The firearm is my last ditch option.

Defensive driving skills are essential and for that I am well prepared as well Docrobbysherry...mine were gained through a stint in a high Speed driving course from a Law Enforcement training course and honed by years of being behind the wheel of a bus, car or van traveling all over the Eastern half of the United States.

Stephenie S
07-06-2011, 11:29 PM
Whew! What a lot of testosterone in this thread!

donnatracey
07-06-2011, 11:37 PM
So glad everything worked out well but you def were prepared, more so than the vast majority of us. Something for everyone to ponder.....you never know....:daydreaming:

Wendy_Marie
07-07-2011, 09:44 AM
Whew! What a lot of testosterone in this thread!

Testosterone..No! Personal safety and situational awareness...? Yes.

I don't think that any one of us who visit this forum can or should...afford to take our own personal safety for granted...

Cynthia Anne
07-07-2011, 10:12 AM
By your picture Wendy, you seem relaxed and confident! That is the way you handled a bad situation and you should be proud of yourself! Don't let morons discourage you! I have studied your picture and you look very fem to me! Hugs!

Wendy_Marie
07-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Cynthia...It's gonna take a whole lot more than idiocity like this to discourage me....I am more and more comfortable with myself with each and every outing.

Wendy_Marie
07-09-2011, 11:19 AM
An update to this thread....

I received a nice little "Letter/E-Mail" back from the Springfield Police Department...Thanking me for taking the time to report this incident.

The officer who responded wrote that it is important to take my own personal safety seriously and remain vigilant when I am out in public. He also stated that the description I gave of this vehicle and its occupants has since been passed around to the officers who patrol the area around where the incident took place as a possibly suspect for "Road Rage."

There have been reports in the local News recently of at least one person convicted of Road Rage and given the max sentence for flipping another driver the bird...

Hmmm, don't really see this as a road rage incident but any attention they wish to give to the matter is better than none I would think.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Sophie86
07-09-2011, 12:10 PM
I think you handled the situation in the best possible way.

RachelOKC
07-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Wendy, it sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders and did a fine job of handling this situation.

I've seen and heard a lot of talk of firearms in such situations and it bothers me for personal reasons. I have a TG friend who in 1997 got into a road rage incident - possibily a minor collision - I don't recall the specific details. What I do know is that the drivers got into a face to face altercation at the side of the road, assault and battery was supposedly imminent on my friend, a firearm was produced by her, and the other driver wound up getting shot at least five times. Luckily, he survived.

My friend is now in the Oklahoma state prison system, serving roughly her twelfth year of a thirty year attempted murder sentence. If she serves her full sentence, she'll be about sixty years old when she gets out. Wearing women's clothes at the trial and attempting to use her gender identity status in the defense didn't help her.

I'm sure it makes people feel better to have a firearm as personal protection and people frequently imagine themselves in a situation when they might have to use it. They might even be trained and state licensed for concealed carry. Yep, that gun might save your life, but if you brandish it or fire it you're going to have a very fun time justifying your actions and you could easily lose everything.

My friend could have driven away just like Wendy did. She could have done a lot of things differently but she didn't and now she's paying in decades for mere moments of stupidity. Don't be a fool like she was. Prison is not a fun place for anyone, let alone transgender people.

Wendy_Marie
07-09-2011, 01:34 PM
Rachel,
Thanks for your concern and I won't get into details surrounding positives and negatives of Firearms here....
I am sorry that your friend seems to have gotten the short end of the stick and it does go to show that we all, regardless of our TG Status should take our own safety seriously.

drag n fly
07-09-2011, 02:16 PM
Wendy..Nice going....and, by the way..You look really great in the picture..I love the top and pants..They look casually comfortable, yet not sloppy...Neat..smooches Jackie

BLUE ORCHID
07-09-2011, 05:11 PM
Hi Wendy, great story the next time the little a$$holes might not be so lucky.
You do know that you just can't fix stupid.

Orchid

Nicole Erin
07-09-2011, 07:39 PM
Too bad those kids cannot drive down east Washington street late at night in Indy.
Those 4 tough guys would instantly grow vaginas if they acted tough and a carload of REAL thugs pulled up to them.